Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Tomfurbs
    Your weopons will not save you from this dreaded home invasion you all seem to be living in fear of.
    Google and enter the following keywords "home invasion armed citizen"

I rest my case ... fucking moron.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

here's a NY TIMES article on gun safty and children

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5BC0A9629C8B63

And here are just a couple of recent news items:

another murder suicide performed with the home firearm that was to protect the family from armed intruders.

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topic...hicago-suburb/

and your everyday teenager killed by your everyday drive-by shooting. (InHouston, you might like to fantasize about how if he had gun he would have seen the car coming and pulled it out to heroically save himself and stop the perps.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2...hooting_2.html

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

So you are saying that the Nazis seizing all the personal weapons in Germany was not part of their power grab?

You sir are the one with a tenuous grasp of how the world works. IRL only lead, and steel guarantee rights and freedom, not papers and courts.

Consider the fact that a court order is nothing without armed police to enforce it. Then consider what it would be like if the Govt. in its infinite wisdom took away both the first amendment rights after they took away the second amendment right. You say they would never... Well after the populace is disarmed and assuming a totally loyal police and military who would stop them? Who, how, with what would such a power grab be stopped here? By green tea drinking liberals, writing poems, and using their mighty pen's. Get real.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

It wasn't court orders that [helped] focus the attention of the nation on the KKK[?] It was shame that diminished their ranks and stopped their membership growth. Once the eye of the nation was on them, few wanted to have anything to do with KKK. The Civil Rights Movement was a triumph for unarmed, nonviolent metamorphosis of government.

If you haven't seen it recently, I urge readers to watch the film "Witness" with Harrison Ford. It illustrates the issues of non-violent witnessing and the use of firearms quite nicely.

Consider how an unarmed populace wrested India from Great Britain with non-violent protests and civil disobedience.

Brenda..you keep bringing up other factors that stand in the way of our nation's over throw, and yet you haven't retracted your claim that an armed citizenry is the ONLY thing that keeps the government stable. Don't you mean it's the ULTIMATE defense...the defense of LAST RESORT?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

[quote="BrendaQG"]
    IRL only lead, and steel guarantee rights and freedom, not papers and courts.

[quote]

The gift that keeps on giving.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Tomfurbs
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    The gift that keeps on giving.
    There is a certain "Lord of the Flies" feel to that logic, isn't there.

Alright Then.

Professional Poster

So you are saying that the Nazis seizing all the personal weapons in Germany was not part of their power grab?
    Wait...your contradicting yourself
    In the German case allot of the powers Hitler had when he first became Chancellor were already granted to that office through the actions of past chancellors or Wiemar Germany. His party did not have control of the Riechstag until after a fire destroyed their building.... which was blamed on the Communist party as a terrorist attack.... From there Hitler got the powers of the President as well as Chancellor and a open ended decaration of emergency powers.... That is what created the Third Riech. Not the army but the legislature voting it into existence!
    So which was it, a power grab or legislative vote? Which party was the largest minority in the Reichstag before the fire? Which party was the largest minority after the fire (as no one had a majority)? When did Hitler assume the powers of the President? When exactly were the guns taken from the population?

You sir are the one with a tenuous grasp of how the world works.
    That may be, but you won't find me spouting off on topics that I have only a cursory knowledge of. BTW, how many times did US Grant loses Presidential elections?
    http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...31764&start=30

Without "paper and courts", you have no freedoms or rights. You have only the survival of the best armed and strongest. That is anarchy, not democracy.

Consider the fact that a court order is nothing without armed police to enforce it. Then consider what it would be like if the Govt. in its infinite wisdom took away both the first amendment rights after they took away the second amendment right. You say they would never... Well after the populace is disarmed and assuming a totally loyal police and military who would stop them? Who, how, with what would such a power grab be stopped here? By green tea drinking liberals, writing poems, and using their mighty pen's. Get real.
    I would cite Trish' mention of India throwing off the yoke of the British, or the Russians, Latvians, Estonians, Germans, Slovaks, Czechs, Poles, Lithuanian or Ukrainians ending decades of Communist rule with hardly a shot fired.

Were the people of Eastern Europe armed to the teeth? No.
    Were the Indians? No.
    Were the French peasants armed in 1789? No, just starving.

Alright Then.

The reality is that "the gun issue" is only an issue to the gun nuts. Nobody else really cares.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    The reality is that "the gun issue" is only an issue to the gun nuts. Nobody else really cares.
    You will care when they deny you the freedoms you now enjoy because of gun rights. One of my friends is from Brazil. He loves the fact that when a criminal brandishes a gun he can do the same. First you must realize that in his country people do have guns, but only the police who are no where to be found or criminals. In this country he can protect his mate. And not to mention that the best populace for a dictatorship is an un-armed one. People like you are going to be the death of this country. I have a saying. I was born in the USA but will die in the USSA.

"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither' Benjamin franklin.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    You make it an issue when you refer to lawful gun owners as "gun nuts".