Rookie Poster

Default Club Hellfire in NYC - What happened to it??? Research topic

Hello People-

Been away from NYC a while- I explored all aspects of my personal journey into Trans girls here- this placed was like a second home to me, Exploration, Curiousity and Temptation were all to be had on a random Friday night in this club. I couldn't wait to get off of work on Fridays.

Can anyone help me understand what happened to Club Hellfire in NYC's West Side - off of 14th street and 10th avenue. I used to see all the "girls" that used to frequent the club and work or perform there.

I am actively researching the seamy 80s and 90s sex life on the streets and I remember some crazy things happening in this club. What happened to Lenny, the Gimp and Mistresses Morgan and Angel. I know Ruben or "G- A" went on to L.A. and worked in the adult industry there.

I would appreciate any stories, anecdotes, or any information that you care to post. Thank you board!!! Oh and if any of you lovely Angels want to tell me your stories- I'd especially love to hear from you.

Sincerely,

The World is not Enough- James Bond

Junior Poster

It was closed by the Health Department for unsafe sex.

Junior Poster

On the corner of 9th Avenue between 13th and 14th Street is a triangular building. Bounded by 9th Avenue, 13th and Hudson Streets, this red brick building housed a series of s/m and sex clubs of historical value. J's was at street level on the Hudson side with a big red door. A gay sex bar with a pool table!. On the other side of the building, down a flight of concrete stairs was a space that has had changed names several times but always remained the most famous and best known s/m and sex club in the New York scene. It started in the early 80's as THE HELLFIRE CLUB, then changed around 1986, after the city shut it down because of the herpies scare, to THE VAULT, then back again to THE HELLFIRE CLUB. On certain nights and Sunday afternoon it was a gay bar, packed with naked horney gay men of every size and age. Other nights it was straight/mixed. But it was always sex and S/M! The club was located UNDER the cobblestoned street over which cars and city buses drove over slick cobblestone streets. Its vaulted brick and concrete rooms housed backrooms, gloryholes, cages, urine smelling bathtubs, slings, webs of steel chains, and a grey cat. We had fun there!
    for a while after 86 it was called THE VAULT, then changed back to hellfire when the VAULT mover to tenth ave and 13 street, in an old refrigeration building

check out VILLAGE VOICE

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/073...s,77515,2.html

The hellfire club closed around 2001 when land values skrocketed, the parking lot around the corner became a trendy hotel, and the whole meatmarket went trendy and upscale, like Soho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	donna_donald9_124.jpg 
Views:	884 
Size:	322.3 KB 
ID:	172415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hellfireclub13street8001_177.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	172416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0946i2_179.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	172417  

Express your beauty,
    in all its forms.
    www.hellfirepress.com

Junior Poster

The original Hellfire was shut down by the city in 1986 because the HERPIES scare caused the city to get tough on sex clubs. they were shut down and they had to get rid of all the gloryhole rooms in the back. it took a few months and lots of rebuilding, but it reopened again and tried to enforce strict safe sex only policy. no open sex, no blow jobs, no fucking on the floor. just hand jobs and jerking off. break the rule and they threw you out.

when I was shut down. the original owners tried to open FETISH WAREHOUSE in Sunset park brooklyn. but it failed to attrace the nessary crowds

the newest sex club is called SPAM and its in brooklyn.
    safe sex only.

Name:	hfc_tg0308201_264.jpg 
Views:	873 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	172418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	666_167.jpg 
Views:	868 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	172419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modelzzdr_201.jpg 
Views:	872 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	172420  

Express your beauty,
    in all its forms.
    www.hellfirepress.com

are there any other underground clubs like this in the city anymore???

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Club Hellfire in NYC - What happened to it??? Research t

Quote Originally Posted by Karma
    Hello People-
    I would appreciate any stories, anecdotes, or any information that you care to post. Thank you board!!! Oh and if any of you lovely Angels want to tell me your stories- I'd especially love to hear from you.

Sincerely,
    Found these for you, hope they are new to you.

http://motherboards.infopop.cc/eve/f...1/m/9706054614

http://www.nypress.com/print.cfm?content_id=16809

http://chelseanow.com/cn_40/losingthemeatpacking.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1075013/

Junior Poster

Lenny from the hellfire club is alive and well. He recently suffered a small heart attack but is recovering nicely. Each year he works on the mothers march against aids and leads the march down Christopher street

Name:	awdscn7054_414.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	172516  

Express your beauty,
    in all its forms.
    www.hellfirepress.com

flowerboy Rookie Poster

i remember one night two weeks before y2k... walking down those stairs on 14 and 9... i was 20 with a fake ID and a pumping pulse, had heard so much about it... manhattan was showing signs that things will change, i planned it for days, i wanted to taste it before its gone.

i'll keep my experiences of that night to myself, needless to say, they don't make them like that anymore...

thank god there is still paris...

BTW gonzobear, can you provide more info on SPAM? i googled it but only found...

Junior Poster

try this!

http://web.mac.com/submitparty/iWeb/...to%20Spam.html

**NO HETEROSEXUALS ALLOWED** NO SMOKING **
    **Other New Rules to Maximize your Fun and Keep It Safe**

Bklyn's Hottest Sex Party for the entire LBGT community
    BYOB~~Sexy Music~~WOMEN/TRANS ONLY ROOM~~Queers Only!
    Safety's name of the game with our SPAM quality control experts who
    circulate in order to maximize your nasty fun.

and

http://web.mac.com/submitparty/iWeb/...%20Desire.html

Name:	hfc_nancy82908191_204.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	172654  

Express your beauty,
    in all its forms.
    www.hellfirepress.com