Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Hillary Clinton: I Used to Love Her

Quote Originally Posted by tslvr View Post
    Hey, Buttslinger, you do realize the dems only want your vote and the union's money? They do not care about hard working people other than to stay in power. W
    sigh.....
    Yes, bad things do happen when Democrats are in Power, but the last two years the Republicans have owned the Senate, House AND Supreme Court.....and they blame everything on Obama!!!
    If you get your information from Conservative Media, you don't believe in Climate Change, or even Evolution.
    Without going into great depth, the Democrats are truly the party of the middle class, whereas the Republicans are in the pocket of the ONE PERCENT.
    Democratic taxes get me SECURITY, Police, roads, bridges, Education, WORLD POWER.
    Republican God, Guts, and guns get me absolutely nothing. They watch as Corporate greed fleeces me for my mortgage, gasoline, food, clothes, healthcare, etc etc etc.
    Name your poison. There will be stormy seas no matter who is steering the ship.
    The Working Stiff is going to carry everyone no matter who is in charge.
    Do you really want to send your paycheck to your Boss?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

After last night's news on Mrs Clinton's Vice-Presidential nominee, is this going to be called the Kaine and Able ticket?

Is the resignation of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and leaked emails implying the DNC conspired against Bernie Sanders going to damage the Democrats and mess up their convention in Philadelphia? The DNC is supposed to be even-handed in its treatment of candidates in elections, which is where the controversy lies. Or you could take the view that if the Democrats had as a basic rule the requirement that anyone seeking public office for the Party should have been a Party member for 10 years, this problem would not exist because Sanders would not have been eligible to waltz into the Democrat Party and insist he has the right to be their President. You have some pretty daft ways of running a political party, it is almost as bad as the Labour Party, and that must be a dubious accolade!

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    haven't heard this old favorite used yet.
    Attachment 935852
    Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Anyway... You need to get some waffles before the Flems shut down the Chunnel & won't let you into Belgium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I don't agree Belgium will refuse me entry in the unlikely even of my wanting to visit -how will I afford the trip?- ; and anyway and hard though it might be to believe, I have never eaten a waffle. And last but not least, be wary of referring to Belgians as 'Flems' as half of them are Walloons...
    Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Okay, I stand corrected. Flems & Loons from now on. Wouldn't wanna leave anybody out of the insult pot.
    Waffles are just pancakes, but the waffle iron cooks them evenly throughout. Should be able to get
    Yes by all means, insult your oldest, albeit smallest, ally on the continent, after all, who needs friends and allies...

Waffles 101 : It's the dough, mainly, that is the difference. The big crunchy waffles are the same dough as pancakes, but yeast added and let to foment for some hours in a cold basement, out of light.

Furthermore, you are all welcome to come live here, just make sure to leave the populism where it is, we can do without thank you. Just be prepared to learn French and Dutch in a very short period to fit in properly

Also, the Chunnel ends in France, no jurisdiction for the Belgians to shut it down, I know some would like to though.

And on the topic of the thread :

No person with minimal education can think the US will get anywhere with Trump. Having lived in the states however, he could well win, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hillary? Then all their allies are well fucked just the same. She left the Obama administration to go and lobby pro fracking, and behalf of companies like Halliburton!!!!!! She is the motor behind TTIP, a "free" trade deal if which no one is allowed to know the actual text!!!

Either way, just like with the Brexit vote, it is a lose lose from the onset. For real people that is.

Just one snippet:
    Trump has never read a book on a U S President.
    His desk is covered with magazines with himself on the cover. I'm not making this up.
    So what gives, America?
    Trump was nominated for the Republican ticket because 13 million racists sprinted to the polls to vote for him.
    The EXPERIMENT that is the United States of America is a generational trial and error Junior High School Chemistry Lab Experiment. With a classroom of pathetic students.
    The TEACHER looking over the class is the one person who can determine whether or not the kids blow up the chem lab.
    Hillary is a cold fish in a pants suit.
    But she will be Caesar.
    So go out and make money and have the best life you can create.
    Don't get your satisfaction from Solomon.
    He'll tear your Baby in half.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Junior Poster

Oh, don't you think this Melania is scary as hell? Me thinks she's a Skynet Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by chupapau View Post
    Oh, don't you think this Melania is scary as hell? .......
    Hey Man, this entire election is like a Twilight Zone episode.

World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Is the resignation of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and leaked emails implying the DNC conspired against Bernie Sanders going to damage the Democrats and mess up their convention in Philadelphia? The DNC is supposed to be even-handed in its treatment of candidates in elections, which is where the controversy lies. Or you could take the view that if the Democrats had as a basic rule the requirement that anyone seeking public office for the Party should have been a Party member for 10 years, this problem would not exist because Sanders would not have been eligible to waltz into the Democrat Party and insist he has the right to be their President. You have some pretty daft ways of running a political party, it is almost as bad as the Labour Party, and that must be a dubious accolade!
    Bernie supporters (at least the vocal ones) did expect the DNC to be even-handed. I think the reason for this expectation is that these supporters are as new to the party as is Bernie himself. However, it is only natural that party leaders, who have worked and helped to shaped the party for decades, have an interest in protecting the progress that they have made. It’s the basic reason why the DNC has committed delegates and super-delegates in the first place; otherwise it could wind up with its own version of Trump running for president.

From what I’ve seen of the emails, there isn’t much to get upset about. There’s one suggesting the DNC hire a Kentucky journalist to report that Bernie is an atheist or that he is Jew. It went on to ask which would be more upsetting to Kentuckians. It of course plays into stereotypes of Kentuckians, Jews and atheists - which is upsetting, except to those who are against political correctness. It’s also true that Bernie was raised Jewish but is probably an atheist and that neither is looked upon very favorably by a lot of Kentuckians. But, the thing is this: no action was taken. No Journalist was contacted and not such article written. I far as I can tell, there’s a slew of emails going back and forth between DNC members which make it clear that most of the party officials were favoring Hillary (surprise surprise!); but there were none that directed any official or unofficial action.

Will Bernie supporters not vote Democratic in November because of this fiasco. Surely some won’t. How many remains to be seen. A lot may depend on what happens today.

It’s interesting that Putin is responsible for this particular hack. Trump has been saying he wants a diminished involvement of the US in NATO and that he (Trump) would not come to Latvia, Lithuania nor Estonia’s aid should Putin move in an take them (something about them not pulling their own weight)! It’s no wonder Putin would love to endorse Trump. Of course he can’t; but releasing hacked DNC emails is the next best thing.

Another interesting point is that Russia has been hacking State Department emails for over decade. As far as we can tell, he was unable to hack Hillary private servers.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

If Sanders supporters are stupid enough not to vote for Clinton in November, then they only have themselves to blame when Trump gets sworn in as President in January.

Last edited by blackchubby38; 07-26-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    If Sanders supporters are stupid enough not to vote for Clinton in November, then they only have themselves to blame when Trump gets sworn in as President in January.
    I think the greater fear is that Sanders' supporters might not vote at all. It is that mix of don't knows and abstentions that the polls cannot accurately predict, but if a week is a long time in politics, there is a virtual eternity to get through before November and we live in interesting if unpredictable times.