Default Location of clubs in Los Angeles or San Diego ?

Hi am looking to go out tonight and needed some insight as to where some nice clubs are. I remember a few but it's been awhile. I'm looking at LA or San Diego, thanks for your help xo

You can't have it if you don't ask for it.

Gold Poster

Default Re: Location of clubs in Los Angeles or San Diego ?

Quote Originally Posted by shelly1
    Hi am looking to go out tonight and needed some insight as to where some nice clubs are. I remember a few but it's been awhile. I'm looking at LA or San Diego, thanks for your help xo
    That's a pretty broad swath you cut there, lady, as the two places I would recommend are approximately 135 miles from one another: Peanuts/Club 7969 in West Hollywood, and Lips in San Diego.

Lips is a club where sharp, witty TVs and TSs (If you look closely in the link, you'll spot Khloe Hart in the pics) entertain by engaging and interacting heavily with the audience, particularly if you are a MALE or part of a birthday party. For someone who places drag shows just a notch above another bar room boring karaoke act, they in turn put together one heck of a highly entertaining show, so book your reservations for either a Friday or Saturday night, as the place gets packed and sells out. I believe there is a cover charge, but only for like $5.00. On the weekday we went, it was only about one-fifth full, with only three girls performing, so I'd avoid it then. I've been to Lips twice with a TS friend of mine and she's thoroughly enjoyed herself both times. It works, is all I can say. It works.

http://www.lipsshow.biz/

Peanuts is a nightclub in West Hollywood. Do a search on it in here or over at TER and that will probably cover any question you might have on it. One big difference off the bat, is that one can find parking at Lips. I love going to both fwiw.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

5 Star Poster

Lips does have a great show - probably better on weekends. I used to drop in occasionally and have a drink at the bar as I had a friend who worked there. BUT when they moved to their new location they started charging a $10 cover - and personally if I want to pay 10 bucks to see a drag show I can look in the mirror and by 4 beers at the SRO... so I stopped going.

You'd think they'd want a few "real" TG people to hang out for the straight folks to oogle, but I guess not. Anyway - go with a group and it would probably be a lot of fun. The girls are all beautiful and funny. They actually serve the dinner and then switch roles and do the show. There are Lips in several cities now.

In San Diego, the main venue is the SRO bar, corner of 5th and Elm just north of the I-5 downtown. Friday and Sat nights. NO cover, the friendliest bar in the world!

I also heard that "Urban Mo's" on University and (I think) 3rd in Hillcrest is having a drag night on Wednesdays. If you buy dinner there is no cover, otherwise I think it's $10. Now that sounds like a decent "deal" to me. I'm going to go take a look one of these days.

Peanuts, I've never actually been there, but it's the happening place in LA apparently.

Have fun, play safe,
    TS Jamie

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Also check out Goddess at Club Cobra on Thursday nights. North Hollywood, Burbank Blvd. east of Vineland Ave. (look for the clown liquor store on the corner and turn right). It's a newer club, but the clientele is growing. There have been a few HA members there...including myself, of course.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

Default Orange County

Though it is hardly "upscale", I had a terrific time mid-week at the Frat House in Garden Grove.

Xenicity

5 Star Poster

Default Re: Orange County