Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Here are some brief remarks on your link, El Nino:

It’s not news that our beliefs are shaped by our environment which includes the society in which we live. It can easily happen that society is wrong about certain of its beliefs and that we are led by our society to believe those falsehoods. They might even be false beliefs that function to guarantee the relative comfort of a certain segment of society; e.g. we might believe that “all poverty is born of laziness.” Those who benefit by such a belief might in fact propagate it. None of this requires a conspiracy. There needn’t be a secret cabal in the recesses of government that set it all in motion. (Indeed, why is the government always the bad guy in these conspiracy scenarios, why not the pseudo-intellectual political think-tanks?) Of course our thoughts are not entirely our own. In fact it’s damn hard to come up with an original idea that’s viable in the market place of ideas. That’s simply part of the natural memetic evolution of ideas. The narrator in your linked clip is rather like the 19th century thinker who cannot imagine that evolution could’ve proceeded without gods to initiate and guide it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    The pessimist sees the glass half empty.
    The optimist sees the glass half full.
    The engineer sees a glass that’s larger than it need be to serve it current function.
    and the communications engineer says
    http://bangengineering.com/blog/wp-c...t-engineer.gif

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh
    The pessimist sees the glass half empty.
    The optimist sees the glass half full.
    The engineer sees a glass that’s larger than it need be to serve it current function.
    and the communications engineer says
    http://bangengineering.com/blog/wp-c...t-engineer.gif
    Spoken like someone who has never had to defend himself/herself against a"gansta" or a fucking mugger like i have.

"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither' Benjamin franklin.

loki, i think many transgender women have witnessed their share of violence ( http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...hlight=#415695 ).
    Some of us just bravely handle it without waving our own guns and knives.

But just how the pessimist/optimist amusement prompted your ejaculation, I can only imagine. Maybe you could explain how the Dilbert cartoon linked by muhmuh is linked by logic to your insult. You know, you might try posting while sober sometime. I think you'll find a notable improvement in the result. (Well maybe not, but it's worth a try).

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

House Keeping

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by loki
    Spoken like someone who has never had to defend himself/herself against a"gansta" or a fucking mugger like i have.
    not everyone lives in a country where half the population is stuck in the wild west
    and what in the name of all that is unholy does being mugged have to do with redundant glasses?

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    Trish you are a little miss knowitall, aren't you. Well, we have news for you...
    Yeah, like you know there's a cabal because you're a member.

All joking aside. Did you think I'd be wowed by that silly piece of fluff? I offered the obvious critique and now I'm little miss knowitall? I was hoping for a more reasoned response.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Platinum Poster

Yeah, like you know there's a cabal because you're a member.
    You probably have to know the secret handshake, trish. But they can be easily recognized due to their jaunty tinfoil hats.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

House Keeping

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

With questionable levity El Nino writes

This is pretty funny too!
    …and then he posts a link to tyrannyalert’s speculative pdf on the collapse of the twin towers.

The link claims to refute the conclusions of a dozen independent engineering firms and societies. Yet it contains not a single reference to any independent engineering analysis, not a single table or chart displaying the stress analysis data or dynamics. Not a single mathematical equation. In short, it fails to rigorously and quantitatively criticize the existing models of the twin tower’s collapse and offers no rigorous model or analysis of its own.

It’s just another piece of fluff posing as engineering science.

Here are a few slightly more serious links. The first is the final NIST report. It’s close to 300 pages long, so it may take a little while to download. The second’s only 8 pages long and demonstrates what a mathematic model of collapse should look like. The latter two are slide show presentations given at two different engineering conferences.

http://wtc.nist.gov/NISTNCSTAR1CollapseofTowers.pdf

http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Nucl...C6/0/ps2p2.pdf

http://web.mit.edu/istgroup/ist/docu...Istanbul04.pdf

http://eagar.mit.edu/EagarPresentati...C_TMS_2002.pdf