Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

I work with alot of good ole boys on the railroad.As i explain to them,i'd have alot more respect for
    those who say they won't vote for Obama cause
    he's black,then to listen to them search for reasons
    not to vote for him.Dumb ass reasons like,parades
    lapel pins,his pastor,etc. I would not as a black man
    vote for him just because he's black,just as i would
    not vote for a backwards asshole like clarence thomas,because he's black.Who can best turn this country around?Bush will go down in history as the
    most corrupt,dishonest president in the history of
    this country.If you want more of the same,vote macain.All bush has done is make himself and cheney rich for generations to come,while our boys and girls die in the middle east.Housing,health,gas
    food,the enviroment, ecomony,all have taken a back seat to greed and lies.

Junior Poster

this post is in the wrong forum and if the moderaters don't zap it it's going to get much worse in the coming months
    A wise soul.

@cam22001: And just where do you think I'm located?

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

@sugdaddie69: Well stated. I'm in total agreement for what it's worth.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Xim
    Find ways to fix gas prices, the economy and the war in Iraq, instead of this other non-sense

out
    isn't that what nancy pelosi promised when the dems took over the house and congress in the off-year elections?

damn, i'm sure glad they fixed that problem...

Nothing to see here folks.

cel·ebrate (sel′ə brāt′)

to perform (a ritual, ceremony, etc.) publicly and formally: solemnize
    to commemorate (an anniversary, holiday, etc.) with ceremony or festivity
    to honor or praise publicly
    to mark (a happy occasion) by engaging in some pleasurable activity.

Obama did celebrate the 4th. Going to a parade is the way a lot of people celebrate the 4th of July. Hence the crowds. McCain didn't celebrate it, he just took the weekend off (like he does EVERY weekend) and went home. Whatever he may have done to recognize the day, he didn't do so in public.

You know who Obama was quoting when he said we are a nation of laws, not men? John Adams. One of the founding fathers.

The photo wasn't taken during the Pledge of Allegience. It was the National Anthem. This has been very widely debunked, but it keeps being exhumed by people who have nothing substantive to add to the political debate.

McCain recently said he didn't love this country until he was held prisoner of war. While he was being held, he repeatedly and admiittedly violated the Code of Military Conduct, by giving up information to get medical attention, and accepting favors and special treatment from his captors.

Unlike the BS smears against Obama all that is true, but its still equally irrelevant to the real issues we face, like the economy, the climate and the Middle East.

If petty falsehoods are all that you and the right can offer, you really have nothing to offer at all.

FK

Gold Poster

Let me see if I have this straight? Over a million people have died -- DIED -- in Iraq since the dunce's decision to invade that country(so much for pointing fingers about Saddam's mass graves, huh?). Over 4000 American service personnel will never touch or be touched by a loved one again, with tens of thousands wounded or maimed. Anything or anyone perceived as American will now adorn a bulls eye on their backs for decades to come thanks to said invasion -- they don't have to come here. The American economy is in the tank. The treasury is broken. The moron-in-charge has irreparably harmed U.S. world standing and reputation worldwide (Juxtapose images of JFK traveling overseas with that of the dunce's). People are losing their homes (Wall Street gets a bailout, though). American car plants are being shuttered. Forty-five million Americans without health care, and on and on and on. And all the Right can continually try to pound into the collective American psyche are "problems" such as flag pins, preachers, and parade walking???

... Any Rightie want to tell me what parade Rush, and his new 400 million dollar contract, participated in on the forth? Just curious.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Gold Poster

Oops, duplicate posting. Sorry.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by worthy2
    i look at like this, if you vote obama only cause he's black your an idiot, if you dont vote for obama just cause he's black your an idiot/
    Here here!

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    @sugdaddie69: Well stated. I'm in total agreement for what it's worth.
    Thanks,THX