Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default I miss the Ol' Days in NYC at Edelweiss and Sally's

Hi, I am new to these boards and just wanted to say hello, make a comment and ask a question.

As my screen name shows, I was a fan of the old Edelweiss in its hey day and it is sad that nothing like it (or the old Sally's) exists anymore. The Giuliani administration shut down almost every venue for Tgirls in NYC, and as far as I know nothing has come back.

From lurking here a couple of days, it seems that several members here are from NYC. As far as you know, is there any other place the T community and admirers went to? I know about Gloria Wholesome's events at Nowbar, but they were cruder and more late night than Edelweiss and Sally's, which had a nice after work set, as well as late night fun. There were working girls at Edelweiss and Sally's but there were also just Ts hanging out, having drinks and fun with admirers.

I have heard that in the Roosevelt Ave area there are Latin gay clubs that are T friendly or even have T nights, but I can't really hang out late like I used to when I was an unattached young'en. I tried one, and the first and practically only Tgirl showed up at about 2 am.

Where did all the after work ladies go to? It's so sad that those days seem to be completely over.

Junior Poster

I also miss the peep show place on 42nd street off of 8th Avenue, the one that had traany one-on-one booths upstairs. There used to be a blonde who called herself Sheryl (as I recall). Tall, slender and totally passable with a beautiful, very large penis. One of the other girls there once said that compared to her, the rest of them looked like they had small clits. She was friendly as could be with a beautiful smile. I just regret that I never called her for a private session

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thorn
    I also miss the peep show place on 42nd street off of 8th Avenue, the one that had traany one-on-one booths upstairs. There used to be a blonde who called herself Sheryl (as I recall). Tall, slender and totally passable with a beautiful, very large penis. One of the other girls there once said that compared to her, the rest of them looked like they had small clits. She was friendly as could be with a beautiful smile. I just regret that I never called her for a private session
    I think I remember who your talking about.
    She moved to florida. Im gonna look for some pics of her.
    ShowWorld was the best!

Junior Poster

Some pics of her would be great. She once told me that she was doing some fashion modeling, maybe in Europe? not sure.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Peep Show (or World, whatever the fuck it was called) was NOTORIOUS............... some of the so called DIVAS of various houses working there in the daytime......

I dont miss Edelweiss now that Allanah is doing her thing. Edelweiss in the 40's section had one thing going for it...... 2 floors on weekends

The space was wonderful, surprised no one bought that shit and revamped it

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Gold Poster

I know what you guys are talking about. I miss the good ole days as well. In addition to Show World, there was a spot right on 42nd St that had booths on the 1st floor and live TGirls upstairs... When I worked in the City, I would spend many a lunch break there. Too bad there is reall y no place to see live TGirls during the day anymore...I used to love Sally's, you could go ther for a drink and chill and sometimes get lucky in the Mens Room, lol. As for Edelweiss, I have heard some bad stories about that place, but I never had a bad experience there. I remember the 1st time I discovered they had a "down stairs", I was like whoa. I got lost down there for like 3 or 4 hours one night, lol.

Junior Poster

I miss Sally's also.

Rookie Poster

Default memories

i remember quite a few girls between the two peep spots...and Sally's.

Funny there were times when i'd think back and couldn't remember which was which.....and which girl i'd seen where.

So i did what any horny bastard would do......visited both.

Sally's had that laid back atmosphere.....a lukewarm hustle. You could get to know the girls....just hang out.

It was......loungy.

Edelweiss was more like a amusement park......all types of rides....twists and turns....and various other ways to kill a paycheck.

Default ANYONE REMEMBER P.T. BARNUM'S

it was in existance in midtown during the original sallys -- not sallys II -- heyday. barnums was wild. tgrrls swinging overhead, blowjobs in the booths, dudes selling loose joints -- the girls would buy the weed for you for a buck tip and then get high with you. also a few blocks north of sallys was a tgrll club, jumpin'. it had a spanish name that i cant recall. edelweis started in an asian restaurant down on 29th street before moving next to the market diner at 43rd and 10th, or is it 11th? anyone remember a real beauty named andrea? let's here some more nostalgia and experiences in those clubs. i remember the doorman at sallys, a spanish guy named angel. and wasnt sally some low level mob guy, but also a queen? i'd see him pop in now and then, carried a fancy walking stick.

Default Re: ANYONE REMEMBER P.T. BARNUM'S

Quote Originally Posted by nychot
    edelweis started in an asian restaurant down on 29th street before moving next to the market diner at 43rd and 10th,
    I think you may be confusing 2 spots. There was Speed Limit 55, which was a Japanese restaurant, but I'm pretty sure Edeleweis was German.