Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have been fortunate that the post-op women I have known (Such as Peggy and Danielle) and those that I have met in person, have been comfortable/happy in themselves after their transition. I shudder to think how I might relate to someone who has had (As stated up thread) 'buyer's remorse' as I can barely imagine the kind of torture that might be.

On a side note, am I the only one that is disturbed by this ad-blurb on the related vids:

Male To Female Surgery
    Find great deals and save! Compare products, prices & stores
    www. Shopping .com

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Veteran Poster

Here's an article with a little more insight about Finch.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...194756832.html

"He got married illegally and was later in another relationship that fell apart when his male partner discovered Helen was born a boy.

Then he had a relationship with a woman, who encouraged him to become a man again."

It seems more like he's suffering from a case of no identity disorder

Professional Poster

One thing I can't stand about these reports is the fact that 99% of people who get it do not regret it in such a way.

Literally thousands upon thousands are done each year, and while the SOC (Standards of Care) exist, you're going to get an incredibly small minority of people with other issues confused for GID, which is what this guy experienced. Actually, it seems like he didn't have the SOC applied to his case, so that might be what's really at fault here.

I still think, compared to most other medical treatments out there for any sort of issue, SRS is incredibly successful.

I mean, what's next?

Stopping all heart surgeries because some people do not improve from it?

Stopping all breast lifts because Donda West died of it?

How irrational can people be?

P.S. I was sympathetic to him until he branded all tgirls as "mutilated men" in the end. I mean, how hypocritical and arrogant can he get, presuming he knows what goes on in every one of your minds?

Rookie Poster

I usually don't have much to say on things, but this is serious stuff here.

Before even thinking of SRS, you have to be completely honest with yourself. Assuming you are of sound mind obviously, getting the OK from the shrink is the last thing that you should be worried about. You should think back to your childhood and how things were. I bet you every single, successfull transition, stemmed from the desire as a child. I know this was the case for me. Visiting the psycho was just a formality with me. I knew exactly what I was doing.

To this day I have honestly never even questioned MY choice to have SRS. I love my life.

The Finch guy has obviously serious mental issues that were missed. Perhaps this is his angle of contest - ALL HYPED UP FOR THE MEDIA OF COURSE.

Suffering from GID is not like trying on a pair of socks to see which ones fit. It's a very real and actual truama that exists from the first memories.

Finch. Fuck off. Go get some therapy and stop trying to outlaw the help available for the thousands of genuine GID sufferers.

On the other hand, the bloke is a headcase and so has no realization of what's going on. He should be pittyed if insane, or strung up if all the marbles are up top.

oranges are not the only fruit
    I want to shag the FOMz.

Rookie Poster

OOPS !

Sorry. Double finger trouble post.

oranges are not the only fruit
    I want to shag the FOMz.

Rookie Poster

I'm not sure how seriously to take his story. If he was mishandled by his doctors back then, then that's terrible. However his version of events now doesn't quite gel with what (s)he told the Australian 'Woman's Day' magazine back in 1989...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	womans_day_1989_12_27_906.jpg 
Views:	10132 
Size:	554.1 KB 
ID:	178898  

5 Star Poster

Very moving story. I wish Helen the best. And this is precisely why the guy in Australia should not prevail.
    Each person is unique and has a unique situation.

I'm curious of our friends in the UK as to if the comment that she would go to a male prison in the UK
    if she was ever arrested because her birth certificate says she is male,
    regardless of her genitals.

Here in CA I am considering financing a challenge to current law based upon the fact
    that a transsexual should be housed according to their legal or perceived gender, not
    what's between their legs.

Meaning, I have a penis, but the court says I am female. I am LEGALLY female. But yet
    in CA if I was ever arrested, even though my birth certificate (will say) female, I would
    also be housed in a male prison. How can either position be reconciled.

The war still has a long way to go.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    Very moving story. I wish Helen the best. And this is precisely why the guy in Australia should not prevail.
    @justatransgirl: in case it wasn't obvious, this is the same person.

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Alan/Helen is a total idiot and a media whore.

Rookie Poster

He said that at the end of the day, the decision rests with the man holding the scalpel.

I suppose he's technically right, but it was his (not the surgeon's) decision, and surgeons generally aren't qualified to make the call. All a surgeon has to go on is the recommendation of the psychologist, maybe a brief meeting with the patient, and the patient's decision.