Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rev. Wright....blah,blah,blah - what about Rev. Moon?

The talking heads on tv have been going crazy over comments made by Obama's former minister, Jeremiah Wright. I haven't heard them all and I don't agree with the wilder ones. So what? The man grew up in the 50s and was on the frontlines in the civil rights struggles in the 60s. Who can blame him for being angry? Btw, I think Obama hit it out of the park with his speech yesterday. Anyone who can listen to the man speak and not get emotional...is a bigger cynic than me, and that's saying something.

What I'm curious about is why no outrage over the close ties between the REICHwing and one Rev. Sun Myung Moon, who owns the premier right wing newspaper in America? This goof claims to be the messiah. He says Jesus was a failure and his wing-nut followers hold 'funerals for the cross'.
    President Dubya's brother travels with Moon and Bush Sr has as well. Dubya took campaign money from him, as do many Republicans. How does this fit in with their 'Christian values' line of bullshit?

Platinum Poster

The lack of public outrage over the moonie/right connection that has existed for years is certainly disappointing.

The Rev. Wright? Why don't we hear more about the extreme right's bible-banging nutjobs that McCain has aligned himself with?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Pat Robertson makes his living (as did Falwell) explaining how natural disasters are just God's vengeance on America for extending the liberties of citizenship to homosexuals and atheists. In other words, Falwell and Robertson were proclaiming "God Damn America".

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I always liked Reverend Ike. At least he was straight up.

"Don't you raise no black fist to me my brother, unless you put some green in it first!"

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Junior Poster

Pat and Jerry simply explained how a civilization rots from the inside out when it lies to its citizens that sodomites are normal and then teaches that lie in school so recruitment can take place. The Sodomites have had thousands of years to build a multicultural paradise and it hasn't happened anywhere on Earth yet. Every society that has um... "embraced" it has fallen. I wonder why? As for liberties, the gay mafia is working hard to give themselves special rights.

Wright was shell shocked by the 50's and some of his anger needs to get under control. He looks like a moonbat by publishing hamass propaganda in his church letter.

Pat and Jerry simply explained how a civilization rots from the inside out when it lies to its citizens that sodomites are normal ...
    BULLSHIT...Pat and Jerry explicitly stated that god was punishing us directly with natural disasters for harboring gays. Not rotting or diseased from the inside, but suffering directly from the rage of an sexually insecure god. Face it: your god is a homophobic closet case who wants to stomp on anybody or anything that threatens his deteriorating self-image. In other words, he was created in your image, q1a2z3

The Sodomites have had thousands of years to build a multicultural paradise and it hasn't happened anywhere on Earth yet.

You call that reasoning? I didn’t know it was a goal of sodomites over the millennia to create a multicultural paradise. Straights have had nearly a million years to build a monocultural paradise. How ‘ya doin’ with that?

Every society that has um... "embraced" it has fallen. I wonder why?
    There are many European societies that have embraced same sex marriage, civil unions or cohabitation rights and they do just fine thank you.

As for liberties, the gay mafia is working hard to give themselves special rights.
    Wrong again. Gays already have the inalienable rights to which the Declaration referred. They’re just trying to get the children of the founders to apply them fairly to all.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by q1a2z3
    The Sodomites have had thousands of years to build a multicultural paradise and it hasn't happened anywhere on Earth yet. Every society that has um... "embraced" it has fallen.
    Homosexuality was commonplace and accepted during the golden age of Ancient Greece - a civilisation that subsequently collapsed.

It was totally unacceptable and punishable by death during the golden age of Roman and later British Empires - both of which subsequently collapsed.

All society reach a zenith, and all societies collapse - to be replaced by others. It's called progress.

Like Trish, I really can't see any correlation between homosexuality and collapse of societies.

Professional Poster

ted haggard???an how many catholic priests are involved in the multimillion dollar hush money pay out for a "sodomite scandal".........

"A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from the vexation of thinking."

Emerson

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

Careful, or that Emerson quote will turn right around and bite you in the ass.