Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    There is a clear and distinct difference when speaking of Jews versus Zionists. It is not wise and incorrect to call somebody antisemitic when they criticize a Zionist agenda. Just throwing that out there for future reference..
    That is a good point El, and I do know the difference between the two. If you read the quoted post

Don't worry the US and the Zionist only invade countries they are sure to destroy - usually weak third world nations. Despite the propaganda, the US has not had a real successfull military since the US Civil War - and that was Lee's Confederate Army. They would not dare attack determined and formidable Persians. The Zionist will stick with what they do best - shooting little kids who throw rocks at them.
    by a new poster who takes his screen name from Nietzche, it isn't hard to surmise that there is some form of latent antisemitism at work. His choice of 'the Zionist' instead of Israel/i speaks volumes.
    Would someone PLEASE explain to me that anytime some speaks against the Zionist agenda, that they are immediately labeled anti-Semitic? This is getting ridiculous!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Oli's suspicions of antisemitism weren't aroused by mere usage of the root "Zion", it seems his evidence is two-fold.

1. Zarathustra's usage of "Zionist" where "Israeli" would've been more appropriate.

2. "Zarathustra" is the name of Nietzche's fictional character who epitomizes the "superman". The Nazi's (mistakenly or not) took Nietzche's philosophy to be the intellectual support for antisemitism. Adopting "Zarathustra" as one's handle might only indicate you admire Nietzche's philosophy. But it may also be nod and a wink to those who are indeed antisemitic.

Now add add the above two points to the general thrust of Zarathustra's post, and Oli's suspicions do appear to be warranted.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Buhdook
    Would someone PLEASE explain to me that anytime some speaks against the Zionist agenda, that they are immediately labeled anti-Semitic? This is getting ridiculous!
    Would you point out the country of Zion on a map for me?

Words have power and meaning. The words you chose say more than their individual definitions. That Zarathustra decided to use the term 'Zionist' instead of Israeli, to me at least raised a red flag.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center the term "Zionist" is used in America by both the Zionist movement, and as a code word by far right hate groups who are antisemitic.

Is there a Zionist agenda? Certainly.
    Are all Israelis Zionists? No. If they were, there would be no peace process.
    Did you just substitute 'Zionist agenda' for Israeli national interests? Yes.

That raises another red flag, for me.

Trish is correct also. The Nazis corrupted Nietzche's ideas and incorporated them into the Nazi ideology. The Neo-Nazi movement (never the brightest bulbs to begin with) have continued that perversion.

Alright Then.

My ambivalence toward Palisraelistine knows no bounds, but I'm starting to think that if the brats can't play nice, somebody needs to take away the toy. I'm thinking that the Jordan River valley would be a good place to put the world's concentrated toxic waste dump. Then if the assholes (& I lump them all into that catagory because I'm just sick to death of listening to the excuses for acting that way) still want to live there & produce children with flippers & 6 eyes, then too damn bad. The whole world's about to get suckered into some apocalyptic conflagration over some bullshit 5000 year old intrafamily feud over a bowl of soup & name heritage. Fuck 'em all!

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

I agree. No side can claim moral authority in this conflict anymore.
    In fact, I'm not sure they ever could.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    My ambivalence toward Palisraelistine knows no bounds, but I'm starting to think that if the brats can't play nice, somebody needs to take away the toy. I'm thinking that the Jordan River valley would be a good place to put the world's concentrated toxic waste dump. Then if the assholes (& I lump them all into that catagory because I'm just sick to death of listening to the excuses for acting that way) still want to live there & produce children with flippers & 6 eyes, then too damn bad. The whole world's about to get suckered into some apocalyptic conflagration over some bullshit 5000 year old intrafamily feud over a bowl of soup & name heritage. Fuck 'em all!
    Finally me and you agree on something in principle. Being tired of the constant warfare between those groups.

So how about this? Let the worlds leaders send both the Palestinians and Israeli's an ultimatum. Make peace by 2010 or we will turn your lands into radioactive glass, we will nuke them.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Brenda writes (with exasperation, I presume)
    So how about this? Let the worlds leaders send both the Palestinians and Israeli's an ultimatum. Make peace by 2010 or we will turn your lands into radioactive glass, we will nuke them.
    Though I do not advocate it, I must confess: that thought does pass through my head on occasion.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Well that might help keep the toxic chemicals from leaching into the soil & poluting the Riviera.

Seriously though: I'm done. I'm all out of sympathy for anybody involved in this mess.

I don't care about Israel. I don't care about Zionism. I don't care about Jews for that matter. I don't give a shit about somebody's maternal bloodline or family, tribal, or religious history. I'm not buying for one second that any god or God gave property title to anybody for any place on this planet. The holocaust was terrible & all that, but I didn't do it & neither did the Palistinians or Iran or anybody who's in Israel's sights right now. You can't milk it forever & it doesn't work to justify treating others the same way. Get over it.

I don't care about Palistine. I don't care about Palistinians, Philistines, or whatever they want to call themselves. They've been treated like shit & ripped off big time, but that's no excuse for extending their attacks to people who have no involvement in their problems. They've acted stupidly about this from day one.

I don't care about Arabs. They've done their share of stupid too.

I don't care about Islam or Muslims. If they're too stupid to tell their so-called leaders to shut the hell up & stop inciting fear & hatred, then they'll continue being under seige for generations to come.

I don't care about Iran or any of "stans" in central Asia. I don't care if they have nukes. I don't care if they want to live in the dark ages. Let them deal with their own shit & if they can't, tough.

I don't care about so-called Christians who preach fear & hatred in the name of Jesus. I don't give a shit about their apocalyptic nonsense & I certainly don't want them in charge of the wherewithal to bring their lame-assed prophesies to fruition.

I don't care about Europeans. Especially those who think they should be hanging on to their colonies. If they can't hang without ripping off the rest of the world, that's just too damn bad. & yes that includes those smug, sanctimonious, bigoted, monarchistic Brits. The current trouble in Palisraelistine can be directly attributed to them. & don't give me some crap aboout them being a democracy as long as the royalty is still the titular head of state & the house of lords still gets to decide who has rights & who doesn't. If the "commonweath" totally collapsed tomorrow, I could shrug it off easily enough.

I could go on for days but my fingers are getting tired. Suffice it to say:
    Fuck 'em all!

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Platinum Poster

Well that might help keep the toxic chemicals from leaching into the soil & poluting the Riviera.

Seriously though: I'm done. I'm all out of sympathy for anybody involved in this mess.

I don't care about Israel. I don't care about Zionism. I don't care about Jews for that matter. I don't give a shit about somebody's maternal bloodline or family, tribal, or religious history. I'm not buying for one second that any god or God gave property title to anybody for any place on this planet. The holocaust was terrible & all that, but I didn't do it & neither did the Palistinians or Iran or anybody who's in Israel's sights right now. You can't milk it forever & it doesn't work to justify treating others the same way. Get over it.

I don't care about Palistine. I don't care about Palistinians, Philistines, or whatever they want to call themselves. They've been treated like shit & ripped off big time, but that's no excuse for extending their attacks to people who have no involvement in their problems. They've acted stupidly about this from day one.

I don't care about Arabs. They've done their share of stupid too.

I don't care about Islam or Muslims. If they're too stupid to tell their so-called leaders to shut the hell up & stop inciting fear & hatred, then they'll continue being under seige for generations to come.

I don't care about Iran or any of "stans" in central Asia. I don't care if they have nukes. I don't care if they want to live in the dark ages. Let them deal with their own shit & if they can't, tough.

I don't care about so-called Christians who preach fear & hatred in the name of Jesus. I don't give a shit about their apocalyptic nonsense & I certainly don't want them in charge of the wherewithal to bring their lame-assed prophesies to fruition.

I don't care about Europeans. Especially those who think they should be hanging on to their colonies. If they can't hang without ripping off the rest of the world, that's just too damn bad. & yes that includes those smug, sanctimonious, bigoted, monarchistic Brits. The current trouble in Palisraelistine can be directly attributed to them. & don't give me some crap aboout them being a democracy as long as the royalty is still the titular head of state & the house of lords still gets to decide who has rights & who doesn't. If the "commonweath" totally collapsed tomorrow, I could shrug it off easily enough.

I could go on for days but my fingers are getting tired. Suffice it to say:
    Fuck 'em all!
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel, hippifried?

And this time try not to hold back so much.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

If the "commonweath" totally collapsed tomorrow, I could shrug it off easily enough.
    I think most Britons could too.

The majority of Brits born after 1940 view the Empire as an embarrassing and guilt-inducing mess, which is correct. We should never have gone after our day in the sun, and should have stayed home and made cheese and brewed beer.

But hey, at least our former colonies get to kick our arse at cricket every year!