Rookie Poster

Default transgender doc starting them very very young...

why don´t u copy/paste the story?

me as well the other 90% of the members of the board are too lazy to click the link and read

(geez, this reply took me longer than click the link)

Professional Poster

seven yr old trannys running around thats just what we need

NOT!

Junior Poster

Boston Children’s Hospital Opens “Transgender” Children’s Clinic
    Will reportedly offer the treatments to children as young as seven years old

By Gudrun Schultz

BOSTON, Massachusetts, May 19, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A new clinic at Children’s Hospital Boston is offering hormone treatment to young children identified as “transgender” to facilitate eventual surgery for a gender switch, according to a report by MassResistance May 17.

Led by endocrinologist Dr. Norman Spack, the Gender Management Service Clinic is the first U.S. clinic to initiate medical intervention for healthy children on the basis of a “transgender” identification. A 12-year-old German boy who began receiving puberty-blocking hormone treatments last winter in preparation for sex-change “transition” surgery was believed to be the youngest child to receive the treatment at the time.

The Boston clinic will reportedly offer the treatments to children as young as seven years old, according to researcher Ari Taube for MassResistance.

Hormone treatment of pre-pubescent children is intended to prevent normal development of gender characterization in order to ease eventual surgical procedures to complete a change of gender, which can take place once the child is about 16.

On a MassResistance radio report, Taube emphasized that transgender procedures can only achieve the outward appearance of the opposite gender.

“It’s important to point out that simply because one undergoes mutilating surgery and decides to administer to themselves the hormone of the opposite gender, doesn’t actually make you that gender. It is surgery but it doesn’t actually turn a girl into a boy. The chromosomal differences remain.”

Dr. Spack has acknowledged in the past that only about 20 percent of children who express gender confusion continue to express that confusion throughout adulthood, Taube pointed out.

“You’re giving authority to a seven, eight or nine year old to determine what gender they want to display.”

The treatments are an experimental procedure using hormones that can cause an alarming list of adverse effects, including spasms and bloody mucus from the nose, Taube stated. Estrogen treatments increase the risk for later development of breast cancer, and taking hormones of the opposite sex render transgender teens infertile. As well as suppressing normal sexual development, the hormones act to retard male growth process to ensure a more “female” body type.

“It’s ghastly, it’s really scary,” Taube said.

Dr. Spack’s interest in transgender issues has included association with bondage and sadomasochistic groups—he presented a workshop at the Transcending Boundaries conference in Worcester last November, organized by PFLAG and co-sponsored by the New England Leather Alliance.

See the MassResistance Radio report:
    http://www.massresistance.org/media/..._doc_051007.m3...

Read Children’s Hospital Boston statement on Gender Management Clinic:
    http://www.childrenshospital.org/vie.../new_clinic_ad...

To contact Children’s Hospital Boston:
    300 Longwood Avenue
    Boston, MA 02115 USA

Junior Poster

Man, theres so much moral stuff that goes into this kinda stuff, I dont kno what to think about it.

5 Star Poster

This discussion has been going on for years. If you separate out the religious zealots - which include many doctors - it boils down to every case and person is unique.

What may be the right course of action for one 12 year old may not be for another. Who is the defining expert? The child? The parents? The doctors? Society?

I'll tell you a story about an episode of Maury I watched many years ago, that broke my heart and still does today.

A young trans kid, aged 12, a boy wanting to be a girl. A boy who (according to the show) insisted to everyone that he was a girl from an early age. A boy who wanted to wear dresses to school. A boy who played with girls, as a girl.

A young, flat chested, long haired, pretty trans girl about to blossom into a teenager, wearing a pretty red dress was "transformed" back into the "boy" she was supposed to be - to the glowing praise of her Mother and morons like Maury and the audience.

She went backstage in her beautiful dress and returned in a plaid shirt, slacks and a short boy haircut.

I cried for her. I cried for me.

And ever since I've wondered what became of that beautiful person who was so badly abused by Maury and her Mother and all the non-supportive people in her life.

And I think back to when I was 12, and 13 and having sex as a girl, wanting to BE a girl - and I couldn't, I didn't dare. Because it just wasn't accepted.

And it was another 30 years before I could.

My life would have been so much happier.

TS Jamie

When children are born of "mixed" genitalia, they have typically been "assigned" to being female and given surgery to make them "that way". For many, they feel strange being "female" and get really uncomfortable in their bodies, but they don't know why. Often, after reaching adulthood, they find out what occurred in their infancy and almost immediately recognize that they have felt "male" but forced to be female.

If it were reversed, and the vast majority of such infants were assigned to be "male", I'm sure the opposite would be going on in as many cases.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Rookie Poster

Colorado School supports 8-year-old transgender student.

I think maybe this been posted here already, I don't know.

http://www.oasisjournals.com/2008/02...gender-student