Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Default Dire Situation For Transsexuals In Kuwait (Disturbing Video)

I just recieved this from my MySpace friend Miriam in Kuwait explaining to me what they are now doing to transgendered people in Kuwait.

PLEASE rad the blog she posted and take a look at her MySpace, and if you like send her a message.

I am sure that she could aplly for political assylum elsewhere because of her situation- so if anyone knows anything about that, I think you would be very kind to contact her.

Miriam's MySpace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=151056607

In her own words:

"To all the people with hearts , to all the people with feelings , to all the people who think we should all be treated alike to all the people who oppose torture and to every single person in the world who thinks every one should live life the safest way possible.
    on be half of the kuwaity transexuals i ask you today to help us and to tell the world what is happening to us by the police and by the new law that strictly declares transexuals as outlaws and criminals.
    a few months ago a law was posed in kuwait declaring that transexuals or any man acting, dressing or looking like a female will be sent to jail for some time and will get their head shaved so they can go back to be normal men.
    medical research has proved that we cant become men and it has proven that we are men from the outside but women from the inside and that we cant go on with our lives looking like males but we feel safer and more comfortable as females.
    let me tell you a little about kuwait if you have good connections you can deal with drugs commit murder or even rape and u can get of the hook very easily but if u dont you will be sentinced to jail or even executed.
    today and as i type this letter alot of transexuals have been thrown in jail and have been shaved and beaten up to a point where they started telling on each other. their crime is feeling safer and more secure as women and not men so they became a threat to the community and to the state of kuwait.Each transexual is forced into confessing on the where abouts of her friends and are refused to call a lawyer and are thrown in jail straight away for a time only the police know of .
    the kuwaity constitution is just like the french and it strictly states that EVERY CITIZEN HAS THE RIGHT TO LIVE THEIR LIFE THE WAY THEY CHOSE OR FEEL SAFEST IN we had this before the conservatives declared war on transexuals outlawing us and making up stories that we are all involved in drugs and prostitution i must say that there are some who do drugs and others that prostitute but not the majorty it is a minority. we only ask the world to see whats happening to us to see that getting beat up and tortured will not cure the problem they should try and understand us help us live our lives as the women we are.
    many people oppose this law but cant say a word because the islamists in kuwait have forbidden every thing that goes against their beleifs and are trying to take the country back in time to the time of knights and horses a time when the sword ruled but not the constitution .
    we ask the world to help us help us live help us survive if no one helps us they will eventually arrest us all and only god knows where we are going to end up. from this letter i hope my voice can be heard world wide and hope that all the good hearted people in the world that think we should live our lives help and support us so we can survive god only knows if i might type another letter to you all and if i might escape arrest tomorrow.
    god be with you all

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

www.TransexualStarr.com

sad stuff. The only thing that comes to my mind is Amnesty International.

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

I've contacted GLAAD and several other places who have been helpful in sending me links to many human rights organizations and international LGBT organizations.

I've been sending this story out because this needs some media attention.

I havel also introduced the subject to the moderator of the panel that I will be speaking on March 29 to hopefully draw some attention to this issue.

www.TransexualStarr.com

Professional Poster

I know about the problem and its a very compliquated. I DO MY BEST to fight four HBT " homo bisexuall transexuall" persons al the time in evry corner of the world....But I guess its a full time situation to defense myself and my partner and some friends....Its not ours fault that wee living in a rotten world.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    I've contacted GLAAD and several other places who have been helpful in sending me links to many human rights organizations and international LGBT organizations.

I've been sending this story out because this needs some media attention.

I havel also introduced the subject to the moderator of the panel that I will be speaking on March 29 to hopefully draw some attention to this issue.
    Hmm maybee one of the girls could get in touch with someone with connections to Maury? If he has had one on hs show Im sure that he could contact those in the media.

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.

Professional Poster

I don't mean to be harsh, but rights aren't protected in the US and nothing said here will do a remote thing there.

It's like Tibet. No matter how much protesting is done in the US, it's the other side of the world and the people ruling could care less.

If I were them, i'd leave town NOW.

Maybe in 25 years things will get better, but it needs to get better here before it will get better there.

Silver Poster

Your friend may be able to travel to the US and live here with out much problem. There is a "special" relationship regarding the US and a few choice countries in the middle east.

"How you doin!"

I agree with everyone that suggests any avenue to help those people there. However I think that it helps too if people in the community take on the mindset that working on behalf of the rights of transgender people is not just helping them, but all of humanity. This struggle is for the rights of anyone who wants to be themselves, and does not seek to harm others. The struggle to grant rights to transgender person is just part of the evolutionary process of granting equal rights to all classes of people. For example, in our nation’s recent history we have come to understand and accept that handicapped people deserve access to the public places that other classes of people could get into. So gaining rights and acceptance for transgender people, along with gays and lesbians is just another step in the struggle for mankind to understand that people should not be punished just for being born different than the masses of other people.

We are fighting for the right for transgender people to live as themselves. And in the process we are also advancing of all humanity.

P.S. I want to thank Allanah for bringing this important issue to our attention. I also want to explain that I am a Sociologist by training, so I tend to look at issues within a larger framework.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    We are fighting for the right for transgender people to live as themselves. And in the process we are also advancing of all humanity.

P.S. I want to thank Allanah for bringing this important issue to our attention. I also want to explain that I am a Sociologist by training, so I tend to look at issues within a larger framework.
    lets step out of utopia for a moment and face the truth that were not going to change anything over there... not in this lifetime anyway
    at this rate the only sensible thing to do is to get the hell out of there

if anything works its leading by example and im sure all of your home countries still have a lot to do in that regard so what not start with changing things where youre at

choose your enemies wisely... a mans heart cant be filled with any old windmill

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.