Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Ready for a NEW Star Trek XI?

due out in june 09 now
    old Kirk is out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star_trek_1_165.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	171691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legendaryno1_155.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	171692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sotl_reimagined_533.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	171693  

love the look of that ship,The Enterprise?
    09 is to long but i have high hopes

SHEMALE WRESTLING WILL ONE DAY COME TRUE!!!

Coolness! Nichelle, George, Walter, and is that Rand (Can't recall the actress' name at the mo')?

I got stuck in an elevator with Walter some years back and the look of terror in his eyes was scary!

"Oh, no! It is one uff THEM!"

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Veteran Poster

Can't wait

Simon Pegg as Scotty......good choice

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

Veteran Poster

Gene Roddenberry was a genius.

What has made Star Trek such an enduring and popular series, crossing cultures, languages and generations?

I'd say it's the show's moral themes, especially the foremost among them: do what is right no matter what the outcome. Essentially you can trace the plot of every episode in each of the five separate series to that one point. If only more of us would live by that wisdom.

On another note, Roddenberry was also a genius in the way he envisioned technology advancing in the future. Ever notice how the old communicators in the original series look very similar to today's flip-style cell phones? And what about tablet PC's? Roddenberry saw 'em coming all the way back in the 60's! If you think about it, just about every piece of technology that we have today that would have been unimaginable forty years ago existed in the Star Trek universe.

Good ol' Gene knew his stuff!

Inventor of the Zapata Tube.

they showed the preview at the cloverfield showing

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrassVillanueva
    I'd say it's the show's moral themes, especially the foremost among them: do what is right no matter what the outcome.
    Very true. Also the fact that the crew was such a diverse, multi-national group - not to mention multi-species!

On another note, Roddenberry was also a genius in the way he envisioned technology advancing in the future. Ever notice how the old communicators in the original series look very similar to today's flip-style cell phones? And what about tablet PC's? Roddenberry saw 'em coming all the way back in the 60's! If you think about it, just about every piece of technology that we have today that would have been unimaginable forty years ago existed in the Star Trek universe.

I saw a documentary with some of the original actors. They said Gene brought together top science fiction writers (Ray Bradbury, etc) at the start of the series to help predict future technology. Smart move. I'm looking forward to the day I can "beam up" to one of Allanah or Sunny's parties!

Junior Poster

I'd say it's the show's moral themes, especially the foremost among them: do what is right no matter what the outcome. Essentially you can trace the plot of every episode in each of the five separate series to that one point. If only more of us would live by that wisdom.

YES! Ive always thought exactly the same thing everytime I look at my razer. I used to always be jealous of Captain Picards "laptop" in his ready room as a lil youngin, how it was so flat, small, and he turned it on just by touchin it. Now just about everyone has one. I agree Gene was wayy ahead of his time. So many things from the Star Trek series are comin true nowadays, its awesome.

Btw...I was never a big fan of the old old star trek, but any idea as to whos gonna be starin in it and what the plot may be?

Rookie Poster

The Vulcan chick looks like Annie Lennox with pointy ears.