Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Hillary Clinton: I Used to Love Her

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Another interesting point is that Russia has been hacking State Department emails for over decade. As far as we can tell, he was unable to hack Hillary private servers.
    It occurred to me today reading some comments in the press by people making a connection between hacking and the Russians potentially accessing classified information on Mrs Clinton's email server, that throughout the Cold War the Kremlin had 'eyes and ears' in the White House, Congress and the Military, and the US had its 'eyes and ears' in the Kremlin and the Soviety military, and I don't expect much has changed as far as spying is concerned. As for Kentucky, I am afraid all I know about it is that they have a famous horse race, and Jennifer Lawrence was born there, so it must be a purty fine stayte. Also rather liked what I saw of Wasserman-Schultz, so I am sorry to see her go. I don't think this story will 'run and run', something else will intervene.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Michelle blew the roof off the place. Ripped Trumps asshole apart on birther thing and reminded everyone that he gets no mulligan for that sorry episode.
    Why didn't Cameron ask her to come to London for Remain rally instead of POTUS?
    might've turned out different

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    Michelle blew the roof off the place. Ripped Trumps asshole apart on birther thing and reminded everyone that he gets no mulligan for that sorry episode.
    might've turned out different
    Michell Obama delivered a powerful but clever motivational speech which did two critical things: 1) it focused on a positive message laced with hope and ambition; and 2) never mentioned Trump by name. It was not a policy-focused speech which can be left to others, but it set the all important tone to contrast with the relentless whining and aggressive negativity of both Trump's acceptance speech and those of the other speakers. And it was just the right length so nobody got bored or fell asleep.

-In a word, Vanity (the concept not the star).

he gets no mulligan for that sorry episode.
    -I had to google Mulligan as I had not come across that expression before, astute in its context!

Senior Member Silver Poster

While real facts, figures, and stats are crucial in the governing process, they will never be seen by the general public.
    Right now, we are in the WWF stage of Governing, and the Circus with the most attendees wins.
    Just like Thomas Jefferson planned it.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Silver Poster

I've got to repeat myself-
    If Trump wins the White House, he will undoubtedly also be given the Senate, the House, the Supreme Court, the U S Military, and the keys to Ft Knox..............
    I' m going to sail past Politics and Governing and Pray directly to God that I never see that day.
    So DON'T be it!

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Junior Poster hamdasl's Avatar

The candidate choice is pretty dismal this election cycle. I just keep thinking about Ralph Nader. Looks like history just might repeat itself.
    Sometimes there are only bad choices to make.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Hillary is an excellent choice. She's taken a lot of shit over the last forty years. Mostly because, since Gingrich, the only game plan Republicans seem to know is smear your opponent and then do it again and again. It's called distraction. Don't fall for it. Because of her work as First Lady on single payer health care the GOP invented everything from Whitewater to the murder of Vince Foster. To date she's been accused of 22 murders. I'm sorry but that's just loony. She was a Senator for New York who was primarily responsible for getting healthcare coverage to first responders and then to military families. Under her directorship of the State Department we brokered the deal with Iran that required them to give up their refined uranium stockpiles and blocked them from developing nuclear weapons for at least ten years. Under her directorship we finally took down Bin Laden. This is not to say she is responsible for those and other accomplishments, but only that she was a principle participant in the decision-making behind them. For me, this is not a difficult choice at all. One candidate is highly accomplished and highly qualified. The other candidate is a vain attention whore and a pampered clown. I'm too young to remember, but my mother loved Hillary ever since she proposed the Children's Health Insurance Program and got it passed. She never stopped loving Hillary. I'm with Mom.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Trump has no shot. I find it ironic that news sites push poll numbers when poll numbers are meaningless. Nationwide polls do not elect the President; the electoral college does.

Remember Bush vs. Gore?

Anyway, Hillary has roughly 322 electoral votes if the election was held today.

It is funny how much money will be wasted between now and election day. None of the money will shift poll numbers in battleground states. People have already made up their minds and in this day and age where everyone stands around shouting their viewpoints on the Internet nobodies mind will change.

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

Quote Originally Posted by zerrrr View Post
    Trump has no shot. I find it ironic that news sites push poll numbers when poll numbers are meaningless. Nationwide polls do not elect the President; the electoral college does.
    Remember Bush vs. Gore?
    Anyway, Hillary has roughly 322 electoral votes if the election was held today.
    It is funny how much money will be wasted between now and election day. None of the money will shift poll numbers in battleground states. People have already made up their minds and in this day and age where everyone stands around shouting their viewpoints on the Internet nobodies mind will change.
    Setting aside the cost of US elections, if I were to fine tune your post, it would be to argue that campaigning remains important for two reasons: a) to get people to leave home and actually vote; and b) campaigning is important at the level of local politics where Congress remains crucial to the conduct of government and the ability -or not- of a President to get his or her bills turned into law.

In fact, getting people to register and then vote is as important in the US as it is in the UK and any liberal democracy.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hillary is an excellent choice. She's taken a lot of shit over the last forty years. Mostly because, since Gingrich, the only game plan Republicans seem to know is smear your opponent and then do it again and again. It's called distraction. Don't fall for it. Because of her work as First Lady on single payer health care the GOP invented everything from Whitewater to the murder of Vince Foster. To date she's been accused of 22 murders. I'm sorry but that's just loony. She was a Senator for New York who was primarily responsible for getting healthcare coverage to first responders and then to military families. Under her directorship of the State Department we brokered the deal with Iran that required them to give up their refined uranium stockpiles and blocked them from developing nuclear weapons for at least ten years. Under her directorship we finally took down Bin Laden. This is not to say she is responsible for those and other accomplishments, but only that she was a principle participant in the decision-making behind them. For me, this is not a difficult choice at all. One candidate is highly accomplished and highly qualified. The other candidate is a vain attention whore and a pampered clown. I'm too young to remember, but my mother loved Hillary ever since she proposed the Children's Health Insurance Program and got it passed. She never stopped loving Hillary. I'm with Mom.
    so who did you vote for during the 2008 primary?