Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default boston celtics???

hey where are all y'all new eng pat fans????do you guys watch bball??i hate yer pats but the celts are kickin some serious ass....best record in the nba(however i kinda think the nba is rigged in some ways)...most likely going to the championship vs the lakers(nba is repackin the 80's nostalgia)..however the dynamic between the teams is different.....ya heard me

Default Re: boston celtics???

Quote Originally Posted by qeuqheeg222
    hey where are all y'all new eng pat fans????do you guys watch bball??i hate yer pats but the celts are kickin some serious ass....best record in the nba(however i kinda think the nba is rigged in some ways)...most likely going to the championship vs the lakers(nba is repackin the 80's nostalgia)..however the dynamic between the teams is different.....ya heard me
    We're all sort of stunned here in Boston over the Celtics. We haven't had a good bball team since the eighties. They play defense! It's been so long. Here it's like Martini, coming out of the rec room when he hears McMurphy doing the fictional play by play of the World Series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oneflewmartini_162.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	172643  

Rookie Poster

Celtics may get the best record, but I don't see them winning the NBA Championship. The way the San Antonio Spurs are playing now, they will be the team to beat again.

Staten Island's Wu Tang Clan!
    These guys are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie31
    Celtics may get the best record, but I don't see them winning the NBA Championship. The way the San Antonio Spurs are playing now, they will be the team to beat again.
    Charlie, cut the shit! You're a Philly fan! What gives? San Antonio? WHAT POSSIBLE CONNECTION HAVE YOU TO THIS TEAM!!!! SHITTT? Does this mean as a Boston fan I can pick any team in the NHL to route for since Boston is hurting? FUCK NO! BRING ON THE CANADIENS! BRING ON THE SPURS! WE'RE BOSTON!!!

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
    Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Otter: Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
    [thinks hard]
    Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
    [runs out, alone; then returns]
    Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
    Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
    Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
    D-Day: Let's do it.
    Bluto: LET'S DO IT!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Charlie, cut the shit! You're a Philly fan! What gives? San Antonio? WHAT POSSIBLE CONNECTION HAVE YOU TO THIS TEAM!!!! SHITTT? Does this mean as a Boston fan I can pick any team in the NHL to route for since Boston is hurting? FUCK NO! BRING ON THE CANADIENS! BRING ON THE SPURS! WE'RE BOSTON!!!

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
    Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Otter: Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
    [thinks hard]
    Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
    [runs out, alone; then returns]
    Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
    Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
    Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
    D-Day: Let's do it.
    Bluto: LET'S DO IT!
    ezed,
    LOL @ your comment! I said that so you know I don't take offense with the profanity. I have a great sense of humor.
    I said the Spurs are winning the NBA Championship because I am saying that from a basketball fan's perspective. The Spurs are making their annual playoff push by demolishing teams earlier this year versus in years past. Their team play is boring to most basketball fans, but fans such as us understand their overall team concept has been the key to their successes on winning multiple NBA Championships since 1999.
    The Spurs & the Detroit Pistons are the only 2 teams I see play outstanding defense. That's why they will be in the NBA Championship, barring another fluke run like the Cavaliers accomplished last season.
    Take care.

These guys are the best!

Charlie,
    The Celtic's play defense also.

Professional Poster

detroit,boston and spurs i think are the best defensive teams in the league and everybody knows dfence and rebounding wins championships....

Junior Poster

let us hope the celtics win it all as if they do then the 47" LG LCD TV I bought is free...

Rookie Poster

Charlie,
    ezed,
    100% true, but in my opinion San Antonio will win the 2008 NBA Championship. I'm not a Sixers fan, but a Knicks fan who gave up the season tickets in 2004 when the team/ownership (the Dolans) have no committment to winning. I paid $3760.00 for 2 seats in 7 monthly installments in the 400 level in the Garden & found better uses for my hard earned $$$ now. I can get them back anytime since the Garden doesn't sell out anymore these days. I only go when I don't have to spend alot......I only buy the $10.00 seats to about 5 games this past season.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

These guys are the best!

Charlie,
    ezed,
    100% true, but in my opinion San Antonio will win the 2008 NBA Championship. I'm not a Sixers fan, but a Knicks fan who gave up the season tickets in 2004 when the team/ownership (the Dolans) have no committment to winning. I paid $3760.00 for 2 seats in 7 monthly installments in the 400 level in the Garden & found better uses for my hard earned $$$ now. I can get them back anytime since the Garden doesn't sell out anymore these days. I only go when I don't have to spend alot......I only buy the $10.00 seats to about 5 games this past season.
    Charlie,
    I gotta say the Celt's. Been watching them all year. Watching them tonight. They got an awesome bench, and play awesome basketball. Truth be told, I'm a die hard hockey fan. Been playing hockey all my life, and did so tonight.

I coached kids basketball, but never played the game except in the street. When I coached, I learned all I could about defense, because we had no shooters. Defense wins games. It took us to the semifinals, only to lose on a last second foul. Defense is king. and not just the starting five but all the way down the bench.

Go Celts! Go Bruins! Go Sox's, Go Pats! Jesus, it's been great to be a Boston fan over the last six years.