Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Hockey

Default NHL Hockey

Was just curious.Anyone into the NHL Hockey?If so what are you fav teams?....opps forgot to say my fav team....New York Islanders

I am! The Boston Bruins. I love hockey and still play.

Yes Boston is always a team i like as well.What position do you play?

I grew up as a right winger. Now playing in over 30 groups, generally there are only two lines, so you operate in a rotation. When you come of the ice you go to the end of the bench. As players come off you move up to the front. You jump on the ice and play the position of the player that comes off.

So on any night you can be playing all the positions. Skating and playing is a rush unmatched in any sport, because it's so fast. I love it.

Very kool.If you had to say pick an Era or Team line that Boston had at one time..........what year/team line would it be?They had some good years.

Rookie Poster

I am a Philadelphia Flyers fan & miss the 70's when they were known as the "Broad Street Bullies"!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelp
    Very kool.If you had to say pick an Era or Team line that Boston had at one time..........what year/team line would it be?They had some good years.
    You have to say 70 to 73. Esposito, Hodge, Cashman. Orr & Dallas Smith backine

Bucyk, Stanfield, Shakey Walton. Awery and Rick Smith backline

Sanderson, Marcotte, MacKenzie. Checking line.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie31
    I am a Philadelphia Flyers fan & miss the 70's when they were known as the "Broad Street Bullies"!
    They were bullies, till they came to Boston. O'Reilly mopped the floor with Dave Schultz. Before that, no one fucked with Derek Sanderson. No one touched Orr, he was more dangerous than Sanderson and O'Reilly and everyone in the league knew that.

I remember a game against the Minnesota North Stars, I think it was Brian Bellows was irrating the shit out of Orr. A brawl broke out. Orr went to the Minnesota bench. Bellows was on the bench. Orr waved for him to come out and fight. Bellows wouldn't. Orr jumped into the Minnesota bench and beat the shit out of him. The funny thing was, not one player on the bench came to Bellows aid.

That's tough. Gordie Howe tough. No one fucked with Howe either. Orr and Howe were the two greatest player to play the game. They played back when there we're six teams. Meaning there were only 120 professional players - ie the cream of the crop.

Now there are 30 teams or 600 players.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie31
    They were bullies, till they came to Boston. O'Reilly mopped the floor with Dave Schultz. Before that, no one fucked with Derek Sanderson. No one touched Orr, he was more dangerous than Sanderson and O'Reilly and everyone in the league knew that.

I remember a game against the Minnesota North Stars, I think it was Brian Bellows was irrating the shit out of Orr. A brawl broke out. Orr went to the Minnesota bench. Bellows was on the bench. Orr waved for him to come out and fight. Bellows wouldn't. Orr jumped into the Minnesota bench and beat the shit out of him. The funny thing was, not one player on the bench came to Bellows aid.

That's tough. Gordie Howe tough. No one fucked with Howe either. Orr and Howe were the two greatest player to play the game. They played back when there we're six teams. Meaning there were only 120 professional players - ie the cream of the crop.

Now there are 30 teams or 600 players.

ezed,
    I do recall that fight, but the Flyers were the bullies in the NHL of that era. I have this tape that I bought a few years ago showing many of the Flyers brawls from the 70's to the 80's. Now I enjoy my 10 game DVD set of the Flyers that has 2 Stanley Cup clinching games against Boston & Buffalo.
    The 5 OT game against Pittsburgh is a classic & remember I went to work that morning with no sleep since that game finished after 3:00 AM.

Both organizations had their glory days. It was great wasn't it!