Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default America Sucks?

This is where people on message boards lose me (quoted from earlier in this thread):

>America is single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth and the large amount of the population doesn't wanna hear about, talk about and is uncomfortable hearing/talking about it.
    -----
    Sorry, but America is nowhere near "single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth." ?There is racism all over this world--didn't you bother to leave your little mouse-hole to find this out? There is racism in France against Muslims, there is racism in Russia against the Chinese, there is racism in other countries against white people etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ETC. ETC.!!!

Yes, America WAS a racially intolerant country--MANY years ago. And I lived through that. Our country is much different now.

If anything, the USA is an island of racial tolerance, to be honest. The racial hatred in other countries includes genocide, murder, and rape. America has a very low murder rate and a high level of racial tolerance. For crying out loud--I live in NYC and the Sean Bell incident has NOT resulted in any street violence.

Whoever you are, please get a grip. Ignorant statements like that just make you look foolish. I have nothing against you except when you publish ignorant statements.

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solsoul
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75
    "Not nearly as bothersome as being on the receiving end of those nukes. We didn't nuke Germany, why is that?"

Germany surrendered before the atomic bomb was invented.
    Ok, so why the overkill of not one but TWO cities. Easy, because to the anglo american the Japanese was considered less than human. Sacrificing our soldiers in a war they are trained and prepared to fight is worse than sacrificing the innocent civilians in these cities in our book. Brilliant justification.
    Are you honestly gonna defend Japan? Have you ever heard of Nanking? The only reason we nuked Japan is because China didnt have nukes yet. They were asking for it. And if not for the overthrow of the empire, Japan would not be the economic powerhouse that it is today. How Rev. Wright has any relevance to WW2 is beyond me. And why he bashes America is beyond me considering how wealthy this Capitalist system of ours has made him. If America is indeed treating some of its own as 'less than human,' Rev. Wright is not one of them. Bush's tax cuts were meant to help people like Rev. Wright.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by EyeCumInPiece
    Are you honestly gonna defend Japan? Have you ever heard of Nanking?
    Qestion: What does a massacre in occupied China in 1938 have to do with the first strike use of two nuclear weapons on strictly civilian targets in 1945??

Answer: Nothing, or by another metric, about as much as Reverend Wright's most extreme views and manner of expressing them have to do with Obama's character or qualifications for office.

FK

Junior Poster

Default Re: America Sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    This is where people on message boards lose me (quoted from earlier in this thread):

>America is single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth and the large amount of the population doesn't wanna hear about, talk about and is uncomfortable hearing/talking about it.
    -----
    Sorry, but America is nowhere near "single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth." ?There is racism all over this world--didn't you bother to leave your little mouse-hole to find this out? There is racism in France against Muslims, there is racism in Russia against the Chinese, there is racism in other countries against white people etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ETC. ETC.!!!

Yes, America WAS a racially intolerant country--MANY years ago. And I lived through that. Our country is much different now.

If anything, the USA is an island of racial tolerance, to be honest. The racial hatred in other countries includes genocide, murder, and rape. America has a very low murder rate and a high level of racial tolerance. For crying out loud--I live in NYC and the Sean Bell incident has NOT resulted in any street violence.

Whoever you are, please get a grip. Ignorant statements like that just make you look foolish. I have nothing against you except when you publish ignorant statements.
    WAS?

Still is!

How many times do I have to stand on a street corner before some idiot drives by (doesn't stop of course) and say "Hey Nigga"

ONLY IN AMERICA

I spent time in Kiev and not a word was uttered in my direction, wasn't looked at oddly and I got my mack on a few times.

That's a former Eastern Bloc country for crying out loud where many people say many of these people including Russians are Xenophobic.

Why would the "liberal" media use 15 second sound bites and loop them to try and tell the American public that Obama being linked to Wright paints him out to be Militant Nigga looking for REVENGE on White America (justified given this country history).

How come most Americans don't stand for Indian related causes?

Cause they don't care, to many (mostly white) they thought all the Indians must be dead or only come around to complain about the use of "Redskins" or "Seminoles" with sport teams. Most fans (mostly White) just strug there shoulders and don't see what the problem is.

That is the typical American view about race - NO BIG DEAL

When will we know we have come to terms with race?

1) When cops go to jail for excessively shooting Black Men

2) When the War on Drugs is suspended as a failed venture that blames the victims and fails to prosecute the people (mostly White) that bring the drugs into the country (who are the biggest USERS of drugs by the way)

3) When justice is served fairly and equally; currently if your brown or black you are SCREWED.

4) When our history books are re-written to reflect the truth of what happen in this country.

5) When White people stop pointing fingers at Black people saying "Black people can be racist too"

How is that even possible? Can Rev Wright prevent you from getting a job? Do Black Women clutch their purses when you walk by? How many more examples do I have to give you before you'll believe that Black people have an opinion on Race and it could be Racist but hardly impedes a White person from doing whatever the hell they wanna do?

I will agree that at least 70% of this country is ready to move forward, talk about issues in this country that trouble us ALL, when I say that, I am not talking about YOU personally, as I said, stop taking what ONE black person says about White people in general PERSONALLY.

If you do, then you understand how Black people feel every single day....

I didn't say genocide wasn't going on elsewhere in the world. But it seldom has to do with RACE and more to do with other types of conflict. In Africa, its because they are political enemies or religious enemies, like in India or the Orange Revolution in the Ukraine or War in Bosnia.

Don't even compare those conflicts with the systematical oppression of one race over another that has gone since this country was founded. YOU the nobody, middle class White American aren't doing it, its large corporations and Neo Conservative/Radical Right Wing people with this agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile
    trish , its not 1944 anymore, when a collage says we need to recruit more minorities thats wrong, if you get an 85 and get in because your black and I get a 90 and I do not get in thats wrong. The best man should get the honor, regardless of color, today the white man sucks up to all minorities and its wrong. This is not the 1940's and Slavery in this country has been gone for almost 150 years.Sports, Music , TV , Movies blacks are making as much if not more than whites. Please don't piss on mt feet then tell me its raining.

You can bash my spelling all you want but at least I have the balls to tell it like it is, others are reading this too scared to agree with me simply because they want no part of this subject. Political correctness .
    Hostile you are wrong on so many points but I must talk about this point, first. Colleges have found that diversity contibutes to the educational experience of everyone at there. The idea is that the people of different backgrounds contibute their experience in the exchange of ideas.

This is also important on a personal level, as people develop friendships with those from other communties or cultures. For me, I met a person from Brazil, who introduced me to Brazilian music. I have had a life long affection for their style of music. Test scores are only part of the evaluation process. Colleges understand that their attraction comes from the total enviorment, not just high testing scores.

All that being said Hostile, I thank you for expressing your views, even though I disagree with them. It just shows the consciousness that we are dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    I have watched Rush and Hannity and Mathews and read Drudge, and all the other Republican blogs, and they have convinced me, completely

I am not voting for Reverend Wright!!

meow

FK
    People in this thread have expressed some very interesting viewpoints. I agree wtih many here, particularly Trish. But I read a post by someone who had been an actual member of his church had good insight.

First off, I would have 2 ask those getting caught up in the brouhaha about Rev. Wright 2 please recognize distraction when U C it. Rev. Wright is not running 4 president, Obama is. Wright is a pastor not a presidential candidate. He heads a large progressive church and his job is 2 preach the word of God as he has been taught and as he sees it work 4 his congregation. He exercises his Constitutionally protected freedom of speech and religion and what he says 2 his congregation, as it helps 2 build them, is his business, even if presidential hopefuls R there. Besides what he does at his church has nothing 2 do with what goes on at the White House. Separation of church and state, remember?

I admit 2 personally growing up at Trinity church as an active member. While I have grown beyond what I saw as the confines of Christianity, I do credit Rev. Wright 4 assisting in building my spiritual foundation 2 take me 2 where I am now. His work is a credit 2 his people, his congregation, and this country. He is a powerful speaker and while I may not agree with all he says (told U I'm not a Christian) I know his messages 2 B strong, and largely on point.

Some of the sheep seem 2 B falling N2 the media trap of divide and conquer using ridiculously tiny sound bites from one or two of his sermons 2 make it seem that he speaks out against "America." Such a ludicrously one-sided perspective should not even get attention from intelligent people. Intelligent people would know the difference between speaking out against a criminal, misleading, fraudulent, dangerous government and speaking against the country. It's what this country was founded on 4 those who remember their history lessons.

Rev Wright's patriotism should not B N question. That of these greedy government officials should. This country is not in order and that is because of the people we allow 2 run it. This government is not working 4 the people. If they were, things like gas prices, health care, homelessness, and education would not even B a concern. Wars, if necessary, would B just and called upon by the People. It is We the People who R America, NOT this government. Rev Wright is right and just calling "them" 2 task. Moor of us should.

The distraction is only as powerful as we allow it 2 B. Those people at Capitol Hill don't represent me and they don't want 2 and I'm as patriotic as they come.
    from letter posted on this blog: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=384081662

Default Re: ummmmmm

– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.” Riiight, because after all, white people couldn't possibly get infected and die. . .

– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.” The Japanese were brutal, savage, and practiced inhuman acts of voilence and murder against the chinese and the americans. If we didn't drop those bombs, the next step was the invasion of Japan, which would have been so horrendous an event as to not even want to think about it. those bombs saved thousands more American lives, so, hell yeah, we never batted an eye.

– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.” Hillary and Bill are trash from Arkansas who managed to make it out of the trailerpark and into the white house. Case in point--Bill's brother--that just shows you his origins. So don't think they have always been high fucking grand poobah of upper-but-crack white folks. And besides, Obama is as white as he is black.

– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a n***8r. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.” Maybe not, but I've heard her been called a CUNT more times than I can count, and thats pretty damned nasty.

– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” AMEN!! He's right here--Bill had everyone fooled. Black people were no better than anyone after bill left office--he just had us all convinced he was the first black president.

– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.” Say what you will, but prison and college are both choices you make in life. You wanna be a derelict and fuck up school so you can go hang out with your friends and commit crimes? thats YOUR choice. Fucking work hard, stay in school and make something of yourself. Maybe it's harder for poor black kids than it is for suburbanites, but they still have the choice to make, don't fucking blame ME for that shit.

– “We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.

And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this sh*t!”
    Ok, can we all stop using GOD as the lightening rod here? For Christ's sake, there IS NO GOD! But if there happens to be one, then he likes fucking with us all, because this world, not just us black hating, racist, war mongering fuck-up American white motherfuckers, but the whole world, is a gigantic mess. If there is a god, he's up there laughing his ass off watching us struggle and squirm.

So fucking get over yourself, reverend. He has a big mouth and knows how to stir up the shit for his own cause. I know a lot of people and not one of them has the desire or will to create and spew the venom that he does. He is perpetuating the very nightmare that he is complaining about.

And THAT is the real problem here.

We are the middle children of history . . . we have no great war, we have no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Junior Poster

djmonie , your a confused poor soul , no one is trying to stop you from being black and its fools like you that are the problem. You see yourself separate from everyone , I see everyone the same, your skin tone is darker than mine but I believe in eqaulity, Black is beautiful , but no more beautiful than white brown yellow and all the colors of the spectrum. I feel sorry a hater, rev is a fool and even Obama now wants no past of him, Wright even told Obama "if you make it to the Whitehouse, Ill be on your ass and comin for you too". Hating one race and blaming will stunt your growth. I'm not getting in a pisssing contest with you , keep your finger in the air spewing your hate and nonsense, you are the bigot not me daddy.

I think that ALL of you that don't like America, The United Stae of.....should leave. And when you go, please take the Honorable Reverend Wright with you. Please don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, either.

I don't care what color you claim to be or, nationality you think you are...don't like it here, go find some place better suited to your character, color, beliefs and bullshit!

I have found over the years, that the person talking the loudest about racism, is the biggest racist in the crowd.