Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default El Gato Negro - Chicago

I checked this place out on Saturday night and it wasn't THAT bad, not as bad as some people on here make it out to sound. The bar itself is beat up to hell, thats no lie...but the people didn't seem THAT bad. Of course...a couple creepy looking guys, but overall not too bad. Weren't as many girls as I hoped, but there were a couple that were really hot!

I will def check this place out again! Any of you ever go there?

5 Star Poster

I used to go there every couple of Saturday nights back in 06-07. Last time I went there was, now that I think of it, about 4th or 5th of July last year. After being in NYC I had to soak up some Chicago, and quick.

I'll say this about the place, if you go expecting a bar in which trannyies hang out and nothing more you will not be disappointed.

Had I not had my hands full with Mimi I probably would have gone back there allot more over this last year.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    I used to go there every couple of Saturday nights back in 06-07. Last time I went there was, now that I think of it, about 4th or 5th of July last year. After being in NYC I had to soak up some Chicago, and quick.

I'll say this about the place, if you go expecting a bar in which trannyies hang out and nothing more you will not be disappointed.

Had I not had my hands full with Mimi I probably would have gone back there allot more over this last year.
    Although most girls there were clearly "working" while there...some were very talkative and cool to hang out with. I'm a social guy in my 20's...so maybe that helped.

Rookie Poster

Default El Gato

I've been there a few times and I've always enjoyed it. I wish I lived in Chicago. If I did I would probably stop by more often.

They have a website http://www.elgatonegrobar.com

There are some pics of the girls in the bar but I think most of the pics are pretty old.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: El Gato

Quote Originally Posted by peoriashyguy
    I've been there a few times and I've always enjoyed it. I wish I lived in Chicago. If I did I would probably stop by more often.

They have a website http://www.elgatonegrobar.com

There are some pics of the girls in the bar but I think most of the pics are pretty old.
    I definitely recognize some of the girls in those pics. A couple of them were there on Saturday. I think I'm going to start going more often...

Default that place sucks

its a dump, only the bottom of the barrel even goes there.
    Lua is a bitch, the drinks are way over priced, ffor watered down liquor. The music sucks, but they installed a better juke bokx. A disgrace for the caliber of ts in a city like Chicago. I have scored a better location and will be posting soon about a REAL spot with class, its about time Chicago stopped settling for a drug infested dump, where the owner treats her girls like shit, calls us men and takes our money.
    That bitch would never see a dime of my money. Wake up people! Being that I'm the kind of girl who won't settle for this type of bullshit, I personally found better!

Rookie Poster

Default Re: that place sucks

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    its a dump, only the bottom of the barrel even goes there.
    Lua is a bitch, the drinks are way over priced, ffor watered down liquor. The music sucks, but they installed a better juke bokx. A disgrace for the caliber of ts in a city like Chicago. I have scored a better location and will be posting soon about a REAL spot with class, its about time Chicago stopped settling for a drug infested dump, where the owner treats her girls like shit, calls us men and takes our money.
    That bitch would never see a dime of my money. Wake up people! Being that I'm the kind of girl who won't settle for this type of bullshit, I personally found better!
    I have no problem with the place itself being bashed. It is a dump and I don't know too much about the owner. I am surprised that your ripping on the girls that go there. I like the working girls I've met there. They were kind and I enjoyed their company for at least an hour. Now if I wasn't married and had more disposable income I would prefer to go somewhere else. I would probably spend more time with some of the classier ladies on Eros (such as yourself). But unfortunately the ladies on Eros are out of my price range. Its purely an economic choice. I've always found I get a better bang for my buck when I go to El Gato Negro.

Silver Poster

be there done that won the crown
    was still treated like shit !
    coke whores all over the place .
    fights
    overpriced water down drinks
    filthy bathrooms with actual SHIT on the toilet seat

SHIT ON THE SEAT !!!!!!! !

the only day they dress the bar up is for the pageant
    and then it goes straight to hell !!!!

Rookie Poster

I think I mentioned in another thread that I don't think this place is that awful. It's just that in a city this size we should have more choices.

I'm not saying they're haven't been a couple times I didn't feel real comfortable there, but I personally have never seen a fight or anything like that...Some nights they have some knockouts (looks-wise) there, but there have been a couple nights where you wouldn't hook-up an enemy with the girls (well maybe an enemy).

The one thing I have noticed is don't pay for anything with a $20 bill. Twice I've had it happen where I only got change back for a $10. The first time I let it slide because I wasn't sure. The second time I was keeping track and they gave me the correct change after I said something. Again it could be an accident, but happening twice makes me wonder.

All this being said - if there was some place nicer to go, I'd be there with bells on! In a city with this many clubs, bars, watering holes and taverns there has to be some place else to play. But I'm more interested in meeting t-girls, not hanging at a gay dance club (not that there's anything wrong with that) that has a couple t-girls in the club that night.

5 Star Poster

@Borhino & Vanessa.

I agree with some of what ya'll are saying. Cook County has 9 million people and is a large area. One would think that we would have 4-5 TS centered bars/clubs. The fact that there used to be at least that many say...10 years ago and now there aren't says something.