Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Quote Originally Posted by DC
    I've always believed that sexuality is not black or white, there are many shades of grey.
    right. so, let me ask you a question. if there was a scale where one end was white (we'll say that's 100% homosexual) and one side was black (100% straight)...and everything inbetween was different shades of grey where does trans fit in? what i mean to say is that our thinking is based on dualities and these are absolutes in how we go about our lives. we are beyond that here. as justatransgirl said...we have "transcended" the dualities.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    case in point: if someone thinks i'm gay, then that, in fact, also mischaracterizes trans women
    I'm not convinced this is true. There are some guys who are married to women, but whom everyone nonetheless identifies as "gay." They are gay because of their own demeanor... nothing to do with, and no reflection on, whom they are with. These men act "gay"... the mannerisms and inflections that might be unconscious but nonetheless real.

I can tell from listening to you that you are "gay" in this sense. Not to put you down, but your closest friends probably would all agree that you're a bit histrionic and that there is a certain amount of theatrics in your obsessions... take your post from last night which prompted all this. Your mind is not that of a straight man. I'm not at all trying to be pejorative of your nature, and I hope this is no surprise, as you yourself admit that you aren't straight.

But I suggest you stop obsessing about all this and find some inner peace because labels aren't worth all that energy. If you must choose a label, maybe you should consider other Greek roots... metamorphosis means "change in form" in Greek. Perhaps you could call yourself a metasexual or metamorphosexual, or if you want to get a little kinky, maybe mammophallosexual (mammo=boob, phallo=cock), or could it be kyrakourosexual (kyrakouros = ladyboy) or korandrosexual (kora=girly, andro=man) or gyneandrosexual (gyneandro=feminine man/shemale) or gynephallosexual (gyne=feminine, phallo=cock) or megaphallodaimonsexual (megaphallodaimon=hung-angel) ...

Laugh at the absurdity of it all!

Quote Originally Posted by vietboy
    case in point: if someone thinks i'm gay, then that, in fact, also mischaracterizes trans women
    I'm not convinced this is true. There are some guys who are married to women, but whom everyone nonetheless identifies as "gay." They are gay because of their own demeanor... nothing to do with, and no reflection on, whom they are with. These men act "gay"... the mannerisms and inflections that might be unconscious but nonetheless real.

I can tell from listening to you that you are "gay" in this sense. Not to put you down, but your closest friends probably would all agree that you're a bit histrionic and that there is a certain amount of theatrics in your obsessions... take your post from last night which prompted all this. Your mind is not that of a straight man. I'm not at all trying to be pejorative of your nature, and I hope this is no surprise, as you yourself admit that you aren't straight.

But I suggest you stop obsessing about all this and find some inner peace because labels aren't worth all that energy. If you must choose a label, maybe you should consider other Greek roots... metamorphosis means "change in form" in Greek. Perhaps you could call yourself a metasexual or metamorphosexual, or if you want to get a little kinky, maybe mammophallosexual (mammo=boob, phallo=cock), or could it be kyrakourosexual (kyrakouros = ladyboy) or korandrosexual (kora=girly, andro=man) or gyneandrosexual (gyneandro=feminine man/shemale) or gynephallosexual (gyne=feminine, phallo=cock) or megaphallodaimonsexual (megaphallodaimon=hung-angel) ...

you use a lot of big words and fancy prose to disguise a truly bigoted point of view

Silver Poster

Good post whatsupwithat. You did a good job articulating the mislabeling of TS women. Actually taught me something in terms of how I might respond if I ever get spotted by a friend or co worker or something.

But I'll say this, family does muddy things up for many people. So, while you are blessed to have a supporting one, not everyone does, and One persons apple is in fact someone elses orange or lemon.....and those burn on contact.

Thank you for sharing, whatsupwithat.........very good, informing post here.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    you use a lot of big words and fancy prose to disguise a truly bigoted point of view
    I stipulate that certain behaviors exist that can be classified as "gay" and that there is nothing bigoted in saying so. Some dispute the existance of "gay" behaviors, just as some fire-breathing feminists dispute the existance of a sexual dichotomy.

I believe that I live in the real world though.

This is funny. I think he just called you an internet sissy.

I know plenty of women who only date trans-men (FTM) and nobody calls them tranny- chasers (except for me, because I like to fuck with my friends).

You are not a Transsexual. Sorry.

Just be glad that you figured out what you liked before you got too old and bogged down to enjoy it, and let everyone else play catch-up.

xoxo
    Mandy

5 Star Poster

I can tell from listening to you that you are "gay" in this sense. Not to put you down, but your closest friends probably would all agree that you're a bit histrionic and that there is a certain amount of theatrics in your obsessions... take your post from last night which prompted all this. Your mind is not that of a straight man. I'm not at all trying to be pejorative of your nature, and I hope this is no surprise, as you yourself admit that yoaren't straight.

lol! :P

i wouldn't say your comments about me are pejorative, but they are highly subjective and flawed. and, wow, for someone so dead set on not labeling, you sure put a lot of time and effort into attempting to paint me as something...and that's even before you get to the little naming party in that last paragraph. but don't get me wrong, i appreciate the effort. must have taken you awhile to cobble that post together.

the be all and end all of it is that this isn't about me or you, individually. it's about all of us, ya know?

ps - still laughing...thank you.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsmandy

This is funny. I think he just called you an internet sissy.

I know plenty of women who only date trans-men (FTM) and nobody calls them tranny- chasers (except for me, because I like to fuck with my friends).

You are not a Transsexual. Sorry.

Just be glad that you figured out what you liked before you got too old and bogged down to enjoy it, and let everyone else play catch-up.

xoxo
    Mandy
    i know, it's funny, isn't it? ha! i'm enjoying it.

the FTM community is a completely different entity, i think, than the MTF one. lots more support and openness from the lesbian community...and some of the girls i know, damn, they put the men to shame.

so, transsexual. why no in your mind? it's an old term handed out by the medical and psychological communities when they just didn't get it. they still don't (aka GID).

someone postd what i wrote on another board. one poster got it right in her explanation of TREES. as much as we hate labels, can you imagine having to explain the concept of tree over and over to someone? that's what i'm getting at.

Default Re: i am tired of explaining

being open about who i am has led me to have zillion and conversations like this....and not just with family. business people, clergy, friends, acquaintances...the list goes on and on. oh, i could take the buddhist route and say, "it just is", but i think the world at large, society needs something more to hang their hat on. it's a fact that we, as human beings, communicate by words. we understand concepts through them. i'm just tired of explaining. i really am.
    I am sorry I offend some of you when I call you fags, it is truly an endearing term to me, but when I say it to someone who I am pissed off at I truly mean they are acting like fags. You know... The shady queens who are bitter about life and have nothing better to do then spread attitude and hate.

Truth is... I admire your strength and more men should be like you. You are a truly deserving human being, living your life honestly. You are blessed and confident with who you are.

Every man and woman in this board and else where should aspire to your strength and devotion to living your life with your true self calling in your conscience.

I can keep going but you already know all this. I think a true man is one of strength, one who is true to himself and honest to those he loves.

No need to explain yourself, and if I did anything to upset you it truly was not meant for you... as you may know.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    I stipulate that certain behaviors exist that can be classified as "gay" and that there is nothing bigoted in saying so. Some dispute the existance of "gay" behaviors, just as some fire-breathing feminists dispute the existance of a sexual dichotomy.

I believe that I live in the real world though.
    which one?