Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Alicia Keys Pulls A Reverend Wright

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350916,00.html

Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other

NEW YORK — There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

Platinum Poster

i guess shes entitled to her own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    i guess shes entitled to her own opinion.
    Legally, yes, but she's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. That's my opinion.

She's absolutely correct. Who is delivering illicit substances to minority communities from Columbia and Afghanistan? What better way to keep the numbers of "minorities" in the minority besides death and incarceration? If a minority group is allowed to become a majority you're talking a major shift of political power. The group presently in power in Washington will be out of a job. Take a look at US foreign policy around the world for the last 100 years. Most of it is designed to foment intra group conflict. Sunnis vs Shias arming both sides in a civil war to maximize death and injury. See central America in the 80's. See the present civil war in Columbia, etc.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Alicia Keys Pulls A Reverend Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.
    You ever listened to Kanye West's second album? It's rife with conspiracy theories like this.
    So I'd hardly compared Ms. Keys to Rev. Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    She's absolutely correct. Who is delivering illicit substances to minority communities from Columbia and Afghanistan? What better way to keep the numbers of "minorities" in the minority besides death and incarceration? If a minority group is allowed to become a majority you're talking a major shift of political power. The group presently in power in Washington will be out of a job. Take a look at US foreign policy around the world for the last 100 years. Most of it is designed to foment intra group conflict. Sunnis vs Shias arming both sides in a civil war to maximize death and injury. See central America in the 80's. See the present civil war in Columbia, etc.
    She was discussing the reason for gangsta rap music, not drugs. So, the question is whether or not the "intra-group conflict" can be based upon music and its origins attributed to some white conspiracy. This seems to defy all historical observation. I must agree with Dino on this one.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    She's absolutely correct.
    She's absolutely full of shit.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Default Re: Alicia Keys Pulls A Reverend Wright

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMath
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet

You ever listened to Kanye West's second album?
    No I haven't and I'm not that desperately in need of a coaster to own it. It also just wouldn't look right in my CD collection sharing space with David Allan Coe. I'll have to admit I don't know much about Kanye West except about what he said on that telethon while standing next to Mike Myers. I wish it was Michael Myers, the fella who wears the Shatner mask and carries that sharp knife, so he would have been properly handled.

This just in! Alicia Keys proclaims that the government puts Salt Peter in Popeye's Fried Chicken to keep blacks from breeding!

If these conspiracies are true, we White People must be geniuses!

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

How come all the cool people eventually turn out to be nuts?

Junior Poster

I read about this on Yahoo news or somewhere the other day. She has some pretty far-out ideas.

I love the gal, she's really pretty and talented. But I wonder how long before the movie offers will dry up if she keeps spouting stuff like this? A pity! But I guess too many conspiracy theories will turn your brain to mush.

There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
    ~Will Rogers~