Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: Getting pumped in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyyyyyy
    However most of these girls are getting it done by un-qualified practicioners using non-medical grade silicone or medical grade cut with something. In essence medical grade silicone done in extremely tiny amounts, a method called microdroplets can and will be encapsulated by your body with scar tissue and collagen (fibroblasts). With silicone implants mass amounts of silicone was being exposed by the implant popping, not tiny amounts your body can handle. It ALWAYS should be done in a very very small amount and over an extended period of time so that your body has the time to encapsulate it before it moves to other places.
    Most women, trans or GG, have serious problems with migration, whether in their lips or hips or butt. It has nothing to do with the quality of the silicone or the experience of the doctor. Your body simply does not approve of shoving plastic goo into your body. It tries to deal the best it can with it, including pushing it out your pores (on lips, this can appear noticeably as tiny white spots).

Anyway, the microdrops of silicone aren't what we're talking about, those are used in the cheeks and lips. We're talking about large amounts of silicone pumped into butts and hips.

Here is an interesting blog entry by a plastic surgeon regarding silicone injections.

Breast implants you can take out if something goes wrong (and it often does, a lot of women end up getting them redone after a few years or just taken out altogether) but silicone injections are forever and when it breaks you get to keep both pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by world famous Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Francis R. Palmer III, M.D., F.A.C.S
    Silicone is injected in minute droplets and is permanent….the body places collagen around the silicone droplets and the two together account for the effects noted after silicone injections. Trouble is that silicone has shown that it can migrate from the places it was injected, like in this patients case. Silicone can also cause some benign tumors called siliconomas.
    Upthread I mentioned that nodules had formed beneath my breasts, after
    silicon injections, and prior to breast augmentation.

As Dr. Palmer has pointed out these are benign tumors, and other than
    being aesthetically displeasing, they are not injurious to my health.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxx

Most women, trans or GG, have serious problems with migration, whether in their lips or hips or butt. It has nothing to do with the quality of the silicone or the experience of the doctor. Your body simply does not approve of shoving plastic goo into your body. It tries to deal the best it can with it, including pushing it out your pores (on lips, this can appear noticeably as tiny white spots).

Anyway, the microdrops of silicone aren't what we're talking about, those are used in the cheeks and lips. We're talking about large amounts of silicone pumped into butts and hips.
    xxxxxxx, I think I am going to have to beg to differ with your statement.
    While indeed some women both trans and natal have experienced
    problems with silicon injections, I would feel safe in saying that they would
    not be in the majority.

Again, without being redundant, I believe the problem occurs with women
    having extremely large quantities of questionable grade substances
    injected or pumped into them by untrained and unqualified individuals,

Further, the areas that are pumped; the cheeks, lips, breast, are areas
    that if the silicon migrates could indeed cause major problems both
    physiologically and aesthetically.

For treatment in those areas I would maintain my position that there are
    better treatment options.

With silicon injections to the the buttocks and hips there may not be the
    same migration issues. Also, if the silicon migrates it for the most part will
    not migrate to areas where vital organs reside.

In summation, silicon injection to those areas, in moderate doses, by a
    competent professional, of medical grade silicon may be a viable option
    for cosmetic enhncement of the hips, in my opinion.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: Getting pumped in NYC

Double post.

Junior Poster

Thanks peggee deff something to think about