Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Off Topic: Things That Make One Go "Hmmmm?"

This is one of those questions in everyday life that just make one(me) go "Hmmmmm???" :

Why is it that banks, credit unions, savings and loans, and other financial institutions, seemingly have the worst in close circuit camera recording? I mean, why not just have some court reporter artist sit far off in one corner of the bank drawing pictures of everyone as they come in? It would amount to the same thing quality wise. Their pictures and video taping of bank robbers is always so poor and grainy -- as if the signal of the image was being bounced off the moon or as if the disc was being reused for the tenth million time. One would think that given they are targets for robbery(that's where the money is, after all), spend lavishly every few months outfitting the place, and pay their tellers so little, that they of all businesses could afford and therefore have state-of-the-art cameras that could dissect a hair follicle of anyone walking in from 300 feet. Aren't home recording security systems relatively inexpensive? What's up with that?

Here locally there has been a rash of robberies at several Radio Shacks. The thieves don't make out with money, but with portable display cases with Ipods in them. And just like banks, the images of these perpetrators comes out so weak and grainy. This is RADIO SHACK, folks. RADIO SHACK !!! You mean to tell me that Radio Shack couldn't rig up something to not only deter but also provide better images of those stealing from them?

There are mom and pop liquor stores with better equipment than both of the aforementioned examples. ...Just what am I missing? Anyone here from either industry that can explain this?

Yes, I'm bored.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Here's one we Californians can relate to.

Why does CalTrans always seem to do work on the freeway during rush hour? Whether it's construction or a sweeer train...that shit should not be going on at 7:00am on a weekday...especially on the northbound 5 (or any freeway heading downtown)!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

here in NYC we just started getting these NYPD cameras installed on a large quantity scale..............
    I feel sorry for the cops that have to go down to each one that's gonna get dirty from all the kids and drug dealers not to mention prostitutes that will throw candybars, mud, etc. up at them do go about their business

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Gold Poster

LOL @ Willie!

Here's my Caltrans question: When are they going to stop building these freeway monstrocities (15 lanes on the I-15 at one point, freeways on top of freeways,etc) and start placing monorails in the center of these freeways instead? Can you envision the 405 with a monorail down the center of it? I can. Hell, hire Disneyland to build them, just don't allow them to Mickey Mouse it!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Bankers are cheapskates. Californians are stupid.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

some day the Puente Hills fault will go pop and all the elevated highways will come tumbling down.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Rookie Poster

heres one... why is it that the iraninan governtment executes gays and lesbians for being who they are, but actually accepts it when TG people go get SRS.

second hmmm... why does the British Government refuse asylum to Iranian individuals who seek asylum after their bf's are hanged and its clear there is a threat to remaining partner?

third hmm...why is it that in the US, the government doesn't think TG people need any protections when children who transition with the blessings of their family are murdered by classmates?

Just random thoughts in my head...we can talk about sex again if y'all like...

"A pearl is not a pearl until it leaves the shell."
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VJsgalacticpalace/

Gold Poster

Ever wonder why the Vietnamese dominate the nail salon business? I've always wondered that also (There seems to be so many here in San Diego) and yesterday's LA Times answers the question. According to the article, they make up 80% of the industry here in California. If you're too lazy to read this short article, you can simply thank actress Tippi Hedren (The Birds) for her concern of Vietnamese refugees, and their fortuitous start.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3901012.story

I meant to post this yesterday.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Here's my Caltrans question: When are they going to stop building these freeway monstrocities (15 lanes on the I-15 at one point, freeways on top of freeways,etc) and start placing monorails in the center of these freeways instead? Can you envision the 405 with a monorail down the center of it? I can. Hell, hire Disneyland to build them, just don't allow them to Mickey Mouse it!

OMG..... I've been saying that for years! In fact, when D-land was being built, Walt offered to put monorails around Orange County..... he was told "no thanks".

"99.98% of people on HA are not worth the time."

Lmao You're such a cunt TrueBeauty TS! I love it!! - HTG