Veteran Poster

Default I fucking hate CHUGGERS!!!!

I don't know whether you have them in the states, but 'Chuggers' (or 'Charity-Muggers') are a pretty big deal here in London. Most main roads in the center of town are usually full of them around rush hour. They are usually students (working for £10 an hour, which ain't too shabby) and they harrass passers-by into signing over direct debit details for whatever charity they are hawking. They are such a problem westminster council is considering banning them from Oxford st.

Every day after work, as I make my way (down a very very crowded street) towards the tube station, I have to run the gauntlet of about ten chuggers working for about three charities. The grind the street to a halt as people have to push past them. I have seen people being pushed into the road full of rush hour traffic; a chinese tourist thinking she being assaulted by a male chugger literally jumping at her and almost taking her out with his fucking clipboard; people waiting at stop lights being harangued; and routine abuse being shouted at people who are just walking past.

Usually I just get my head down and keep walking. But yesterday, as I was passing a girl working for 'The Samaritans', minding my own business with me head in the clouds thinking about the cold beverage waiting for me in my fridge, she leaned towards me as I was passing and said in my ear :

'You're living wrong; I can see it in your eyes'.

'You dunno the half of it boss' I sort of mumbled as my brain tried to compute this personal insult a total stranger had said to me. Fucking self-righteous little cunt! Really knocked me for six!

I'm all for charity and spreading the wealth, and of course I give to charity just like everyone else with a heart and a mind, but isn't it supposed to be ANONYMOUS for christ's sake.
    Self-righteous guilt-tripping is just wrong. They harrass people on the street to shame them into giving money, which kind of takes away for the whole, yunno, 'charity' thing.

That feels better. End of rant.

Anyone else had any run-ins with chuggers? Or anyone worked as a chugger and want to tell me what a heartless bastard I am?

Junior Poster

I walk like they're no there. Otherwise I give them the look-of-death. Like I'm really weighing the pros and cons wasting them right there. However that takes time to develop. But once you developed your Ice Grill they won't even speak to you for fear that they're stopping the disgruntled employee who snapped and who's on his way to finally take care business. Don't look way because they smell fear and then you're marked! They're just bullies. But even bullies pick and choose who they fuck with it. They don't really won't the person who's crazy enough to harm without reservations of self-preservation. Kids who got picked on in school that bowed their head got it without mercy because the bullies knew the odds of that person fighting back. It's a predatory response in inherent mammals such as ourselves. You don't attack the bull, you go for the limping calf because it's an easier kill. Got in a fight with a kid who used to harass me and I choked him out. He never spoke to me again in LIFE! Don't give up your money if that's not what you really want to do. If you give it up and you didn't want to then you'll feel like a chump for the rest of the day. You will find no solace in the fact you helped some organization out. Odds you didn't even hear what it was for in the first place. I give when I feel like it and when the person asking comes correct. Badgering and belittling gets no grip. That's like someone calling you out your name then paying them for it. WTF kind of sense does that make?

Bottomline: If they're in your path, move them via your innate hostile aura or physically. No one has the right to impede your path.

Junior Poster

i wonder what you were thinking as you left the chugger... something like "Im going to go to hungangels and write up a post on how much i hate chuggers!! that'll show them!" lol quit whining online like a little kid. Grow up, or do something about it.