Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Can you ID the location?

As an amusement, I sometimes try nailing the location of a pic that gives a few clues. I'm stuck on this one. Can anyone ID the precise location?

She's Tyra. The digital date is 11 Jan 06. That ties in with the clue on the billboard 'Let freedom ring. And let it be rung...', which I found out was a campaign from Dec 05 on. (The news never made it my side of the Atlantic, but I've been through a web site devoted to spotting these billboards).

I think it's Los Angeles. But do you know precisely where?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_436.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	170420  

Junior Poster

It would help if you could somehow zoom in or enhance the street sign over her left shoulder.

BTW, the billboard was for Howard Stern's move from broadcast FM radio to Sirius Satellite radio.

Other than that, it looks like Southern California, LA or San Diego

it's not the first time vee stayed there when he went to cali for a photo shoot. looks like it's actually the same room

Name:	devorab4014_170.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	170428  

Rookie Poster

The street sign says Sunset Blvd.

Junior Poster

The road could be sunset blvd. There is a sunset oil sign there. I googled sunset oil on the map and it gave me a few possibilities in LA. Within a minute....I was feeling rather creepy and stalker-like. Have fun with it I guess. Amazing technology. There is a bus stop on the street below her. That's another great cross-reference.

Junior Poster

5 minutes later and I have a street view of sunset and N. San Vicente. The building is the large gray one. Looks like she was on the 2nd floor based on tree height. The Cat Club is the partial black oval sign you see on the photo. The corner redish building is the Whiskey-Go-Go. FUCKING AMAZING or scarey. BOOK'M DANNO!

Rookie Poster

The red Building on the corner is the Whiskey a go go. Thats West Hollywood. It's near the Hustler store, the Roxy, the Viper Room.

Junior Poster

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

You've ID'd the location already. Congrats!

With your input, I've found the photos were taken at the Bel Age Hotel, 1020 N. San Vicente Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069. Now refurbished as The London West Hollywood.

When Google's street view took the pics attached, the fire trucks were out in force on N San Vicente just a little south of the Bel Age. The technology is great - how they stich the fisheye photos together - and how you can zip past the fire trucks.

Thanks for the help.

Name:	sunset_oil_171.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	170520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	billboard4_122.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	170521  

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Yep - Belage Hotel where we used to shoot a lot as it was the best deal in Hollywood.

Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!