Default New and looking for where to get hormones

Hi everyone.

I am a 19 year old starting MTF in the midwestern United States.

I'm new on here and looking for information on where and how to get hormones. I've done a ton of research on them on the internet already but there's nothing better than getting information from real people. I've already done searches on the board and I don't think those old posts answer my questions.

I have tried the therapy way to get a doctor's letter to get hormones and had bad luck with it by going to people who were hostile towards TG's so I am not waiting time or money on it again.

I am interested in purchasing hormones from outside the United States since you can only get it by "prescription" here as many already know. I am fairly sure of what kinds to take such as Spironolactone, estradiol and progesterone but I would like others' opinions on which kinds/brands are the best and hopefully least expensive.

I am primary interested in taking injection hormones for several reasons but I read that you can start out on pills then move on to injections.

Please do not suggest inhousepharmacy.com as I found out they ship from the south pacific and I personally wouldn't trust medicine coming from there.

I am looking for a place that operates and ships from Europe or Canada that is reputable and sells the real deal please. Or if there are any "non-prescription" pharmacies in the U.S. that tell them.

I know not to self-medicate, I read somewhere that you can go to a doctor in your area and tell him/her that you are going to take hormones and would like someone to guide you and monitor your progress. Is this actually true and legal?

Thankx!

MidWest TG

Quote Originally Posted by Nikka
    at the drugstore
    lol!

You can go to inhousepharmacy if you want to do it the unsafe way.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You can go to a counselor be okayed to get on hormones

them see a endocrinologist where you will get bloodwork done, so they can see the level your testerone is at and how much estrogen you have.

So they can put you on the right dosage for your body.

Self medicating is dangerous, and can cause long term sexual side effects.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

5 Star Poster

OK - I agree with Kelly - but also, Jessica and I and many of our friends have used inhouse for years. There has never beena problem.

They do ship from Vanatu in the south pacific - but it's a British owned company. If you doubt them, just call them up I think they hae an 800 number.

In three years we've had one shipment lost, which was replaced within a few weeks.

Have you tried doing an internet search for therapists in your area that a tran advocates? It might be a place to start. Also ask at a GLBT center in your region.

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

Hi!

Thanks for the information girls! I have tried the therapy way and haven't had the best luck in terms of doctors. I am no longer interested in trying that way and it is draining my remaining funds.

So inhousepharmacy is OK? That is good to hear. You have to be cautious when meds come from the south pacific.

Is there any information on what brands to avoid and which ones to get?

I do plan on being monitored by an endocrinologist, I just want to get my hormones online and cut out the middle man so to speak. I want to do it safely, I've read lots of websites about the dangers of taking hormones without supervision by a doctor.

Thanks,

MidWest TG

Rookie Poster

Hey sweetie you seen kinda young to be giving up on therapy, but I guess that's not any of my business. You are going to need somebody to talk to though, so maybe rethink that part a little. Otherwise In-house is a good source. Oh join a bulletin board that is a little more directed towards support. Not that this is a bad place, I certainly did not mean that. Well wishing you lots of luck