Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

I'm new to this forum and until now have steered away from politics and religion(lets face the facts, that is not why I came to this type of forum), but I felt compelled to reply because I am a gun owner. I would like to point out a few things i feel are pertinent to the discussion. 1) WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR ONES ACTIONS? It takes a depraved heart to kill, like the saying goes guns dont kill people, people kill people. I have yet to see a gun jump up from a table and shoot someone without there being a person to PICK IT UP, AIM IT, AND PULL THE TRIGGER(premeditation). 2) Guns are not the only weapons being used to kill or maim. Perhaps we should enforce a ban on edged weapons or maybe baseball bats or golf clubs for that matter(either could be used to do the same thing)what about cars? drunks kill people everyday and in those cases the vehicle is the weapon. maybe we should have to get a permit to buy a car? THE POINT IS maybe we should use some common sense and enforce the current laws we have, because making news laws and not enforcing them does not make sense either. I hope I never have to repel an attack but if I did i'm glad I have a right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS because it gives me and my family a much better chance of survival and it will make the "DEPRAVED HEART" think twice.

And one more thing, CRIMINALS DON'T BUY GUNS LEGALLY ANYWAY, so the only people you hurt with these rediculous laws are the honest, hardworking citizens who should be able to protect themselves from the 'scum of mankind'. Common sense has not been employed by our governing officials for almost 2 decades ( I really miss you Mr. Reagan ) it is refreshing to see that some people in government are starting to see the 'error of their ways'.

I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6...

Great points Zippylongorgan and gobbler. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing lefto to debate. Thanks for the input. And jesus, Canada's gun laws are virtually identical to Massachusetts'. The process sucks and treat you are guilty until proven innocent! Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I never seen a car of its own accord jump up and run someone over. But we still make drivers pass a test, keep their licenses current and register their cars. Why? Not because we're relieving drivers of their responsibilities but exactly the opposite...we're holding them responsible. It's time gun owners stopped whining and simply owned up to their responsibilities.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    I never seen a car of its own accord jump up and run someone over. But we still make drivers pass a test, keep their licenses current and register their cars. Why? Not because we're relieving drivers of their responsibilities but exactly the opposite...we're holding them responsible. It's time gun owners stopped whining and simply owned up to their responsibilities.
    Well said as always, Trish.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by zippylongorgan
    I really miss you Mr. Reagan
    Yeah, those were the good old days....NOT!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

I live in NJ, dont know how it is else where, but here you must get a permit for EVERY GUN you want to buy. The permit process consists of applying, paying the required fees(for criminal background check and mental health history)and waiting for these checks to be completed. First time I got one(1992) it took about 3 months. It doesnt end there, once you get the permit and go to purchase the firearm you have to go through an instant check before you may take possesion(to make sure the paperwork was not counterfitted) then you make take it home. The subsequent permits usually take about 4-6 weeks(I have 10 handguns and a large safe to keep them in). The moral of this story is trampling the rights of everyone just to stop a few bad apples is not democracy it is facism. Ask yourself this question(this is not directed at anyone in particular just people who think they have common sense) Why do the cities and states that have the highest crime rates also have the toughest gun laws?( example NEW YORK already has had 500+ murders this year.)

Veteran Poster

Why are you complaining? You got your gun in the end.

Do you think the selling of firearms should be completely unregulated? So anyone can buy one regardless of any history of mental illness/criminal convictions etc.?

No, I am not complaining i'm pointing out that there are adequate laws pertaining to this issue and that they should be enforced. Complaining would be if all those facist anti gun nuts got their way and none of us were allowed the right to chose what is in our best interest. Should I be able to tell you what is in your best interest? no, just as you should not be able to do the same to me. That is what true freedom is all about. Those are the principles that this nation was founded on. You completely missed the point I got my guns because I am a law abiding citizen with a clean criminal and mental history who didnt mind waiting for the checks. The criminal does not conform to society's laws they get their guns on the black market or out of the trunk of a car in some urban shithole. Common sense.

Hey chef mike, I think stephen colbert said it best when he said " I may not like what you have to say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"