Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama our man

Ayn Rand the immaculate virgin
    OMG Trish! You invoked She Whose Name Must Not Be Spoken. There's no telling how much evil you've just unleashed. Now we'll have to dig her up, douse her with Holy Water, and burn the remains....yet again. And if we happen to catch a few of her followers lurking about....I'll spring for the extra gasoline.

Veteran Poster

If he where white the comments in his book or the ones his friends made would label him a racist and his political career would be over. I almost dread the comments that will follow. I will probably be labeled a racist by some and dismissed by others. But perhaps some will understand and chime in.

"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither' Benjamin franklin.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Which comments in his book, loki? Give quotes and page numbers. As for his associates, no one can be held responsible for what their associates say. If we held every republican responsible for what Jessie Helms thought and said, or Strom Thurman, then we'd be justified in calling them all racists. If we held McCain responsible for what Rev. Haggard believes, we'd be justified in thinking McCain was a racist and fundamentalist nutcase. As it is, we can nail McCain on other, more serious, issues with more substantial evidence.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

I like them both, but here's a funny pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	att00002_884.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	187130  

Home is where the Heart is....

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Lick UR Lovely
    ...here's a funny pic!
    I'm not so sure that it's funny, but what the tshirt says is certainly ridiculous!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe