Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

I'm in San Diego and usually its the Mission Valley location that has a bad reputation

You should write a review on www.yelp.com about the way you were treated at the Market St. Location and let people know that the service sucks there. I'm going to avoid it, I hate dealing with miserable employees.

A lot of people are starting to read these reviews.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/costco-whole...Q/query:costco

"Friends don't let friends drink and post"

Junior Poster

Speaking from the customer service side of things, when people are talking on their cell phones while waiting for service, I find it kind of rude. It's like "I'm really busy, just give me what I want."

There's usually an expectation of some minimal amount of personal interaction when you're serving someone. It makes things less... I dunno, servile and a little more human. Like I'm not some sort of drone, I'm a real person doing a real job.

Where I work, we really value nice, friendly, happy customers. They're a genuine treat. People who get angry, people who lose it - not so much a treat. Being calm and reasonable works a LOT better in "situations".

It's unfortunate you were treated poorly. However, I'd try and step outside the box and wonder why the person who treated you badly did so, just for the sake of curiousity. People generally don't just "go off". Something has to provoke them.

Default be calm

Try to stay calm when you are offended. Ask yourself, " what is to my greatest benift here?".

First, recognize the allure of instant gratification by exchanging barbs.

Secondly, Try to think quickly about all your options. Some of your most profitable options will depend on or be enhanced by holding your tounge.

I would have liked you to calmly asked the employee to elaborate on why he called you a gentleman. He may have dug himself deeper. At the very least, he would have acknowleged he did it by saying, "Oh sorry I thought ..."

At that point you would have a better case to ask about store policy and training.

If your goal is not to be letigious but simply be effective in correcting someone you could just say " That was not very nice.". I know it sounds understated but you will be supprised how well that can work.

Being understated it powerful because you use the principal of fear of the unknown. If you tell people what you are going to do they can calculate thier odds or downside risk. They may infact realize that cost of the sin is too low to give you what you want. Do not let people see all your cards.

In this case you were wrong to insult fat people. Besides, you had him dead to rights on being a mean jerk and a poorly trained employee.

However, as a shopper, don't be to hard on yourself for being on the phone or saying the wrong thing. Costco shares a responsibility to handle such shoppers. They knew before they opened the doors that they would need to handle various buyers without bashing gays or transgenders.

Legaly, I wish you had fished for more ammo to use against them besides one flippant comment from a low level employee.

Nadia Valentine site:

www.Shemale-Listing.com New and Improved in 2011

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: be calm

Quote Originally Posted by NadiaUSA
    Try to stay calm when you are offended. Ask yourself, " what is to my greatest benift here?".

First, recognize the allure of instant gratification by exchanging barbs.

Secondly, Try to think quickly about all your options. Some of your most profitable options will depend on or be enhanced by holding your tounge.

I would have liked you to calmly asked the employee to elaborate on why he called you a gentleman. He may have dug himself deeper. At the very least, he would have acknowleged he did it by saying, "Oh sorry I thought ..."

At that point you would have a better case to ask about store policy and training.

If your goal is not to be letigious but simply be effective in correcting someone you could just say " That was not very nice.". I know it sounds understated but you will be supprised how well that can work.

Being understated it powerful because you use the principal of fear of the unknown. If you tell people what you are going to do they can calculate thier odds or downside risk. They may infact realize that cost of the sin is too low to give you what you want. Do not let people see all your cards.

In this case you were wrong to insult fat people. Besides, you had him dead to rights on being a mean jerk and a poorly trained employee.

However, as a shopper, don't be to hard on yourself for being on the phone or saying the wrong thing. Costco shares a responsibility to handle such shoppers. They knew before they opened the doors that they would need to handle various buyers without bashing gays or transgenders.

Legaly, I wish you had fished for more ammo to use against them besides one flippant comment from a low level employee.
    I'm inclined to agree with the gist of what Nadia has said.

Though I can fully understand how our natural response is to want to
    respond to a 'dis with with a greater dis'. That since they have acted
    shady, we will attempt to outshade them.

By responding we acknowledge and leave no doubt as to our true gender
    identities, when in actualitity the person may not have been sure.

I also don't like to come off as a sterotypical loud Black woman or
    transwoman. Which is not to say that is how you came across.

For me, I don't like to get angry, cause when I do I can really lose
    control, and regret something I have said or done.

Rather than get angry, I get even.

I am going to have a well thought and articulated response to
    management and corporate.

I will 'read' them, but in a way that I never utter a profanity.

They may not ever grow to like me, but they will respect me and
    in many instances they may even fear me, as I have no problem being
    litigious and or bringing in the media.

So yeah, try not to peep your hole card, walk away, chill, come back
    with a thought out response. If you're going to get even with someone,
    it's better to wait until you're not angry, or "hot". That way, whatever you
    plan to do will be more calculated and likely to succeed.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The whole point here is that if she wasn't a tranny the employees, and more importantly, the manager would have never acted that way towards her and the employee would have been reprimanded at the least. The girl was a fat bitch that was jelious and had to say what she did to try and one up one on you and the way you responded I thought was great.

Because people like that think they have some god given right to have an issue and the only way they will learn anything at all is when we counter directly and let them see that we are human and pretty proud that we are not as stupid as they are. If you wouldn't of done anything and cowtowed under then in her mind she'd a thought, "yeah that ones ashamed" But you basically told her that she was a loser and even though corporate might not do much, on the 0ther hand they might and the store manager will also figure out that as a Costco manager, he is probably a loser too and not that damned important. lol

The situation is bigotry at its best so bravo to you for giving some resistance to their ignorance because if you didn't they'd think they could walk all over you!

Betwixt & Between Me

Junior Member Rookie Poster

I want to get my two cents in here. I've waited in those customer service lines for a half hour only to have some impatient rich housewife jump in front of me when the relief sales person showed up. She was a fuckin cunt. No big deal. I got my turn a coupla minutes later. The salespig you encountered is a fuckin cunt. No big deal. I read a post where someone recommended you physically attack her. What the fuck kinda stupid advice is that? Major jail time for that one einstein. There is a thread where Miriam was attacked and nearly killed, a fuckin shame. Hope the fucker that did that gets what he deserves. My point is that if you don't want to get beat on you can't go beatin on other people, right...
    I like costco cause they are so much better than the stupid fucks that work and shop at walmart. Write up your experience and send it to the guys in Seattle area Corp HQ. Give them a chance and they will make it right. Play it cool though it's the only way otherwise they will write you off as the psycho.
    BTW i'd love to bump into you while shopping on sunday, I think.

Rookie Poster

Sure that's the case, but the way she handled it isn't going to get anything done about it. Had she acted calmly with a bit more poise then say gabbing on her cell phone she would have been able to get the employee fired or had a legal case against costco which could have ended rather nicely. In such situation it's rather important to get the employees name, number, store number, and management action. Instead you threw any chance at that away for your pride in having an argument with some idiot. GG (I think you lost by the way). Getting the employee fired would have definitely hurt them a lot more, by the way. /facepalm,