Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned Vanilla Ice in their top 5:

-Quinn
    I thought that it was common knowledge that Vanilla Ice invented the rap genre, only to have his groundbreaking music ripped off by a bunch of black thugs.

Right?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by timxxx
    Best rappers(my favorite anyway) in no particluar order.

Tupac
    Notorious BIG
    Jay-z
    KRS One
    NaS
    Big L
    Ghostface Killah
    Common
    Mos Def
    __________________________________________________ ____________

You got 9 here.....who's your 10th?

And in my opinion, Common is very good, but he has a couple flaws. 1, I don't have a problem with love songs, if he's feelin he wants to put 1 in here and there, cool. But he's got about 3 or 4 in his last album, and it does make him a little soft, imo.

Secondly, his last album, which I did just pick up last Thursday, it wasn't super good.....it was ok.

I'd probably put him in the top 25 just because his spit is good, but he seems to fall short on the top 10.
    Im not the biggest Common fan in the world but i think he got the best of cube with "the bitch in you."

Furthermore, When you say Ice Cube is top 5 do you mean Whos had the biggest career? Or who can rap better, spit the sickest lyrics.

There is no doubt that ice cube is a legend and has achieved more than most, but making movies and selling records doesnt make you the best. Lyrically, Ice Cube cannot fuck with Eminem, Nas, the GZA, Canibus, BIG, Pun, Common, Kurupt, Pac, Cormega, ect. And that is the truth.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

EyeCumInPiece more or less sums up what l feel about Ice Cube,in career terms no one can fault him,he has craved out a good career for himself.
    But as a straight up rapper,he is no were near my top 5.Too me he's like Larry Homes,a great Champion,underrated maybe but all time great ? No.

You have succeeded in making me go back & listening to some of my old Ice Cube albums. And l must admit l had forgotten just how good the first 3 albums are.

P.S
    I wasn't trying to make a top 10 but if l had to add one more then it would be Chuck D because P.E made my favorite Rap album "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back"

Veteran Poster
    Los Angeles Via Austin Via Ft. Worth Via Victoria

If he is not top 5 rapper, then he is most definitely a top 5 pioneer in hip-hop. You can hate on him for doing movies, but being the rapper he was and having the success he had, led him down that path. Cube is the shit. Everything mother-fucker out there was banging to 'Straight Outta Compton' in 1991. Don't lie. Just like every mother-fucker used to bang to Michael Jackson, pre-boys.

Monsieur Valentine

"He makes love to the Duke. He swordfights the Queen. And you think the score's set but you can't truly see. Til you know the two sides of Monsieur Valentine."

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurValentine
    If he is not top 5 rapper, then he is most definitely a top 5 pioneer in hip-hop. You can hate on him for doing movies, but being the rapper he was and having the success he had, led him down that path. Cube is the shit. Everything mother-fucker out there was banging to 'Straight Outta Compton' in 1991. Don't lie. Just like every mother-fucker used to bang to Michael Jackson, pre-boys.

East Coasters hate West Coasters, even to this day.

its an easzy e christmas every year 4 this right coaster

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap
    its an easzy e christmas every year 4 this right coaster

lol

I haven't heard that in a LONG ass time.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Mine in no paricular order:

For the dome:

Chuck D. and Public Enemy
    Tupac
    Common
    Kanye West
    Mos Def
    KRS One
    The Roots
    Talib Kweli

To shake your ass, and sometimes
    they might make you think:

Jay Z
    LL
    Big Pun
    Eve
    Fat Joe
    Outkast
    Queen Latifah
    Salt-n-Peppa
    Run DMC
    Missy Elliot

NWA was a very important influence to rap and Black culture in
    general, and Cube definitely has skillz with making the paper, but
    sorry boo I can't quite see him as one of the top 5 rappers of all
    time.

ghostface
    nas
    common
    biggie
    jay z

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurValentine
    PIONEER!!!??? WTF?? Cube didn't pioneer anything! At the most you MIGHT give NWA a pioneering nod, but not Cube by himself. To be a pioneer you need to be FIRST! Run-DMC, Ice-T, Pac, Outkast and even MC Hammer were pioneers because they boldly went where no man had gone before! And Will Smith was the first and (best) to go from rap to tv/movies. So just what did Cube start or do before anyone else? That's a pioneer!!!

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"