Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Someone on this forum (I want to say DJ Asia but I'm not entirely sure) mentioned that the weird names for oriental girls are actually just nicknames. He said in some instances two friends could have known eachother for many years and not know each other's real first name. Cultural thing, I assume.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    Someone on this forum (I want to say DJ Asia but I'm not entirely sure) mentioned that the weird names for oriental girls are actually just nicknames. He said in some instances two friends could have known eachother for many years and not know each other's real first name. Cultural thing, I assume.
    Have a coconut. There is a widespread belief amongst Thais that an enemy can put the Evil Eye (more or less) on you if he knows your real name. So a lot of them use nicknames as protection.

Your original informant likely was DJ, he lives there. I just have an amazing stock of useless information that comes in handy at times like this.

Junior Poster

I don't typically respond to these posts, but I have to agree that girl is frigging adorable.

"Some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers....."

Junior Poster

Guitar is a silly name but it does open the door for us guys to say stuff like, "I wouldn't mind playing with that Guitar!"

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BigTSHunter
    Guitar is a silly name but it does open the door for us guys to say stuff like, "I wouldn't mind playing with that Guitar!"
    Exactly. I love her too. She's my fave of the girls I've met there. I wanted to put her in my luggage and bring her back with me.