Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Diesel price in USA?

Here in Europe something real uneuseal have happends. The price of Diesel is higher than the price of petrol... Its have never been so earlier.
    I ask the man on the petrolstation why the diesel have been so expensive..but he couldnt answer it. Here has the diesel prise earlier been 60-75% of the prise of petrol but now its 10- 15% higher...

Junior Poster

it is higher here also. Regular gas in my area is $3.19 USD. Diesel is $4.19 USD.

It depends on where you are in the States as to the differential between Diesel and Regular Gas. In the Denver area, it is approximately $.80 to $1.00 higher than Regular Gas. A sorce for the best prices in your area, at least in the States, is GasBuddy.com.

The average price of "Regular Gas" in the Denver Metro Area is $3.12, with some stations at $2.99.

Rookie Poster

2.99 for GAS?!?! omg here on the west cost is about 3.63 for regular unleaded diesil is about 4.25

Quote Originally Posted by xxemox
    2.99 for GAS?!?! omg here on the west cost is about 3.63 for regular unleaded diesil is about 4.25
    Yea, that's sucks, alright! But, I'm quite sure you don't want to make the 1200 mile trip, just to fill up!!!

Professional Poster

I guess you are talking gallon... Here is the price 2$ / litre four the diesel and 1.75/litre four 95 okt petrol and a gallon is 3.8 liters

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion
    I guess you are talking gallon... Here is the price 2$ / litre four the diesel and 1.75/litre four 95 okt petrol and a gallon is 3.8 liters

Yea, Scorp...Sorry I didn't make that clear. In the states, we use gallons, only. Our "Regular" gas is 85-87 oct and "Premium" is 91-93 oct., depending on where one lives. High altitude locations use a lower octane rating. We also have a "Mid-Grade" with 87-89 octane.

My Corvette rune on "Premium" fuel, unless I want to take it to the track. Then I will buy a tank of "Race" gas @ 106 octane, for about $7.00/gallon.

Rookie Poster

I own a gas station, and diesel has been higher then gasoline for quite some time now, atleast in my area.

I'm selling regular gas for 3.179/gallon and diesel is 4.399/gallon

Professional Poster

they charge more for it cuz they know you get better gas mileage with it!!!!!!!!fuck exxon............

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

I'm just waiting for that diesel/electric hybrid; I'm sure Volkswagen AG or Honda is working on it. I would actually buy one.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.