Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Kennedy Center announced last week that Carlin would receive the Mark Twain Award for Humor.

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine" - Jeff Spicoli

Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!

George Carlin

I'd say rest in peace, but he never rested in life, so if there is an afterlife, he is giving them hell there too, humorously and posthumously

FK

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but to my untrained eye, it would appear that some mysterious force is clearing out many of the voices that could make Americans engage in JUST enough of a critical thought process that the Republicans MIGHT just be prevented from stealing another election in November....

Unless of course they just said "Fuck it, we'll just set all the Diebold machines to 80% Republican, 10% Bob Barr and 10% Democrat."..and no one noticed....

George: Your willingness to say the things that needed to be said, and show that just because you grow older doesn't mean you have to go quietly into the night will be missed.

I was so looking forward to a Carlin HBO special right around the elections to shake shit up...I guess I'll have to hope that Chris Rock will pick up that baton given tonight's news.

Junior Poster

FUCK!!!! George was one of my favorite comedians of all time. His "Parental Advisory" CDs was IMHO his best. I'm am truly upset about this

Damn...

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Shit! My day (night) was going pretty well...until I got this news. So sad...rest in peace you funny mutha fucka (and I'm being sincere). George was my second-favorite comedian (after Richard Pryor); both kept it real and told it like it was.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Veteran Poster

Damn that sucks

Al: First thing they teach you when you're a rookie shoe salesman is when you get a fat one in the chair, never look up. I looked up, Peg! I saw underwear! It said "Saturday!"
    Peggy: So?
    Al: Today's Wednesday!

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Boooo - I'm gutted.

Veteran Poster

Nothing I can say would cover it... damn.... just damn...

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

R.I.P.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P