Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain
    El Nino, I agree that we shouldn't have to vote for the lesser of teo evils, but when have we ever done anything else in a presidential election?

McCain will be no different than Bush. He may have a better command of the english language, but we've seen that he puts his foot in his mouth just as often.

We can at least be sure that Obama will not engage in the brutal acts of hubris that Bush/Cheney have reveled in these past eight years - lieing about wmds and nuclear weps to start a war, bankrupting our country, tossing habeua corpus and posse comitatus out the window, no bid contracts for Haliburton, KBR and Blackwater, appointing industry hacks to run every watchdog agency of the US govt, censoring reports prepared by scientists of those agencies, outing a goddamn CIA agent for political reasons, firing Federal attorneys because the won't trump up charges to prosecute the opposition party, etc, etc

You can either hold your nose and vote for Obama or sit home all high and mighty, believing you're above the fray. One choice has a positive impact, the other does NOTHING.
    Well said. Each of your illustrations are crimes that neither Bush or Cheney will ever be accountable for. I would take it a step further and say that beyond doing NOTHING this administration and the party doctrine it pushes does heavy permanent damage particularly regarding foreign policy, both political and economic. The rest of the world hates us now and will cheer as America struggles.

Don't forget the bullshit Patriot Act, which is a sound-good name for freedom to spy, prosecute anyone and loss of inddivual rights.

Thanks, Melissa and Good Morning. Ya know, I have this tiny, tiny sliver of hope that if Obama gets in and appoints John Edwards AG, we may yet see Dubya and his gang of thugs face charges. Unlikely, I admit, but it's nice to dream, hehe.

Obama's backers are people like you and me. McCain's are not.

While it is true Obama had 1.5 million individual donors, lets not brainwash ourselves into thinking those 10 dollar checks financed his effort. Notice all of the large banks there. Coincidence or an effort to make sure that should he get the win in November the expected new round of bailouts will continue with the YOU and ME people mentioned above left to carry the bill?

Goldman Sachs $571,330
    University of California $437,236
    UBS AG $364,806
    JPMorgan Chase & Co $362,207
    Citigroup Inc $358,054
    National Amusements Inc $320,750
    Lehman Brothers $318,647
    Google Inc $309,514
    Harvard University $309,025
    Sidley Austin LLP $294,245
    Skadden, Arps et al $270,013
    Time Warner $262,677
    Morgan Stanley $259,876
    Jones Day $250,725
    Exelon Corp $236,211
    University of Chicago $218,857
    Wilmerhale LLP $218,680
    Latham & Watkins $218,615
    Microsoft Corp $209,242
    Stanford University $195,262

DOESNT LOOK LIKE A YOU AND ME ROLL CALL THERE.

That being said he ran a good campaign and the party should support him along with Clinton's base or the Dems will have squandered what was an un loseable election.

Note: All postings are complete works of fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Today, I'm one happy backer...me and a million and a half other hopeful, everyday individuals. Congrats Barrack.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by melissacarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain
    El Nino, I agree that we shouldn't have to vote for the lesser of teo evils, but when have we ever done anything else in a presidential election?

McCain will be no different than Bush. He may have a better command of the english language, but we've seen that he puts his foot in his mouth just as often.

We can at least be sure that Obama will not engage in the brutal acts of hubris that Bush/Cheney have reveled in these past eight years - lieing about wmds and nuclear weps to start a war, bankrupting our country, tossing habeua corpus and posse comitatus out the window, no bid contracts for Haliburton, KBR and Blackwater, appointing industry hacks to run every watchdog agency of the US govt, censoring reports prepared by scientists of those agencies, outing a goddamn CIA agent for political reasons, firing Federal attorneys because the won't trump up charges to prosecute the opposition party, etc, etc

You can either hold your nose and vote for Obama or sit home all high and mighty, believing you're above the fray. One choice has a positive impact, the other does NOTHING.
    Well said. Each of your illustrations are crimes that neither Bush or Cheney will ever be accountable for. I would take it a step further and say that beyond doing NOTHING this administration and the party doctrine it pushes does heavy permanent damage particularly regarding foreign policy, both political and economic. The rest of the world hates us now and will cheer as America struggles.

Don't forget the bullshit Patriot Act, which is a sound-good name for freedom to spy, prosecute anyone and loss of inddivual rights.
    Let's not forget warrantless wiretappings and their plan to give immunity to the telco that cooperated.

If nothing illegal was done, then we do they need immunity?

Quote Originally Posted by melissacarter
    the Democratic party is just as fucked up and dirty as the Republican party, let's not get misty here...
    I couldn't agree more, but, that being said, I am willing to give Obama a chance. He may be a disaster; conversely, he may turn out to be another JFK. Voting for him entails the acceptance of certain unknowns. That being said, voting for the other two entails the acceptance of many knowns that are entirely unpalatable in nature (or have become so recently), at least for me.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by andyuk
    as a brit,got to say he comes across well
    You mean with his ability to actually speak the English language and his grasp of geography? Unlike this guy..... http://youtube.com/watch?v=H6xsd3qo99M

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    I'm talking about his main political advisers and consultants. As well as media propagators and and appointees. Its all out there. There is a bigger picture Felicia.
    Yeah he's right. Let's vote for Ron Paul and ensure we have no say in this political process that will have a profound effect on the course our country takes over the course of the next four years.

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

As a black man last night was an extremely moving and emotional event. I couldn't hold back the tears.

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

As a black man last night was an extremely moving and emotional event. I couldn't hold back the tears.
    I supported Obama wholeheartedly, but I didn't think I'd get all choked up...yet I did. Thanks for sharing dafame.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.