Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I agree that we cannot be blamed for the actions of our ancestors. Never-the-less, we can be held responsible for perpetuating past and present inequities into the future. Sure, I know there's plenty of blame to go around. But that doesn't mean you're absolved, or can go about pretending everything is just peachy keen equal for everybody.

Show me a teen who has the wisdom, experience, the fortitude and strength of an adult. No teen should be having kids. True enough. No teen should be raped either. (What's your stand on abortion?) Most teens in America are still regarded as children and are afforded the benefit of being major fuck ups. A middle class upbringing can provide a lot insulation and protection. Fucking up on the other side of the tracks can ruin not only your life, but the life of your children and their children as well. The playing field is NOT level. As long as it's not, we have to extend a hand to those who are not advantaged.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by solsoul
    Quote Originally Posted by ottorocket
    Just so we're clear on what Rev "The United States of KKK" Wright has been quoted as saying.

– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.”

– September 2001: “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

– April 2003: “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God **** America … for killing innocent people. God **** America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God **** America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a n***8r. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

– “We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.
    And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this sh*t!”
    And what part of these statements isn't true?

"References to the nuking of Japan are bothersome"

Not nearly as bothersome as being on the receiving end of those nukes. We didn't nuke Germany, why is that?

Junior Poster

Okay I have read a few post and I almost can't stop laughing.

America is single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth and the large amount of the population doesn't wanna hear about, talk about and is uncomfortable hearing/talking about it.

The facts remain, but largely white America wants to sweep it under the rug and then point out -

"I married a black man/woman"

"Have friends that are black"

"I will vote for Obama"

That's all great and wonderful, when people like Rev Wright talk about the negative parts of our social structure he is NOT talking about YOU personally, so stop feeling like that.

When Hilary Clinton gets in front of a crowd in PA and talks about putting 100,000 more cops on the streets, that is CODE for saying "We wanna keep the niggas and wet-backs out of your white middle class and upper class neighborhoods".

A Quote from Corp Crime Reporter -

Corporate crime inflicts far more damage on society than all street crime combined.

Whether in bodies or injuries or dollars lost, corporate crime and violence wins by a landslide.

The FBI estimates, for example, that burglary and robbery – street crimes – costs the nation $3.8 billion a year.

The losses from a handful of major corporate frauds – Tyco, Adelphia, Worldcom, Enron – swamp the losses from all street robberies and burglaries combined.

Health care fraud alone costs Americans $100 billion to $400 billion a year.

The savings and loan fraud – which former Attorney General Dick Thornburgh called "the biggest white collar swindle in history" – cost us anywhere from $300 billion to $500 billion.

And then you have your lesser frauds: auto repair fraud, $40 billion a year, securities fraud, $15 billion a year – and on down the list.
    Those are your enemies, that is the larger problem we FACE together.

HOWEVER!

We need to come to TERMS with RACE in this country and until that happens, White America will largely disagree with the State of Black America because -

1) They don't give a shit

2) It doesn't effect them on a daily basis

Nothing will stop me from being Black, I love being Black, Rev Wright said nothing that wasn't the TRUTH and honestly if your White and can't believe your precious government isn't capable of supporting oppression, destroying sovereign nations, committing a political coup, stealing elections, empowering the largest multi-national companies in the world and doesn't mind using race, sexual orientation or religion to keep us bickering and not focusing on the larger issues; your a FOOL!

Wright is not a bigot, you a fool if you believe he is and 9 times out of 10 you are white making that comment which means your not black and don't understand.

Oh and just so I don't forget, I know plenty of White people that will tell you to your face that Wrights' comments are 100% correct and would have said the same thing...

Amerikkka is RACIST

If you don't care, fine

I do!

Gold Poster

Hostile:

How many American troops were killed this month in Iraq? Don't Google for the answer, just tell me. Surely a guy like you who seems to be so well versed about race issues and what the Reverend Wright has said MUST know something about the "trivial" and "insignificant" deaths of American troops in this costly blunder in Iraq. Or maybe it's the media, as well as sheep like you with the misplaced priorities?

Hmmmm?

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

I have watched Rush and Hannity and Mathews and read Drudge, and all the other Republican blogs, and they have convinced me, completely

I am not voting for Reverend Wright!!

meow

FK

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    I have watched Rush and Hannity and Mathews and read Drudge, and all the other Republican blogs, and they ... FK
    Stop it !
    Stop it !!
    Stop it !!!

You disgust me, woman. Now, damn it, go shower!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

Hes not the first black preacher to be very opinionated, and he DEFINITELY wont be the last. My advice to all my white brethren throwing a hissy fit over this is get over it, because what he said isnt 1/4 as bad as what Ive heard before, he was just dumb enough to get caught on video in the age of Youtube and Wikipedia.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Junior Poster

The truth is that the demogaugery worked for Obama when he was a grassroots organizer in Chicago. That message doesn't play well when you are running for president so now he needs to distance himself from the kind of rhetoric.

Racism has been profitable not only for whites, but a lot of blacks as well. Going as far back as when Africans sold other Africans into slavery to "House Negroes" to present day politicians.

They have a saying in Philadelphia. We had a Good Nigga, A Street Nigga and now a Nut Nigga. Philadelphia has had several black mayors and still has the many problems that plague urban black areas.

Having someone black in power will not prevent many blacks from blamming their shortcommings on "Uncle Charlie", the whiteman or the white government.

The best piece I've seen on racism was done by Chris Rock :

Professional Poster

bush and ted haggard sittin in a tree........

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    Do you really think American voters are stupid enough to believe Obama is his follower?

Hes already 'denounced' his words publically, and we saw (and still see) it all over the news. What more can he do? Kill him?

Furthermore, i wish i could say the Wright was as off the mark as he is known to be. I agree with a good deal of what he said and believes.

But i'm not a middle aged/class white suburbanite, so who cares?
    Yes, i think the majority of American Voters are THAT stupid!! Unfortunately.

And Alyssa i couldnt disagree with you any more. I think Rev. Wreich is a total asshole. I do find you very sexxiiii though!!!

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan