Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Here's the way politics work: The last regime (Clinton-Gore) left office with a TEN YEAR BUDGETARY SURPLUS. The entire Bush/Gore campaign battle was about what to do with that surplus...give it to the wealthy in tax breaks or put it in a lock box for social security. Bush didn't even fucking spend it. He gave it away!!!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Here's the way politics work: The last regime (Clinton-Gore) left office with a TEN YEAR BUDGETARY SURPLUS. The entire Bush/Gore campaign battle was about what to do with that surplus...give it to the wealthy in tax breaks or put it in a lock box for social security. Bush didn't even fucking spend it. He gave it away!!!
    Little Bush deserves the same fate as Mussollini received, as well as Cheney and a few others in their neocon cabal.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

Well as bad as things may seem to be, there are lot of positives this past week. The stock market had 2 400+ days biggest gain in many years. The Fed are reducing interest rates. Despite ppl views on surpluses/deficits, it never has really been something i worried to heavily about. Right now the deficit only make around 3-4% of gross domestic product (GDP) and even less globally. And it has been shown that stock markets have faired quite well in deficits. Maybe even less well in surpluses. If the stock market does end up recovering in the next month or so, we may only see a short-term recession (if you believe the old believe that the stock market precedes economic conditions).

Additionally, 10 year bond yield are are lower than S&P 500 Stock earning yields. So I am confident about eh future and see this possible recession as an opportunity.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

stocks are bs. Point blank. It's Consumerism at it's best. The bubble is about to burst, and they will have to either take over or pre-empt. Get ready...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Rookie Poster

Well if the economy does go down the toilet everyone better get ready for the fall of the USA. I mean not just financial wise I alos mean socialy aswell. Everyone will start attacking everyone for what they have.

There will be a hell of a war here in the US.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B.
    Well if the economy does go down the toilet everyone better get ready for the fall of the USA. I mean not just financial wise I alos mean socialy aswell. Everyone will start attacking everyone for what they have.

You get it, this is where this is headed. Notice the shift toward the holy war they are attempting. All fabricated, but this was determined a long time ago. We don't have a chance, and it's not just the US. It's a world issue. If you believe in the Bible, now is the time where the WHore of Babylon will come to take face. Pray for intervention, because destruction is inevitable at this point. We can't save ourselves. Those in charge don't want salvation for us.

Get ready...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border

You get it, this is where this is headed. Notice the shift toward the holy war they are attempting. All fabricated, but this was determined a long time ago. We don't have a chance, and it's not just the US. It's a world issue. If you believe in the Bible, now is the time where the WHore of Babylon will come to take face. Pray for intervention, because destruction is inevitable at this point. We can't save ourselves. Those in charge don't want salvation for us.

Get ready...
    I will. lol

Junior Poster

People read this, its the Global economic outlook 2008

http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/research...185449,00.html

Do you mean like the Road Warrior – because that would be sweet.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border

Get ready...
    LMFAO @ you two, especially at south border and his religious gibberish.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling..."

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe