Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Right on, muhmuh and Allanah. You said it all. I just want to add my support.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I just watched the Letterman clip and the comment is waaaayyy out of context, though he is clearly having a giggle over the basic situation.

It's one of his Top 10 lists featuring the Top 10 Messages Left On The Pregnant Man's Answering Machine. I actually found it pretty humorous, in context, especially the two jabs at Maury Povich and his obvious fetish for trans people.

To other notes, both from this thread and at least three others on HA and other trans forums, I am stunned (Yah, there's that word again) by how some of the people on these forums have shown their true face over this. From transpeople that should certainly know better to the cockhound gutterrsnipes that endlessly profess how open-minded and understanding they are, I have been reading such vile, unbridled, ignorant hatred as I have never in my life seen before. The 1940's comedy team of Hitler and Stalin has not stirred this much negative emotion, in such a short period of time, over something that should be seen by all as a positive miracle for those involved.

Shame on the lot of you!

This subject was all the rage over the watercooler today and I became physically ill at the heartless bullshit that poured from the mouths of my coworkers as they commented on it. Intervention was met with a cold shoulder and/or more ignorance (Many of them are aware that I know 'differently defined' families).

In the Oprah interview, Mrs. Beattie said something to the effect of "If we have to go away and hide, that's what we'll do.", and the very need for that thought speaks volumes about the failure of the human race as a whole. [/i]

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Addendum:

The problem is not the couple- it's our society.
    And that's it. There's no mystery to this. If the child has any grief in its life it won't be from within the home or how it came to be, but how society as a whole perceives it.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Thank you for stating your position so eloquently Allanah. You definitely made me think. I was thinking that it was a bit selfish of them to have this child, but you made several good points and the problem is with our society and not with them. I was just looking at it from the point of view of the kid and from that of a parent that doesn't want their own child to suffer. Although, if I really think about it... most kids will be picked on at some point for one thing or another anyway. So yeah, if the two parents love each other and thought about what being parents is all about.. then I can only wish them all the best.

Veteran Poster

Bearded One - as one of the people who expressed unease on this issue I've listened to views from Trish, Allanah and others and have come to accept the situation. But no reason for you to be stunned - lots of people are resistent to change. Doesn't make them wrong - just means they need time to get used to it.

With so much hatred being displayed between countries, communities and individuals, when two people express and exhibit love then I guess it should always be supported.