Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Paging all americans

Seriously, who cannot simply read and write basic things in Spanish. Pretty much everyone has taken Spanish in school, yet I feel like no one can use it when they need to. I read and post in a few forums - some of them are in Spanish and they're always shocked that an American can write decent Castillano o Espanol.

Why can't all you guys do it?

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Paging all americans

Quote Originally Posted by tslvrnyc
    Seriously, who cannot simply read and write basic things in Spanish. Pretty much everyone has taken Spanish in school, yet I feel like no one can use it when they need to. I read and post in a few forums - some of them are in Spanish and they're always shocked that an American can write decent Castillano o Espanol.

Because not all of us want to.

I took Spanish my sophomore year of HS and I hated it. Just never wanted to learn Spanish, I would have preferred to learn Italian but it was German French or Spanish ATM.

Junior Poster

Spanish is easy. I find French to be more of a challenge.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by eze

Because not all of us want to.

I took Spanish my sophomore year of HS and I hated it. Just never wanted to learn Spanish, I would have preferred to learn Italian but it was German French or Spanish ATM.
    I took Italian in college to avoid having to take advanced Spanish. Seriously, if you can't pick up on the congnates between all the Romance languages you're an idiot and you probably have a very limited English vocabulary.

What state allows one to only take one year of a foreign language? NYS requires at least two, if you want a Regents diploma it's more.

Junior Poster

if i lived in a country where spanish was the predominant language, then i would learn...

i have no reason to learn it currently

Nothing to see here folks.

Platinum Poster

learn chinese!

we'll all need to veeeerry soon.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tubgirl
    if i lived in a country where spanish was the predominant language, then i would learn...

i have no reason to learn it currently
    Where do you live, Guam?

Seriously, wtf?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    learn chinese!

I got some Chinese friends so I'm learning a little. I would like to learn more. I know some Tagalog and picking up some Japanese as well, little by little.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico
    learn chinese!

I got some Chinese friends so I'm learning a little. I would like to learn more. I know some Tagalog and picking up some Japanese as well, little by little.
    i dont think ive ever had an Asain friend

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico
    learn chinese!

i dont think ive ever had an Asain friend
    Pobrecita ... get away from the Ricans once in awhile, lol.