Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default A TOUCHY SUBJECT?

I'm just wondering if you would take a Transgendered woman home to meet your parents, and would they be ok with you dating a TG? Would they dishone you or accept it?

Any answers will be appreciated.....

Home is where the Heart is....

Professional Poster

if I brought a tranny home and said I was in a relationship with her it wouldn't go over too well, lol.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I meet the family, friends, co-workers, etc. Never been a problem.

Though I'm reluctant to bring them around my peeps until I know
    they're stable, and are a keeper.

Junior Poster

Julie, Ur drop dead gorgeous baby.... I would introduce you even if they took me out of the will

Home is where the Heart is....

They wouldn't know because it's none of their business, unless she wanted them to know or if it was relevant somehow. My mom would probably be ok with it after some explaining, my dad is a homophobe so it'd be like talking to a brick wall.

Good thing I don't need anyone's approval.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Lick UR Lovely
    Julie, Ur drop dead gorgeous baby.... I would introduce you even if they took me out of the will
    Dont worry they wouldn't clock me, lol. I am not a super model but I am passable and attractive.

I have met the families of guys I have dated. Though my ex that I was with for 4 yrs eventually told his mother. She was a bit taken back but was ok with it and it was not an issue at all. His dad never knew. He loved me, he was kinda like the character Frank from the show Everyone Loves Raymond. He hated everyone but adored me.

My ex didnt walk around telling people and people didnt know, but if anyone ever found out he could of cared less. If anyone was to ever call me a man he would of probably replied with "well that's my man then" and punch them in the face.

He loved me for me, and didnt care if anyone found out and that's the best way to be if you date a tranny.

Well, my parents are history and I don't socialize all that much with family, so this question doesn't come up a lot.

My close friends know, as do my business associates, that I'm most likely to show up with a 'special' gurl on my arm, so it's never been an issue.

So, yah, if the circumstances were different, I'd have no problem taking her home to meet me mum.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

My family wouldn't care too much. My mom would prefer odds are I date a real woman but she wouldn't make a big fuss over it. Nor my dad.

What's that do?

The Judge, last words.(Right before being blasted by a bazooka.)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYTSJulie
    if I brought a tranny home and said I was in a relationship with her it wouldn't go over too well, lol.
    Lmao

You're hilarious girl!

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Veteran Poster

My family was fine for the most part... they only ever had one issue, and that was this odd business dinner/birthday party for my dad. They worried about causing waves for my Dad at work (well mom, sister and sister-in-law did), but he was fine with it, and no problems came up so they have kind of gotten over even that.

My one big issue, I argued often with folks that GLBT folks should be equal, so my girls had to deal with being clocked more than they should have been due to association with me. It's odd, I have a lesbian sister and two trans exes but everyone wants me to stay quiet on the issues, so I don't blow their cover. I just don't understand how we can change anything if we don't speak up.

- I at least understand being not 'part of the club' when I decided to not do anything my own gender issues, but someone has to speak up right?

sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...