Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Charlton Heston

Rookie Poster

This thread really shows the ignorance on this board...what ashame. Next chefmike is going to tell everyone that BJ Bill Clinton was a great president and was the reason why the economy was so "great" in the 90's.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I was just wondering, what DID Bush DO with the ten year budgetary surplus that accumulated during the Clinton years that Clinton didn't have anything what-so-ever to with? After all, only 7 years have past. We should still have three years of surplus left. Oh that's right, instead of putting it in a "lock box" for social security, he gave it back to the 5% of the wealthiest Americans in tax breaks. Then he threw trillions down the toilet (read Haliburton and associates) in Iraq and billed your grandchildren.

Oh yeah, this is a thread about C. Heston. Let's see. He starred in Ben Hur, The Ten Commendments, Planet of the Apes, Omega Man. Did he ever do any non-fiction?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    I was just wondering, what DID Bush DO with the ten year budgetary surplus that accumulated during the Clinton years that Clinton didn't have anything what-so-ever to with? After all, only 7 years have past. We should still have three years of surplus left. Oh that's right, instead of putting it in a "lock box" for social security, he gave it back to the 5% of the wealthiest Americans in tax breaks. Then he threw trillions down the toilet (read Haliburton and associates) in Iraq and billed your grandchildren.
    Yet all the right can do is continue to blather on about how Clinton got his dicked sucked in the Oval Office. The same Oval Office that Bush promised to restore honor to....

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

Oh yeah, this is a thread about C. Heston. Let's see. He starred in Ben Hur, The Ten Commendments, Planet of the Apes, Omega Man. Did he ever do any non-fiction?

Alright Then.

Junior Poster

Well lets face it.Bush is the best President Mexico and Israel have ever had!It we want to fix Social Security,send the check to Mexico for the 20 billion a year WE spend in medical,wics,and inmate subsidies.The problems in the Middle East are no different under Bush than any president since 1948.Two percent of our population is 98% of our foreign policy.Do I need to expand on that reality?Whoever replaces Bush with bow down to the Israeli lobby and allow Mexico to flush their excrement in our direction.Why don't we get unwed,unemployed mothers to be and take them by the bus and train loads to Tijuana.They can then squat down and extract their illegitimate bastards and let them be covered with muy pesos til age eighteen.Heston lost a lot of movie roles because he walked with Dr King,Baldwin and others.

The problems in the Middle East are no different under Bush than any president since 1948.
    Oh gosh!... I can't quit laughing

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

So the Ten Commendments is fiction to you?

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Parting the Red Sea, talking bushes, lightning writing the laws of land on stone tablets, and wizards turning their canes into snakes isn't fiction?!! Seems like an early cross between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69

So the Ten Commendments is fiction to you?
    Pretty much everything in the bible is fiction as far as I'm concerned...the same goes for the Koran and any other books of religious fairy tales.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Actually, 'Touch of Evil' and 'Will Penny' were pretty good films. As a sci-fi buff, I even enjoyed 'The Omega Man' although the cheesy soundtrack gets stuck in my head every time I hear it. 'Soylent Green' was worthwhile just to see Edward G Robinson's final role.

A tip o' the hat to Heston for his principled stance on civil rights....and a swift kick in the seat of the pants for helping to put the likes of Newt Gingrich, Tom Delay, Georgie Bush and DICK Cheney in positions of power.