Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sat Jul 9. LONDON-Allanah Starr's First Int Party Cancelled?

Is the party cancelled this Saturday? After the terrorist bombings i imagine the transport system will be shut down or very restricted for the coming days. Just wanted to be reassured that everythings still going ahead and Allanah got to London ok?

5 Star Poster

Default Fuck the party

Frankly, the least of our worries now should be whether this party goes ahead or not. I do sincerely hope that Allanah is well, of course, but I don't give a flying fuck about the party.

This is no time for parties. It is a time for prayer for and for solidarity with the people of the UK and particularly Londoners. We can only pray for the victim's families, pray that the body count is low, pray that London finds the strength to rebuild, and pray that the G8 leaders find a way to combat terrorism, without ignoring all the other serious issues they need to tackle (like poverty in Africa).

The attacks were barbaric. People died, dozens, perhaps more. Others, numbering in the hundreds have been injured, lost arms or legs or scarred for life, physically and psychologically. London went from jubilation to shock, panic and now almost a stunned silence as the minutes tick and the news channels reveal the carnage.

As a said, I hope Allanah is well if she's in London, but the party? Fuck the party! Who gives a shit now?

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Fuck it - have the party, will take people's minds off it.
    The last thing London want's is your prayers.

We've had terrorist attacks there for as long as I've been alive and as someone whose been in multiple bomb scares, I know how resilient that city is to this sort of cowardice.

London needs your support - it doesn't need your prayers or angst.
    seanchai

5 Star Poster

What I'm saying is that the first thoughts in our minds should be with London, with the Londoners, thoughts of support, solidarity and prayers (call them good vibes if you're not religious) that the people overcome, that London finds the strength, that the death toll stops rising.

The first thing on our minds shouldn't be a fucking party.

I agree London has shown resilience. I've lived there a while and have seen its capacity to come back from adversity every time, to rebuild. If you want to call my thoughts angst, call them what you will.

That's all.

Professional Poster

I have to agree with Seanchai - have the party and enjoy it. You can't let terrorism rule your life and once you start cancelling events for whatever reason, the terrorists have won. Im used to work in London and still go there every couple of weeks and I know this is the attitude of the populace. After all, we've had terrorism in London and the UK for 30 years and we are not beaten yet.

An ageing TS lover making up for lost time

5 Star Poster

I'll repeat what I said before.

What I'm saying is that the first thoughts in our minds should be with London, with the Londoners, thoughts of support, solidarity and prayers (call them good vibes if you're not religious) that the people overcome, that London finds the strength, that the death toll stops rising.

The first thing on our minds shouldn't be a fucking party.
    I didn't say cancel everything. I didn't say the UK should come to a standstill.I did not say that Londoners should live in fear. Fear of terrorists and respect for the dead and wounded are two very different things. The Olympic bid homecoming celebrations have been cancelled out of respect, not fear.

I just think that right now is not tha time to be worrying about whether a party will go ahead or not.

I was upset because the very first post related to the bombings on this site asked that question- will the party be cancelled. I think my reaction was pretty fair. There are more important things to think about. All I'm saying is get your priorities right.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

2 days after 9/11 clubs in Manhattan were open, cabs were running, and people were out & about

Allanahs party will most likely go on, especially since the safest place to be in Europe for the next few days will most likely be London.

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    We've had terrorist attacks there for as long as I've been alive and as someone whose been in multiple bomb scares, I know how resilient that city is to this sort of cowardice.

London needs your support - it doesn't need your prayers or angst.
    seanchai
    couldnt agree more. been to london myself, there were years u had your bi-monthly bombing in London (ira). ull see the brits beeing not as hysterical about that incident as your average yank-republican. condolences to the families of the victims, but no need for overreaction

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

the party will GO on

DO NOT LET THE TERRORIST INTIMIDATE YOU, CHANGE YOUR WAY OF LIFE, OR LET THEM STOP YOU FROM YOUR LIFE. DO NOT LET THE TERRORIST TERRORIZE YOU. THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT.

i have been through three terrorist attacks through 3 different cities and i still get on planes, i still go on,& i do not live in fear. we must bouncer back, we must live out lives.

this is a truly horrible day-but when you give into the fear and terror you give in to the terrorist.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

as stated above if you look at the clips on CNN or BBC you'll see many Brits walkin like its the norm, if they aren't shaken up by this we shouldn't be..............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ