Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R.Kelly Trial

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by meghanchavalier
    Just a couple of more things....would you let Michael Jackson or R Kelly babysit your kids? Would you let O J Simpson and Robert Blake come to your house? Lol
    The question is would you still buy R. Kelly's music, and apparently the answer is "hell yeah". I don't know why this man isn't destitute and begging on street corners, but people don't stand for shit these days!

On a very different note, I can't help but think about Chris Rock saying "At one point R. Kelly started eating the girls ass. He was eating her ass like he was a diabetic and her ass had insulin in it!!"

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

I've never bought an R Kelly record, that In The Closet stuff he did was really annoying. I'll stick to my Madonna, Alanis and Sarah Brightman.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by meghanchavalier
    I've never bought an R Kelly record, that In The Closet stuff he did was really annoying. I'll stick to my Madonna, Alanis and Sarah Brightman.
    Ha ha. Yeah that was irritating! Left up to me he'd be broke. He CANNOT sing. He has written maybe 2 decent songs, but to me he sucks!!
    (Madonna still rules, btw)

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Junior Poster

he is an incredible songwirter and probably the greatest r & b singer of this generation. a lot of my fond memories with the opposite sex was helped out with the help of his music.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by harlemzfinest
    he is an incredible songwirter and probably the greatest r & b singer of this generation. a lot of my fond memories with the opposite sex was helped out with the help of his music.
    'Fraid not! He's only considered that because of the this generation has killed r & b. It has no appreciation for art. If a song doesn't have some kind of hip hop connection it's doomed in todays r & b. The bar for this Generation is set so low. If you can actually PLAY an instrument, you guys are mesmerized because you're so used to seeing people just grab a mic and make some noise to a recording. That's considered great talent today. That's why someone like John Legend can come in and receive critical acclaim, when in actuality, he SUCKS!
    Who's the best female r & b singer, MJB? There used to be dozens of people who sang r & b, and the also rans were 100 times better than this generation! The "R" was writing and producing decent stuff, when he was oogling a 12 year old ALIYAH. His biggest accomplishment was I believe I can fly, which woulda been epic if he woulda let a singer sing it. He followed this with a project with Celine Dion, because he fooled himself into believing he was now an accomplished vocalist.( he was quickly brought back to reality and accepts his rightful place beside vocalists like Al B Sure). How can anyone who has made countless songs comparing women to cars be considered great?? Wonder if Berry Gordy would've hired him for Motown in its heyday. Here's a classic:" feeling on your booty. Your boo-hooty.booga booga booty.b-b-b-b booty" And people wonder what's wrong with the kids? Fuck, their parents are listening to this crap when they're conceived!
    There hasn't been an r & b singer since Luther.

Junior Poster

Hey you could be hatin on his music all you want but the proof is in the sales. hit after hit after hit!! bump n girnd, summer bunnies, your body's calling me, keep it on the down low, burn it up, the list goes on and on. This man makes hits. Not to mention all the hits he has also written for others also. Come on also, what's with the bashing of john legend? the man is very talented and I think he is the next generation's leader in r & b.

Junior Poster

I think comparing R to Al B. Sure is a far stretch. How many hits did Al had?? A far cry from the amount that R had.

Professional Poster

well lets see,he wouldn't have the money he has if it wasn't for the record sales.somebody other than hip-hop fans love his music,alot of somebodies.
    Lets face it.It was a weak case.Had the state had
    anything,it wouldn't took 6 yrs. to come to trial.
    Yes we all know he has a young girl fetish,but this
    case was down right weak. 12 people said he's not
    guilty,thats our system.

"She Shakin' It For,Daddy"

Junior Poster

Another rich guy gets over on the system.

"Do as you will, you only live once"

Professional Poster

Man, are you kidding? Read those titles out loud and tell me they're not laughable. The songs Kelly puts out seem like bits on SNL! You can't compare that to real R & B! Yeah he sells alot. So what? Plenty of people in music can sell and have little talent!
    Kelly is just like Jay-Z to me. Jay is old enough to be old school but in the old school he would've failed. If he has battle rap with LL, he gets slaughtered. A metaphor contest? Big Daddy Kane has him for lunch. But Jay's sells are huge BECAUSE THIS GENERATION VALUES VERY LITTLE ARTISTICALLY! I don't know if it's intelligence or what, but they seem unable or unwilling to discern artistic value.They worry about stuff like street cred and hardness. Nobody cares if Kelly says anything of substance, long as you can bob your head and roll a joint to it. Yeah that's off the chain, son.
    I know you can't compare Al's numbers with Kelly. I was saying they both have the same vocal skills. DAVE CHAPPELLE could sing R Kelly crap and be just as good. Go listen to 10 year old Michael Jackson and compare his vocal talent to grown R Kelly. There's no comparison! Kelly can't carry little Mike's shoes, much less his tunes! Al B Sure had the sense to admit he couldn't sing!
    Real R & B artists have at least a few songs that reach inside you and touch your soul.
    I'll let you slide on his writing for other folk, because some respectable artists really do think he's incredible with that. But just like Jay-Z, if you can write good stuff for other people, why do you save the immature GARBAGE for yourself?