Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default The Circle---way off topic but where else can i ask?

When looking at the U.S. using Google Earth, does anyone else see a large circle centered somewhere between Huntsville and Birmingham with a diameter that exceeds the State of Alabama? If it's not my imagination, then what is it? Anyone know?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_circle_02_168.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	187380  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

at best i can see a segment of ~90°

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Junior Poster

Yes - just about to destroy Birmingham, Alabama, in
    Fuckit, full power.

The default answer is aliens. Or God.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Rookie Poster

From what I remember from that area that is the very end of the Appalachians. It is like the final anything related to elevation. Beyond that is the Fall Line. it also extends into GA near Macon. and to the west toward the Mississippi River valley areas.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

What? There's a huge circle around Alabama? Google earth is too slow and clunky with my current set-up to run, but I'll take your word for it.

Maybe the Rapture is happening and the only people to be saved are living in Alabama. Jesse Helms is probably behind this. He'll save rednecks, but not from his home state, just out of spite.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Maybe the Rapture is happening...
    Yeah, that's probably all it is.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

Gov. Wallace created a crop-circle and put all the black people from his state in the middle hoping that the Fed would fire a missle from space. Not really. But, its an atomic accelarator for smashing atoms at a high rate of speed. There is one in Illinois called Fermilab. Well, would you believe its an imprint left from Delta Burke's azz?!?!

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Heh. I think Trish or Brenda or one of the science club girls here would know about an atom smasher the size of Alabama. I have no idea. That would be pretty cool, though. You could smash a lot of atoms with a thing like that.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Looks like a valley, perhaps, between Memphis and Huntsville, down through Mississippi, and swinging through southern Alabama right through Montgomery. Is that it?