Gold Poster

Default What's The Catch To A Free Laptop?

Be it through spam or pop-ups, nary a day goes by when we aren't notified that we are "winners" of a free laptop. It's not that I'm not interested (I'm a Mac aficionado for one thing) in a free PC or free anything, but what's the catch? There has to be a catch; there always is.

Yes, I'm too lazy to follow the links and find out for myself. I figured someone in here has already followed through on it. What did they trick you into in other words?

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

They just want your contact info so they can spam you with more ads. No one wins a damned thing. =P

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

yeah either spam or they want u to subscribe to like 200 products and services for an undetermined number of times , lmfao.....then they might give u one....just stay away !!!!

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

It's a sales tactic. "Come visit our resort and receive a free toaster". You'll get the toaster, after enduring hours of bullshit, and then the toaster will break.

It is interesting dealing with people in the sales trade, though, as long as you know what you're doing. I met with two guys after work yesterday who have the opportunity to sell the people I work for several hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment over the next year. I know one of the guys really well, and we were just hanging out. The other guy I had never met before, and he went into "sales guy" mode.

I don't fault him for that, but he ended up buying all the beers. I got to walk around in "important guy" mode, at a classy club, winking at the hot girls, and not spending any money.

I get paid by the hour, "sales guy" can write the tab off as a business expense, and everything evens out in the end.

Gold Poster

Thanks, you guys. We all know that nothing is really free without some hitch somewhere. I was thinking it was more along one getting a laptop free ONLY if one went along with a long term contract with AOL and such. I'm sure that exists.

Okay, my public service for the forum is done.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

click the links at your own peril...

I never post here but I must chime in a say that a lot of those sites are real and actually do payout. I have been doing them for 3 years and have amassed about $50,000 in Giftcards, Visa Check Cards, PS3, XBOX 360's , 4 Plasma, etc.

Actually today I got my $250 Applebees and $250 kohls gc's. Cost like $35 total to do the site.

You just have to know how the system works and the do's and dont;s

Still Here 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy21
    I never post here but I must chime in a say that a lot of those sites are real and actually do payout. I have been doing them for 3 years and have amassed about $50,000 in Giftcards, Visa Check Cards, PS3, XBOX 360's , 4 Plasma, etc.

Actually today I got my $250 Applebees and $250 kohls gc's. Cost like $35 total to do the site.

You just have to know how the system works and the do's and dont;s
    Several of my friends got Macbook Pro's through those sites. It work's but I wouldn't do it.

I just got 2 macbook airs. Cost me like $60 a piece.