Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Default Don't Buy the Govt.'s Anti-Pot Propaganda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

I say decriminalize it....so someone can grow it in their backyard.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Three Step Program:

1. legalize it.
    2. decriminalize it.
    3. smoke it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

:P

Professional Poster

i think they will decriminalize before legalization...that is too much of a bitter pill for the far righteous grand ol pederasts to swallow...they dont want it legal because if you can grow a weed and pick your high yourself which big ciggie or big booze monopoly would be gettin your money?????

I see society as increasingly using marijuana use to discriminate against people. It seems like most employers are requiring people to pass a drug screen, which includes pot. I could see it being required for an airline pilot or but driver, but for someone to work at a Salvation Army second hand store?

At the same time a person can be on any number of prescribed medications and be ok as long as they can perform the job. I have stated this before, but I know someone well, who is on maybe 10 different medications. Then over a period of time they have substituted different meds. You can’t tell me that they know all the different possible interactions. And at the same time society is allowing drug companies to develop drugs for people to stay on the rest of their lives. And the 'real' these prescriptions are very expensive, sometimes over $200 per month for just one.

Professional Poster

pot was made illegal as a response to mexican immigration into the american west during the 1920's and early 30's....oh yeah i forgot the big pharma monopolies also...america is all about monopoly and oligarchy...

Quote Originally Posted by qeuqheeg222
    i think they will decriminalize before legalization...that is too much of a bitter pill for the far righteous grand ol pederasts to swallow...they dont want it legal because if you can grow a weed and pick your high yourself which big ciggie or big booze monopoly would be gettin your money?????
    Yeah yeah yeah... ...for medicinal purposes & blah blah blah... I was working for NORML back in 1972 & that was their focus. It doesn't work. You have to go for it all. You need to just dump the whole crock of shit on the heads of the whiners that think they should be able to control everybody's life from cradle to grave. The government has no business regulating how people have fun! If you settle for anything less, the assholes win.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

But first they have to find a way to tax it.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    But first they have to find a way to tax it.
    Even if they never tax it, it'd still be a revenue enhancement because we wouldn't be eating up all our resources trying to end it's existence. There's no revenue coming from it now. All the money's going out & we're taxing other programs to do it. Foregoing a potential increase in revenue is still a sight better than wasting the revenue that's already there.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~