Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moon_movie_124.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	183312  

Junior Poster

Now wait one. Fucking. Minute.

I took collegiate-level astronomy classes in high school (which seems like a while ago now). Despite that it's a small planetarium, we have one of the largest collections of NASA memorabilia in the entire world. Y'all remember when they shot that first monkey into space for a test flight? We have the actual capsule the monkey rode in, as in it's not a replica. We have over a dozen artefacts in the collection that actually have been on the moon, in addition to nearly four dozen other space artefacts; this includes documents signed by presidents Kennedym Johnson, and Nixon relating to the space program. I've personally met and spoken with both American astronauts who've walked on the surface of the moon, as well as a Russian cosmonaut. You ask Art Klinger, who has been curator/operator of the planetarium since its inception, and he still remembers me. He wrote, by himself, the textbook that we used in class, and I can to this day reference it to discredit any hoax (astrology) or prove any factual occurrence (the moon landing). I've personally seen rocks and dust brought back from the moon, seen the capsules that have returned, met the people who have come back and seen how it affected them physiologically.

There's a legitimate debate on whether we should spend the money we do on the space program (on of the more significant reasons for our national debt of the last several decades), but there is no serious argument that can be made insinuating we never actually went. None.
    At all. End of story.

--
    you will learn to fear my collection of tiny hats.

Rookie Poster

Default .

I dont know if anyones mentioned this so feel free to bump this. But the mythbusters did a whole episode about this and you can watch it on surfthechannel.com.

Life itself is a hoax.

5 Star Poster

I've been keeping this a secret since I was a kid, but actually the photo in the OP was taken in my backyard by my Dad, who designed and built much of the instrumentation for the Apollo craft but never had time to water the grass...

We were all sworn to secrecy, failure to do so would result in the revocation of our company swimming pool rights - which in the summer would be intolerable. But after all this time I feel compelled to set the record straight before I'm disappeared by men from the black helicopters.

But I'll never divulge where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

TS Jamie

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Clind
    (insert eerily conspiratorial picture)

I do hope you realise that this picture and the hundreds like it were taken in the middle of a desert in Arizona. Where else are you going to conduct training exercises in a terrain similar to that of the lunar surface?

--
    you will learn to fear my collection of tiny hats.

fakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

VanessaButterflyGirl Rookie Poster

So nobody watches Mythbusters? They settled this pretty well a few months ago.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis1079
    Also, if we never landed on the moon, how do you explain the American flag which is visible through a high powered telescope?

Get real.

Erm...excuse me? And which of these amazing magical telescopes actually exists?

The largest Optical telescope in the world is only 10 meters in diameter, it would probably be just as expensive to build the required telescope as it would cost to go there and take a picture with a normal camera.

Hubble isn't able to picture it either.
    http://calgary.rasc.ca/moonscope.htm
    http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/frenchj...ndingsite.html

The landing area:

Quote Originally Posted by Belgie
    People who think we didn't go to the moon, are being DELIBERATELY ignorant.
    Strong disagree. Some might be, but I'd say judging by some of the responses on this board that the people blindly swearing it's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and anybody with any sort of alternative view must be some kind of crackpot suggests they are the ones being deliberately ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgie
    Every single tired-out clapped-out silly idea put forward by these nutballs, has been explained over and over again. These conspiracy nuts don't bother looking at the explanations. They just keep pointing to the same tired photos or some other cockamamie thing.
    Isn't categorising the theorists as nutballs akin to BNP categorising homosexuals as un-normal?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    oh lord and the many people that watched the rocket go straight out of orbit were all paid too, to lie lol. it went to the moon, they did many lifts after.
    There IS a difference between watching a rocket go out of orbit and said rocket actually landing on the moon you know. Sending more rockets up into space doesn't = moon landings genuine either.

I'm not trying to argue they were faked or were real, I just find that a lot of people who seem to so confidently believe it was real never have much of an argument as to why, and can't resist putting it down to "crackpot loonies" the second they read the words "conspiracy theory".

I never pinned Meghan as being that ignorant. I wonder if THAT photo was faked! Why not post the evidence as to why the holocaust didn't happen? Or would you rather tell me about how the aliens built the pyramids.
    This kind of response for example is incredibly ignorant. Why is everything getting lumped together? Just because a person might be taken by persuasive arguments against something like the moonlandings doesn't mean they also subscribe to redneck psychobabble about aliens and holocausts and grassy knolls. Not everybody subscribes to the National Enquirer you know.

So nobody watches Mythbusters? They settled this pretty well a few months ago.
    I personally can't bear to. Those hosts are hideous and mangae to make a fairly interesting sounding show a wretched pain to sit through.