Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile
    Alyssa you need only 2 things, spironolactone & delestrogen, my girlfriend is your age and belongs to the "HOT" program at Cullen-Lorde. Forget premarin and the cream on your face. If you need advice message me.The street ho's have their own thought but it doesn't work as well as the RIGHT WAY.
    The anti-androgen Spironolactone in dosages of 200–400 mg per day can
    allow a woman to lower her estrogen intake.

I myself never utilized it, as I opted for an orchiechtomy early on, but
    I would agree it's a useful addition to a woman's HRT regimen.

Here's more info:

http://www.tgirltalk.com/forums/vbne...=antiandrogens

5 Star Poster

Ok, as usual the drugs and doses are all over the place. And Hostile is right, some girls take all kinds of crap. No offense to any of the ladies taking it but the Perlutal from Mexico is a contraceptive and doesn't have the right kinds of estrogen and is mostly progestrone. It is essentially similar to Depo-Provera and it's not going to give you the best results.

If you are taking it, PLEASE stop. Also the estrogen vials you buy in Mexico under the name "Progynon" is NOT estradiol valerate, it's a version designed as a contraceptive not for HRT - and it's like 10X as expensive as if you have a prescription and buy it here in the States. We pay about $36 for 3 months worth of estradiol valerate.

While certainly I am NOT a doctor, and no regime is right for everyone what I've noticed during a 20 year exploration and course of study on HRT is that the standard treatments are the best place to start, then you make small adjustments every 3-6 months as necessary doing blood test before and after changes.

HRT is really relatively simple. You watch the numbers, and how you body is reacting or not, and adjust accordingly - but you need to have a baseline first to work from otherwise you are shooting in the dark and either not getting enough or are taking too much.

A) Don't take HRT without a doctor's assistance. If you aren't an expert in this you can screw your body up and actually reduce your feminization. Since I know some of you won't or can't listen to that advice, maybe the following will help you.

1A) More is NOT better. More will NOT make you a girl any faster and may slow it down, as your body will increase testosterone to overcome the estrogen unless you have an orchi.

1) Don't keep switching around between drugs.

2) Most of the the "candy" sold on the internet will mess you up. You simply don't need it. Yes some drugs do work for some people, just as some people with migraines respond to one drug over another. But this has to be determined over time. Start with the standard medicines. Then if they don't work work with your doctor to try another combination.

3) Here is Jessica and my pre and post-op (orchiectomy) regimes. Can't say if it's right for you, but it seems to work for us and is pretty standard.

Pre-op:
    2.5mg Premarin/day
    10mg/ml IM (shot) weekly Estradiol Valerate (40mg/ml month)
    300 mg Spiro/dy

Post-op:
    .65 Premarin/dy
    10mg/ml Estradiol Valerate every 10 days (30mg/mo)

Jessica noticed an increase in body hair and suddenly started getting pimples after her surgery, so she is taking 100mg spiro again and I know of other post op who also takes spiro as the pituitary gland creates a small amount of testosterone. I don't notice any difference in my own body.

Note - we are due for a blood test and based on that I'm hoping we can further reduce our estrogen intake which I feel is high for a post op condition - but our last blood test came back right in the ball park, my prolactin was 19 and Jessica's was 14 - so we will see if it's consistent and adjust as needed.

Note - we both were on high dose hormones for about 3 years prior to surgery and were experiencing negative effects such as lethargy and headache though our liver and kidney function tests (BUN, etc) have always been good.

Things NOT to take:
    Provera - some people will find extreme mood swings and depression. And many doctors think it actually aggravates the absorbtion of estrogen. I took it early one and nearly flipped out. I have a GF who takes it and can lactate... so it's obviously very body dependent.

Prometrium (often prescribed in Europe) again I feel it's a waste of money.

Estrace pills / patches, etc. are OK but far more expensive than injections.

Ok so there you have it. Hope it helps somebody.

And remember I AM NOT A DOCTOR - so what do I know - seek medical advice, yada yada.

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

Platinum Poster

hey!
    i guess this all helped. especially about the perlutal. but i have to say...it does seem to work. i have 2 shots left. im GONNA take em. but after, maybe not.

but no estrace, no provera, and no prem cream on the face..got it.

the HOT program is great, but im in JERSEY. they supply you thru medicaid(sp) and the requirement is different here. i really cant get it unless i have a baby.lol
    (hostile, youre not calling me a street ho, are you?)

seeing a doctor is out of the question right now. i know that sounds soooo sorry, but its true.
    maybe after i get these tits i seriously will pay out of pocket to get my bloodwork done, but right now its a no go.

as of now, i take what i can get from friends who dont take their mones because they have to work..and keep that cock hard.lol

but seriously, thanks every1.

Professional Poster

Right now I am taking, 1CC of 40mg per ml of Del-estrogen injectable once a week, combined with 2.5 milligrams of permarin a day. This is a very high does especially for someone who has been on HRT as long as I have. I have tried estradiol valerate and found it didnt work as well. I also inject in my thigh because of my sil, but I have found it absorbs quicker and is more effective in the thigh.

The strongest and most effective stuff out there is 40mg per ml of Del-estrogen injectable. Many doctors dont like to prescribe it though, they like to play it safe.

I have a doctor who knows nothing about hormones and will write me what ever I tell her. She told me "I dont know anything about hormones, just tell me what you need". It works for me because I have done years of homework and I know what works for me. Although self prescribing hormones isn't something I would recommend to someone first starting out.

Over the years (many years) of HRT I have tried several different forms of estrogen. When I first started in my late teens I moned like crazy. I took 10 milligrams of permarin a day, with a shot once a week, 300 milligrams of spiro (anti androgen), proscar (another anti-androgen) and prometrium (progesterone).

I guess you can say I was pretty pickled lol. It was the mid 90's and I used to buy my hormones from a pharmacy in the Bronx where a lot of girls went. You didnt need a prescription lol. You just went in and told him what you needed and paid him in cash. I am lucky I didnt kill myself.

Kisses,
    Julie

5 Star Poster

I took Premarin two x 1.25 mg a day for years. Self administered. It worked great had lots of kick. It's the reason I am the size and shape that I am.

Lately I take estradiol (because I can get it at a huge discount) 5 2mg tablets/day. Not as much kick in my opinion. I got what I paid for.

I also take spironolactone. Blood test say it keeps down the testosterone. A side effect I have noticed is that the spiro makes performce...soft. Estrogens alone will not do this.

"Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Now ya'll have me concerned, I'm not dosing enough...

"Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

Junior Poster

I feel like I keep on posting this, but I like making sure everybody has this kind of info, not just spoiled brats like moi.

You can order any and all hormones for sort of cheap from here without a prescription http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by irishgirl
    You can order any and all hormones for sort of cheap from here without a prescription http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/ .
    They're selling/shipping ultracets with no scrip? There's no way that's legal.

Junior Poster

"I heard from a nurse" or "Someone said" is a very poor way to manage your health. Doctors are the only people any intelligent transsexual should be listening to for medical advice regarding hormones.

If you're opting for self-medication, at least have the courtesy to make sure your will is written, just in case. And please, don't be upset when problems arise. Y'all did this to yourself knowingly and willingly. Accept the consequences of your stupidity.

Platinum Poster

lmaooo. thanks Tika. what a sweety.

and im sure youre gorgeous. how about a pic.lol