Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Platinum Poster

i like em

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX
    It seems like you still ridin on west coast animosity.

Both the song AND video are powerful

And what do you mean by PR.....are you tryin to say the FBI incindent never happened? Is that what you're saying?

Nas did say that......He's also in the top 5

That's cool if you wanna deny a walking legend his due........I guess.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jM4f45DC3Rk
    ok, for real, i grew up on the west coast, and i can appreciate what ice cube has brought to the table, but it is what it is. that song is ok, the lyrics are good but typical cube. the music isn't anything special and he is not known for creating anything special. i have friends that make videos and i have seen a lot of the behind the scenes shit that goes into it. i can tell you, that video was cheaply done, not and original idea, and it is basically just there as a 40 year old guy who is trying like hell to keep street cred. no disrespect for the man, but that is reality.

my comment regarding someone being a fbi target being an accomplishment, i feel like that just basically is evidence of where someone's head is at. for me that is almost as brilliant as getting shot and having that up your level of integrity.

so, if ice cube is a legend and nas is top 5 as well. it seems like your top five is a little one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by trannybanger
    he's great for sure. but top 5, not in this lifetime.

timxxx said

What he said. Cool

Did you 2 even watch the video?

Cause if you did then you know there are no more than a small select few that are doin what Cube is doing.

And to compound that, he's been doin it for OVER 20 years now.

Lastly, Cube/NWA, gangsta was practically invented by him/them.

You'd be hard pressed to find anybody in hip hop with a longer, more compelling, more suggestive, or more historic resume than Ice Cube.

Show me any rapper that's been the target of the FBI and Secret Service.
    Show me any rapper that's been labled as THE MOST DANGEROUS GROUP IN AMERICA.

If Ice Cube ain't a top 5, then Hip Hop is dead for real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cube
    Did watch the video but it would had made no difference,if l watched it or not.

The statement that Ice Cube is one of the five greatest rappers of all time.Is just WRONG.Must be a some kind of joke.

If you had said Ice Cube is "one of the 5 greatest rappers,who directs modestly funny comedies" of all time.Then l would have
    agreed.

I a fan of Ice Cube got some of his cd's,he is a good rapper,good actor(in Boyz n the Hood,anyway) & an o.k director.

Silver Poster

It seems like you still ridin on west coast animosity.

Both the song AND video are powerful

And what do you mean by PR.....are you tryin to say the FBI incindent never happened? Is that what you're saying?

Nas did say that......He's also in the top 5

That's cool if you wanna deny a walking legend his due........I guess.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jM4f45DC3Rk
    ok, for real, i grew up on the west coast, and i can appreciate what ice cube has brought to the table, but it is what it is. that song is ok, the lyrics are good but typical cube. the music isn't anything special and he is not known for creating anything special. i have friends that make videos and i have seen a lot of the behind the scenes shit that goes into it. i can tell you, that video was cheaply done, not and original idea, and it is basically just there as a 40 year old guy who is trying like hell to keep street cred. no disrespect for the man, but that is reality.

my comment regarding someone being a fbi target being an accomplishment, i feel like that just basically is evidence of where someone's head is at. for me that is almost as brilliant as getting shot and having that up your level of integrity.

so, if ice cube is a legend and nas is top 5 as well. it seems like your top five is a little one dimensional.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

You just lost any credibility you were gonna claim that you had, brah.

Veteran Poster

credibility in the eyes of the guy that believes ice cube is one of the top five rappers of all time?

you have a right to your opinion and you obviously think cube is the shit, but please enlighten me as to what about ice cube's music is he known for in terms of creating something unique and special?

Professional Poster

Its hard to believe Cubes all hard again after being such a Hollywood sell out. But I still like his rap..he's in my top 10 rap list

Silver Poster

credibility in the eyes of the guy that believes ice cube is one of the top five rappers of all time?

you have a right to your opinion and you obviously think cube is the shit, but please enlighten me as to what about ice cube's music is he known for in terms of creating something unique and special?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Cube, in my opinion, doesn't need to write not even one more track after FUCK THE POLICE to be considered legendary.

You shoulda copped his last album, but since you didn't I'll give you the opportunity to catch what I thought was his most vicious track on that album.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zfZ9JVoG1gs

just out of curiosity, who are the other 4 in your top 5 armanixxx?

Veteran Poster

Default Re: ICE CUBE: Top 5 greatest rappers of ALL TIME.

Now thats what I'm talking about! Thanks ARMANIXXX for putting this up, I was so damn sick of crappy "rappers" like Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne.

Al: First thing they teach you when you're a rookie shoe salesman is when you get a fat one in the chair, never look up. I looked up, Peg! I saw underwear! It said "Saturday!"
    Peggy: So?
    Al: Today's Wednesday!

Is this category even worth having a ranking system?