Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rookie Poster

This thread got me pumped up to go out, so now I have to decide between seeing some ladies at crobar or going to vision where I like the music better (not tonight especially but better than crobar pop mashup)

Rookie Poster

Default Miss El Gato Negro Pageant May 11?

I am not going to go to it but I though some might be interested...
    Miss El Gato Negro Pageant May 11...

Well I went to the "event," if that's what they want to call it. $15 cover and 3 drink minimum for what was essentially a slightly dressed up version of their normal Sunday night show. I don't want to bash one of the few TS clubs in Chicago, but come on folks! If you're going to charge $30+ dollars to get in don't offer the same thing you get for free the other 51 Sundays of the year.

As for the general nature of this club. I also wouldn't classify it as scary. My complaint is that nothing much seems to happen. They promise and talk a good game, but not much is delivered. The band is good, but there's no dancing. There aren't any big screen televisions. It's kind of sit around and wait for someone to "flirt" with you. I think if they tried a little bit they could make it better, but they don't seem to try much.

You see all these clubs in LA and NY and it's just lacking here. Even a strip club type place like Divas in SF would be welcome (though that will never happen here)

Rookie Poster

The club is what it is; though I was a little surprised they only had five ladies in the pageant (from what I was told). And while thirty bucks won't kill anyone, it does seem a tad high for five contestants.

We have very lackluster GG strip clubs in Chicago. I can't see anything more exotic having any chance. The one thing I never understood is there are places in Illinois that have been far more open-minded about adult activities than the big city (Chicago). For instance, there's Big Al's strip club in the heart of downtown Peoria. In fact there were some really nice strip joints in central Illinois which is a fairly conservative area.

Also for years there were/are places around the state (some still active) with massage parlors etc.

Is there someplace in Illinois other than Chicago that has a decent club/bar?