Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Yet there are open transsexuals in Iran?
    Where does their law stand on that.

Seems a little suspicious to me that this is making such national media only two weeks before Bush invades Iran.
    seanchai

Seanchai,

A good point about the presence of TS Ladies in Iran. Iran is dominated by the Shia form of Islam, which adheres to the Ja’fari jurisprudential school of Islam referenced in Ecstatic’s earlier post, and engages in a convoluted application of Sharia. So far as I understand it, TS ladies are not legally permitted to engage in relationships with men or dress as women until they have undergone SRS. Once this point is passed, they are permitted legal status as women and allowed to take part in all actions that this would merit. Engaging in sex with a man or dressing as a woman prior to this is illegal and can carry heavy punishments. Examine the following article by the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ht/4115535.stm

So far as Sharia in states outside of Iran is concerned (Saudi Arabia, etc.), Wahabism takes a far more brutal approach to Transexualism, regarding it as homosexuality period.

-Quinn

What Quinn said, but one clarification: homosexuality in itself is not punishable (by death or any other means) in Islam; it's acting on the homosexual impulse which is, by Islamic law, illegal and punishable. IOW, Islam recognizes that a man may be attracted to another man, or a woman to a woman, but so long as they do not engage in sexual activity, they are guilty of no transgression (the principle being that man cannot control his innate nature, but he can control the actions he takes based on that nature). So one could be a TS ... just not engage in sex with a man prior to SRS.

Moreover, at least in most legal interpretations, there must be at least four witnesses to a transgression to prosecute as I understand it (Quinn?).

Ecstatic,

Definitely and important clarification. It is the act of gay sex and not the sexual orientation itself that "merits" punishment. So far as the number of witnesses is concerned, I do believe that four is the standard for capital punishment to apply. However, as I am not familiar with all of the various legal permutations that exist within each school of Islamic law, I can not say for certain that this is universally applicable to each school in every circumstance.

-Quinn

what's most worrying is that this backwards country is trying to develop nuclear weapons!

Professional Poster

Well, seeing as how more people have died because of organized religion than in all the wars man had combined, I am not surprised.

Funny, everyone's going after Sadam's ass, yet these guys are pretty much untouched.

But di I feel sorry for the iran people....not really....if they wanted to change, they could have, by force if neccisary. But since they simply accept it, that's their fault.

Junior Poster

Default Ivy - Eros LA

Isn't Ivy (Sofia) (Eros LA) from Iran??

that is really terrible. jail yes, lashing yes, because fucking with children is wrong. 13 year old cannot be willing participants becasue they don't know better however hanging them for that is overkill in my opinion. that is really fierce. kinda makes u appreciate the justice system here. true our system is fucked up BUT not fucked up like Iran and other places.

~*.*~

p.s. tgirl in platform heels i like ya avatar. lolz. did it come from this.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moni006_149.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	26249