Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Gee, thanks for the history lesson, kepptin, but, shove it up yer arse...Sideways .
    Guess, you forgot about the Indians, huh?

You should get down on your knees and kiss the ass of every American veteran that you meet. You have THEM to thank for the freedom and free (shitty) healthcare that you enjoy.
    I was going to stay out of this. Basically, i think the op's a bit of a cock, starting something like this (especially on Independance Day), but, there's no way i'm letting this jingostic bollocks slide past without comment.

Shitty health care?
    How many people in your country, the self proclaimed greatest country in the world, are genuinely afraid of becoming ill, because they can't afford health care (shitty or otherwise)?

The NHS may have problems, but it's there for everybody, no matter what income bracket they're in.

And as for that other old chesnut.
    Kiss your veterans arses?
    Fuck you, you get down on your kness and beg forgiveness from every mother her lost her son, blue on blue!
    Any debt we owed has been paid back with blood over the last three oil wars.

Now that that's out of the way, any of you veterans out there who aren't still under the covers, cringing with embarrassment at that jingoistic prick, I hope you had a good day...Especially the 30th in N.C.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Fuck you, you get down on your kness and beg forgiveness from every mother her lost her son, blue on blue!
    +1

The Free French Resitance had a saying during WW2:

When the British bomb, the Germans duck their heads.

When the Germans bomb, the British duck their heads.

When the Americans bomb, EVERYONE ducks their heads!

Gee, thanks for the history lesson, kepptin, but, shove it up yer arse...Sideways .
    Guess, you forgot about the Indians, huh?
    How can you be so arrogant as to bring up the Indians when your country, over its long history, has subgated more native peoples than any other nation in history?

Guess you forgot about:
    India
    China (where your people started the Opium War)
    Kenya
    South Africa
    Aborigines in Australia
    Ireland
    Sudan
    Nigeria
    Botswana
    Zambia
    Pakistan
    Bangladesh
    Afganistan
    Tanzania
    Zimbabwe
    Namibia
    Iraq (where you were there far longer than we've been)
    Jordan
    Uganda
    Ghana
    Eritrea
    Djibouti
    Singapore
    Burma

Don't talk to me about Indians in such a chastizing tone when your hands are far, far bloodier than ours. At its height your British Empire oppressed 2/5 of the entire world.

Do you honestly think that the mother's of those casualties give a damn HOW their boys got killed? It doesn't matter to them if it was an insurgent-placed IED, a 7.62mm round from an insurgent AK-47, or a 5.56mm round from a US M-16. All they know or care about is that their kids have been killed--needlessly!!!

Shitty health care?
    How many people in your country, the self proclaimed greatest country in the world, are genuinely afraid of becoming ill, because they can't afford health care (shitty or otherwise)?
    About 30 million out of a population of 300 million, so roughly 10%. I already stated that the US wasn't perfect, but if all you have on us is a universal healthcare system (paid for by ridiculously high taxes and run by a government beauracracy), then you've got some catching up to do, lad. 90% of our population has healthcare, we have some of the lowest taxes in the world, one of the highest standards of living in the world, and we're 20% of the world's GDP with only 5% of its population. I think that says something.

Now that that's out of the way, any of you veterans out there who aren't still under the covers, cringing with embarrassment at that jingoistic prick, I hope you had a good day...Especially the 30th in N.C.
    I, myself, am a veteran of Desert Storm (where I lost an eye) and I believe that most veterans of the US Armed Forces would agree with just about every word that I've said. Admittedly I did say it and a VERY, VERY prickish sort of way. At this point, I don't care, though. NO ONE says that my country would be better off under British rule without me lashing out as hard as I can.[/i]

"Those who would give up essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security..."

Benjamin Franklin

we have some of the lowest taxes in the world, one of the highest standards of living in the world, and we're 20% of the world's GDP with only 5% of its population. I think that says something.
    And *only* 10% of your population have no healthcare whatsoever.
    Yep, it certainly does say something.

"Those who would give up essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security..."
    But bonus points for the use of irony. i'm impressed.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The U.S. of A. Fuckin' Rocks. We're 28th in infant mortality rates and climbin'. Beat that you slimy limies.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

As I said before, our nation isn't perfect, and, if that's all you can come up with, then you need to seriously rethink your position. Besides that, maybe if we hadn't been spending 30% of our Federal Budget on defense during the Cold War to protect the ENTIRE Free World, we could have afforded national healthcare a long time ago.

(This is the first time I've gotten into a flame war on the internet. It's a lot of fun...lol.)

Let's take the time now to thank the United States for everything that it's given the modern world:

The airplane
    Mass production
    The telephone
    Kimberly Devine
    The integrated circuit
    The internet
    Taco Bell
    Nuclear power
    Television
    Rock n' Roll
    Star Wars
    Microwave ovens
    Moon landings
    Nazi-free living space
    Radio
    Submarines
    Plastics
    Blue jeans
    Coca-cola
    Baseball
    Las Vegas
    AC electrical power

And who is the world going to come running to in 20 years when China starts gobbling up East Asia in a grab for resources? Great Britain? France? India? Russia? Germany? Japan? "No" to all of the above. You'll come running to us. We're not perfect, and we may stick our nose where it doesn't belong sometimes, and we may fuck up, but we're who you've got.

Benjamin Franklin

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

And who is the world going to come running to in 20 years when China starts gobbling up East Asia in a grab for resources? Great Britain? France? India? Russia? Germany? Japan?
    Oh come on, it won't be us because we're in debt up to the fuckin' wazzoo (mathematicians will tell you that one wazzoo is worth about two trillion dollars)...and to who?...to China. Why? Because that's how we're currently supporting our involvement in Iraq while at the same time giving every wealthy American rich enough to afford two or more homes a tax break. China (and Saudi Arabia) is buying up U.S. interests like candy at Halloween.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Default Re: Independence day

Quote Originally Posted by hyperspace
    The USA would be in a much better state if the British had won.

Free SRS for a start.
    Everything happens for a reason...

As I said before, our nation isn't perfect
    See, it doesn't matter where we come from, we can put aside our differences and agree on some things!

Besides that, maybe if we hadn't been spending 30% of our Federal Budget on defense during the Cold War to protect the ENTIRE Free World, we could have afforded national healthcare a long time ago.
    Protecting the entire free world EXCEPT that 10% of your own population who don't have health care.

Let's take the time now to thank the United States for everything that it's given the modern world:
    You forgot The World Series!

And who is the world going to come running to in 20 years when China
    Oh please, China already owns you!
    They came thru the back door offering cheap televisions and flat pack furniture.

The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid moves which make us wonder at the possibility that there may be something to them which we are missing. - Gamal Abdel Nasser

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thefrakkincaptain
    As I said before, our nation isn't perfect, and, if that's all you can come up with, then you need to seriously rethink your position. Besides that, maybe if we hadn't been spending 30% of our Federal Budget on defense during the Cold War to protect the ENTIRE Free World, we could have afforded national healthcare a long time ago.

(This is the first time I've gotten into a flame war on the internet. It's a lot of fun...lol.)

The airplane
    Mass production
    The telephone
    Kimberly Devine
    The integrated circuit
    The internet
    Taco Bell
    Nuclear power
    Television
    Rock n' Roll
    Star Wars
    Microwave ovens
    Moon landings
    Nazi-free living space
    Radio
    Submarines
    Plastics
    Blue jeans
    Coca-cola
    Baseball
    Las Vegas
    AC electrical power

And who is the world going to come running to in 20 years when China starts gobbling up East Asia in a grab for resources? Great Britain? France? India? Russia? Germany? Japan? "No" to all of the above. You'll come running to us. We're not perfect, and we may stick our nose where it doesn't belong sometimes, and we may fuck up, but we're who you've got.

Fuck me is that all you can come up with. If I listed all the British inventions and ideas I'd crash the internet. Keep teaching your kids creationism you war mongering burger eaters and let the rest of the world advance.